1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Power is for the strong by Fortis - R -Harry/Multi

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Mrriddler, Feb 12, 2006.

1. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Title: Power is for the strong
    Author: Fortis
    Rating: M
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Drama
    Pairing: H/multi (Bella!!! OFC, eh maybe others)
    Summary: “There is neither good nor evil… only power and those to weak to seek it” Voldemort is a murderer. He killed my parents, and he tried to kill me. Professor Dumbledore says he’s evil. So that means he’s evil, right? Right!
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2562270/1/

Wow, I think this is what I would have wanted my story to be like if I cut down on the fluff. So if you liked the darker elements of my story, you should like this. Harry basically will kill and maim anyone if it serves his purpose. Pretty damn good vamp! Harry. Only problem is that Hermione and Ginny might be involved, but come on...Bella!!! Apprently Tonks with Remus....ah ba hambug...

Also you can see Harry has some serious beef with Dumbledore, which is portrayed quite nicely I think. Manipulative but not quite evil.

Read it now before ff.net axes it! :wink:

2. Element

Element Seventh Year

I think its great, even with the tiny/upcoming Hermione + Ginny additions. Pity it seems to be abandoned though, although the Authors profile says it isn't.
    I think Lucilia is a fantastic character, too.
    The whole Bella thing seems a little weird, and I don't think Vamps have been fully explained, but still.

Edit: expained, explained, whats the difference? :p

3. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

i dont know why but i just feel unclean after reading this. its a good story but somethings about it squicks me the wrong way, but thats just me

4. Zilly Sawdust

Zilly Sawdust High Inquisitor

Betting my money that as soon as FFn sees this it's off the site cause it sure as hell looks like NC-17 to me :p

Maybe the story's a lil' too chaotic for me, not much explanations, like Element so gracefully mentioned :D

5. Element

Element Seventh Year

*narrows eyes* :p. But hey, the story has on the run from the FF.net Police for over six months, I daresay it'll survive a little longer.
    Actually :idea: that'd make an amusing one-shot. Get a Harry from some well known fic, and put him in a Matrix-type situation. Agents are the FF.net Police and Harry is on the run. Throughout the story, he could see a Harry with a lightsaber (stained-future) getting killed by the FF.net Police and then he could meet a depressed Harry in a prison cell who's angsting that he's been taken away from Ginny (cracked reservoir - musings of apathy) and have other stories that have been deleted by FF. On a side-note, I have no idea where this came from..

Hey, always look on the bright side of a bad situation, right? :wink:

6. Dr_Jos

Dr_Jos First Year

I like this fic
    to bad he han't updated in a while

7. Vassago

Vassago First Year

Lovely story, just hope he will pick it up again

8. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I'd like to see that actually, I'd bet it'd become a classic humor fic pretty fast

9. Perfect Insanity

Perfect Insanity First Year

very very interesting although the whole aunt petunia haign sex with him after revealing that she was a hot vampire.... or vampyre sorry... just made me feel weird. also the SLIGHT underage sex insinuations made me slightly uncomfortable. other than that, i hope he updates soon.

10. raja

raja Fourth Year

Yeah, I found this story good, even if some of the ideas, like the whole Aunt Petunia thing were pretty strange. Also liking Hermione and Ginny brought it down, but it was pretty good overall.

11. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    I mainly liked how he explained enough to give a general dark/semi-nefarious feel fairly succinctly, but left enough open to personal interpretation. The character interactions were also very good.

As for the squeaky part...eh I'm perfectly willing to chuck it up to their non-human nature. The author's clear stance via the rape prevention scene and the whole spew in G12 pretty much eliminates what doubt I might have had.

12. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

LOL hahah sounds like a plan Element!

Anyway i found this fic was a bit to rushed for my liking but hey it was entertaining none the less, right amount of action and even some average writtin sex scenes.

13. Midknight

Decent fic, but with major problems.

-Go through it and get all the typos, and remove the A/n's. You do not need A/n's in the middle of damned paragraphs, it ruins immersion, and makes it seem like a chilidish attempt at a story.

-Harry keeps looking at Petunia, and seeing a different person at times, yet brushes this off. If I looked at my mom, and saw a stunning vampire, I'd freak the hell out, not act like I didn't care.

-The bit with the 12 year old girl is too much, it needs to drop the underaged sex undertone the two of them have. It was disturbing in Interview with a Vampire, way, way worse here.

-Not really clear on what's going on, I had to reread it a few times to get everything. Harry just starts getting fangs, envisioning deaths, etc, and just takes it all calmly.

There's more, but I'll leave it be

14. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I read it... It was ok... A bit too much on the smut without substance side.

And I would rather not read a Pedophile! Harry fic... I am sorry, but 12 years old? Maybe 100 years ago, but not today.

15. DarkPhoenix2500

DarkPhoenix2500 Second Year

Actually, He hasnt had Sex with the 12 year old if i remember correctly <_< Though he did say he would soon. And for the people who are complaining about Petunia, keep in mind, It isnt Petunia, Just a vampyr transfigured to look like her. I liked this story <_< Sent the author a email seeing when he would update @_@

16. Midknight

Nah, regardless of it being transfigured to look like her, it was still the vampire for all the time Harry'd been there. I could of easily shrugged off the sex aspect of it, if it wasn't so badly written when she starts changing and it barely gets a 3 sentence "oh there's a hot vampire lady I see sometimes instead of Aunt Petunia. Oh well, lets think about other stuff" sort of way

17. Nymph

Nymph Second Year

Well this story is... original, althought original isn't always the best.

The story has many unexplained plot holes, which should've been explained already. Harry is a vampire, Petunia is a vampire, and that 12-year-old is a vampire too apparently, what are the chances.

Anyways Harry lusting for Bellatrix is fine when it is explained and written well (which is not something this story has).

Harry's relationship with that 12-year-old is just plainly wrong... very wrong...

I"ll probably follow this story for a few more chapters but unless it improves there isn't much hope left for it.

18. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

I saw this story a long time ago and by the looks of it, it hasn't been updated since.

It's original yes, but I don't think it's a good thing in this case. The way the whole Petunia thing is handled makes Harry look stupid (even more stupid than in canon), I'm pretty sure that if someone kept changing in front of my eyes I'd start to worry about my sanity, not just ignore it. Harry changing into a vampire is handled equally as badly in my opinion.

It gets confusing in places. So much so that I had to go back and re-read things just to keep up with what was going on, and that's not something I like or am willing to do.

The idea of Harry having sex with a twelve-year-old is disgusting, no matter whether it's alluded to or is actually taking place. This alone would make me abandon the fic completely.

Add all that on top of the abundance of typos and the authors notes placed smack bang in the middle of chapters and it all started to grate on me. Authors notes in the middle of a chapter is one of the things I hate the most, it can completely ruin the immersion of the reader as previously pointed out by Midknight.

No, I think I'll pass on this one thank you.

19. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

This has also disappeared. Based on the comments that might not be too bad a thing.... Nevertheless there is still four chapters of it available in the DLP Archives for anyone whose morbid curiousity compels them...

--bornagainpenguin

20. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

Yep, been taken out by the ff.net nazis. Anyone feel up to linking it in the thread?