1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Delos, May 7, 2014.

1. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Yeah, it's not broken considering these moves can be gotten on the pokemon with breeding. I'd say it's the reverse actually, well and balanced. It's quite annoying to sneak around, especially in water and the desert where the Pokemon can move, but it's worthwhile enough to hunt for a good Pokemon. Like searching for Meditite with Psycho Cut.

It is also the only way to get Pokemon with their dream world abilities in this game without transferring over.

I also haven't tried yet, but I'd wager that this makes finding Feebas easier. Just swim around until the DexNav finds one.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  2. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Ah, Egg Moves. That makes sense. Still possibly broken as fuck, but I'm not going to wait for that one Bagon with Dragon Dance anyway, so... Got a Zigzagoon with Charm just now.

Neat little addition. :)

3. Oment

God fucking dammit Volt Switch, why does Wattson's AI love you so fucking much.

4. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Speaking of Wattson, I'm finally getting around to the New Mauville funtimes (Unleashing Mega Swampert on Primal Groudon was pretty amazing, by the way. And that was a nice emotional-y cutscene after the world's saved. I can dig it.) and in his apartment we find another NPC who's identified as Wattson's wife. So you know, good for him right? But here's the twist: the wife has an Ace Trainer sprite. Aka a chick who's at best in her twenties. Wowwwww.

Wattson slayin' the puss deep into his sixties. Mad respect. Dude'll have a new younger wife come the next moon, I guarantee it. Hugh Heffner of the Pokemon world who fucking knew. Watch out anyone playing as May. W-Money's can play the long game.

(All things Mauville in this game are now my favourites. All the Aperture/Vault-Tec-esque worldbuilding with Devon Corp in Sea Mauville is amazing. And dat treasure room.)

5. Oment

0-2 Attack IV Absol ftl.
    29-31 Speed IV Absol w/ Jolly nature ftw.

Megahorn in the moveset: lolnice.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  6. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

Anyone else had some odd happenings with their Pokemon? I've seen and talked to people where their caught Pokemon occasionally act like traded. Then earlier today my Exploud got boosted experience in one fight randomly. While same fight and same Pokemon my Mightyena got normal experience.

7. Oment

Boosted XP is a side-effect of Pokémon Amie level 2 or 3. It's a 20 % boost or so.

8. Poytin

Except I haven't used Amie at all. So... yeah. And it only did it the once.

9. Oment

Okay, that is weird.

10. Dullahan

Dullahan Fourth Year

Were you online? There is an O-power people randomly give each other (friends or random passerbys) that gives an exp boost. I would not be worried unless it randomly stops obeying you due to level, anyway.
    Finals week has slowed me down considerably, but during my thanksgiving break I clocked about 80 hours into the game. The story is pretty much the same pre-E4, (except kyogre has aqua ring and groudon has rest, which make catching them far more annoying) but after you beat the champ I was pleased to find a final "arc" in the plot, called the delta episode. I won't give any spoilers (for what it's worth, being a pokemon game), but I will say that it has my new favorite female in the pokemon franchise (Clair has been dethroned).

The mirage islands/caves/mountains/forests are pretty great (you can find 2-4 pokes in each zone, they spawn mostly randomly, one changing every day and the others. Ring populated based on street pass/ internet passerbys.

You can also find one cave with dittos, and can then dexnav to find more. I have 9 3 perfect iv dittos and 1 4 perfect from this (comes winter break I will be breeding all the things, if anyone has any requests let me know.)

Being able to catch most of the legendaries from the previous few gens is cool too (I have found zekeram, uxie, mespirit, raikou, lugia, and a few others, but I think there are more).

All in all I'm pretty happy with the game. I do wish more had been done with the Sea Mauville though, it's a really cool zone. You can find spirittomb there though.

11. Oment

You know, I just realised I only have Thunder Wave on Magnezone for capturing. Which is useless for Groudon.

This'll be fun.

-edit- First Ultra Ball, ~20 % hp (low yellow) and asleep.

*hastily removes signs of a sacrificial circle from the basement*

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  12. Poytin

If it was the O-power it would have given Mightyena the same experience boost. Since they both got experience for fighting the same Pokemon. And people have experienced Pokemon disobeying. Like a friend of mine had her Ralts disobey before the first gym.

13. Dullahan

Dullahan Fourth Year

That... Is a truly odd problem. I have neither encountered it nor seen/read about such a thing. I know there was a patch earlier today, so maybe it has been fixed? If not, you might want to contact Nintendo/gamefreak, because that really should not be an issue.

14. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Just bought OR with some birthday monnies. :3 Kinda sad that the player customization ain't in it any more.

15. Oment

16. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I finished the Team Aqua plot, maybe. I've been hearing things about an Episode Delta, but I have no idea what that is.

Thoughts of the game so far:

- I feel sorry for some of these gym leaders. The Mossdeep twins got fucked over so hard with double rock-types. I went out of my way to not use a water attack and I still beat them in one turn with my underleveled Pokemon.

- The Admins are also embarrassing. Someone give Matt more than one Pokemon, please.

- Are Archie and Shelly supposed to be siblings? They look a lot alike, and I remember there was this strange photo in the Aqua base. Shelly's whole "Wait, this is probably a bad idea" also came out of nowhere.

- Don't think I didn't spot you, ruby-eyed Aqua girl in the green sparkle cut scene.

- I forgot how much Sceptile sucks. I should have chosen Torchic. :/

- The fade to black scene changer has gotten more annoying the more the game goes on. Come on, Cave of Origin, you do not need your own little area.

- Speaking of Cave of Origin, why did berserker Kyogre give me a ride to the core before having an epic fight with me? I was so confused I went back to the surface without battling it because I thought Kyogre wanted me to do something first. I caught Kyogre in my second ball, though, so that's nice.

- My favorite base on Route 120 next to the berry trees got screwed over. So long and narrow, it's hard to place anything. :( It's a shame since Route 120 is fucking beautiful at night.

- Where's all the double battles.

- Is my Pokemon encounter / captured screen going to update with the new Pokemon? Do I need to refresh it or something?

My Team:
    Pyro the Magmar. (level 41) Fire Punch / Lava Plume / Feint Attack / Confuse Ray. Acquired from the GTS after I got sick of the lack of variety. I'll evolve him before the Elite Four.
    Maryn the Sharpedo. (level 41) Crunch / Slash / Ice Fang / Waterfall. Pretty badass, but I don't like surfing on her because I like to enjoy my water routes. Now that I stare at my post, I don't think Archie gave me my Sharpedo-nite. God dammit.
    Pyrope the Latias. (level 41) Mist Ball / Dragon Breath / Surf / Recover. I don't usually use legendaries, but she was handed to me and I needed a psychic-type. Haven't used Soar yet, looking forward to it.

Pokemon I just ditched because National Dex:
    Annie the Masquerain. (level 41) Silver Wind / Air Slash / Bubblebeam / Quick Attack. She served me well, but the game is too strong for her now. Godspeed, weird bug.
    Victor the Sceptile. (level 41) Mega Drain / Quick Attack / Strength / Dual Chop. Weak as shit. Modest nature, so I didn't use Leaf Blade.

17. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

The delta episode starts after the E4, and it is awesome. You get the sharpedoite after.

And sceptile doesnt suck. YOU suck sir. Heart scale it leaf blade (even with the modest nature, mega Sceptile will hit like a truck with it) and leaf storm.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
  18. Oment

Unless there's a big difference in stats, a Leaf Blade is going to do more damage than Mega Drain - 1,5x power differential IIRC. Grass Pledge vs Leaf Blade is a whole different story, but even so, Leaf Blade's +crit comes in handy, and it sure as fuck beats Strength (seriously, catch a Tropius or even Linoone since you can Soar), let alone Quick Attack.

But yes, it does have a meh moveset in general. I've been on the verge of benching mine a few times.

And what Tate and Liza got nerfed (well, rolled back to Ruby/Sapphire instead of Emerald) for, Norman makes more than up for. So glad I brought Magneton to that fight.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  19. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Well, that's annoying as hell. Apparently after you catch Rayquaza in the Delta Episode, it's all cutscene till you encounter Deoxys, there's no time at all to save. Couldn't SR for IVs, at least I caught Deoxys and didn't have to reset to capture Rayquaza again.

20. Dullahan

Dullahan Fourth Year

GF actually expected you to kill/beat deoxys, not catch him, if what I have read is correct. I'm on my phone, so I don't really feel like copy/pasting the link, but serebii says that after you beat deoxys, he can be found at the top of the sky pillar. So you get a second chance to catch him, and can save/reload at your leisure.
    In other news, anyone want a goomie? I now have three boxes of them looking for a 6 perfect iv sap sipper goomie, 10 of which are 5 perfect. All modest.