WIP Red Dragons Collide by Maglor819 - M - Merlin

Discussion in 'Television and Movies' started by Nerdman3000, May 11, 2013.

1. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Slug Club Member

Title: Red Dragons Collide
    Author: Maglor819
    Rating: M
    Category: Adventure/Romance
    Chapters: 10
    Words: 93,667
    Updated: March 8, 2013
    Published: March 17, 2013
    Summary: Uther has dreams about his past and reflects on the legacy he will leave Arthur. Revitalized by these memories the King begins a campaign to unite Albion under his rule and scour magic from the isles forever. Can a young Warlock prevent the storm, or will he and his friends perish in the coming conflict when the destinies of father, son and estranged daughter collide? AU from 2x4.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9111358/1/Red-Dragons-Collide

There are a lot of BBC Merlin fanfics on Fanfiction.net, but there are a lot of surprisingly good Merlin fics, most of them follow the same cliches. If anything, you can split each fic into four categories of Fanfics: Merlin's Magic get's revealed(A good example is the "Question of..." series by Alaia Skyhawk), FemMerlin(A popular example is "The Golden Effect" by KhaleesiStormborn), a pairing fic(Usually with Merlin/Morgana or Arthur/Gwen, or even the disgusting and hated Slash), and finally Others.

Red Dragons Collide follows the Other's category with the pairng category(Merlin/Morgana) added a an extra. This fic is one of the most enjoyable Merlin fics I've read, and is a Uther centric. It takes various pieces of the Arthurian mythology and adds it to expand the background of the story, and I felt it was very well done. This by far is my favorite interpretation of Uther out there.

The only problems or nitpicks I found is the occasional grammar mistake and some various moments where a scene or character POV changes with no page break. Other than that, this fanfic is excellent and I give it a 4.5/5.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013
  2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran Golden Patronus Admin

Some more feedback on this story from people who have read it would be much appreciated