1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Fan Games

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Alindrome, Sep 4, 2011.

1. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Oh, we have ideas. I've already got a little list of cameos and references to make. Nurse Tinns, for example, and Xion the evil AI overlord.

But yeah, the current plan is to do a third gen, FireRed being my preference, hack. The programs for that generation are more plentiful, general gameplay might be more familiar to those who stopped playing after Gen 1 or 2, while still being fine for those more in line with Gen 4/5. Either way, I know I'm leery about doing a DS Rom hack simply because they're a little less stable than I'd like, and since graphics don't mean anything, we can just roll with a Gen 3 hack easily - tell the story and the lulz first is how I'm going for it.

The scriptwork and the maps and the sprites would be a bit more easy to constrain and control in a Gen 3 hack, too, and I know it's a style I'm personally familiar with. Becoming too ambitious is always an issue, yeah, so that's why keeping it 3rd Gen would allow freedom of making our own world and stuff but still keeping a base of things that isn't too much, well, work. My personal goal is to have this a collaborative DLP project and little thing that we all have a part of, that celebrates and shouts out to the parts of DLP we all love, based around a cool story inside of a Pokemon game that can be challenging and just fun, most of all.

2. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Ooh, the evil overlord xion takes down Drome Inc's PC Infrastructure Network (DIPIN) with an army of Porygon. :awesome

3. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

I'd be down for doing some story-boarding and scripting if you're interested - I've got some experience doing that, and considering how many characters you're going to try and integrate, there's going to be a lot to do on this side.

4. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Vash should be the leader of Team X. Pers could be the Pokemon professor lol.

5. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Oh, Team X has a leader. A glorious leader. And Pers? Runs an observatory. Supposed to be run by fifty men, and he does it on his own.

6. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I have absolutely no artistic talent or coding experience, but I'm down to help with anything needed, no matter how menial. This sounds so incredibly awesome; I very much want to be involved. :3

7. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

What she said.

8. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sounds awesome, if it can be done. Would there be new Pokemon based on DLP members?

Taure uses TL;DR Attack!

It's super effective!

TL;DR attack would be like rollout. Lol.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  9. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Just a note too, for all those worried they have nothing to contribute, that I have some basic hack stuff in the group that can be looked over, and maybe if you take a fancy to a certain program, you'll have use there, and if not, we'll definitely need beta testers along the way. But yeah, loving the interest so far, and concepts are flying fast and furious as we go.

Lol nah. If the current plan is stuck to and it's a 3rd gen hack, we get 386 Pokemon to play with, and the only way to add in 4th/5th gen Pokemon would be to replace certain ones. The Dex would end up a mix and match of favourites and useful ones (Say, get rid of LuvDisc, for one), but no fakemon. DLP cameos will be numerous and awesome, but people.

10. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

Somehow or another, I wanna get fit in as a Steel Trainer in game.

Barring that, I'm just going to keep working on mapping. Has it been agreed on that it's FireRed, or are we going with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald? I want to familiarize myself with all the appropriate tilesets as soon as possible.

11. Skeletaure

High Score:
    There needs to be a rogue villain called Tridentwatch armed with 6 top percentage Dittos. Just when you thought you had defeated him for the last time, he would re-appear again.

Elite 4 would be Raven, Zev, Mid and Vash.

Your rival would be called GinnyPotter.

Elite 4 are impossible to defeat, and each time you try and fail you get added to the Hall of Shame.

12. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

FireRed right now. It's tentative, but it's what I've got the most experience with, and I think the overall style is a bit more refined than R/S/E's, and as time goes on that might change as the team changes and stuff, but FireRed, yeah.

And Trident... I think I have him down as the janitor for Team X, but Dittos lol.

13. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

We've got cameo ideas. Lots of them already.

If interested, say the word in this thread and I'll be sure to send you an invite when I wake up in the morning.

Lutris out.

14. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Team X needs to be composed of DLP's major trolls, led by Merrill.

15. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

I thought the going plan was Raven as the leader of Team X.

16. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Every time you try to battle a female trainer, Ellisande turns up and tries to stop you, only to back down after some random spectator shouts a line of abuse at him.

When you check how well you're doing with the Pokedex, the response should always be massively abusive.

A house in the middle of nowhere with Darius in it, pumping iron with fighting Pokemon.

A ghost pokemon area with the graves of DLP members who have been banned or disappeared.

17. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Just found this today on reddit.

Pokemon New Vegas- A Pokemon mod for Fallout N V

Seems fairly awesome

Download Trailer

18. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Centering on a large grave to Coyote's old username. "He died the way he lived."

19. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Well I have pretty much no experience in this area but if you have some simple stuff for me to do I'm in. I won't have that much time for the next 2 days but after that I've got a bunch.

20. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I'm pretty sure I've got next to nothing to contribute, my knowledge of coding being limited to grade 11 java, my ability to draw being nonexistent and pretty much everything I've tried to write in more than a year being far from complete. That said, I'll help however I can.