1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RPG (role playing game) part 2

Discussion in 'Flash and Spam Games' started by princesspadfoot, Mar 14, 2006.

1. princesspadfoot

princesspadfoot Third Year

1.You can't be a major character from the books. <except for the existing accounts who livened up the last game, thanks guys>

2.You can't kill or injure another person's character, you can duel, but only they can determine whether or not they get hit. <deaths have to make sense. You can't run around killing everyone, nor seal them into a massive death chamber>

You don't have to re-introduce your character if you did it in the other RPG area.

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

-Something I loathed about the last one, which is why the stuff was allowed to continue,

A)Make it have a point. If you want to talk about riding brooms together, and you're not talking some weird fetish angle, then take it to PM's. Make it worth reading.

B)you don't get to ignore a previous post just because. You can offer differing viewpoints, or maybe slightly alter something if it's possible to realistically. I know Jas died so often I had to specifically edit stuff to make it still readable b/c you kept ignoring it. When that many people are attempting to kill you b/c you kept posting I think you'd of stepped back for a minute. The same reason everyone went after Spacks, lol. No damned nukes or rail guns or guns period. It's not canon, but make it at least similar.

C)A death is a death. You're not dead, then revived from cold as ice by tears. There will be alot of these I'm guessing, and they need to be worth reading. Any stupid posts that are pointless may be deleted. Once again the others showed you how to have a fun RPG with action and some intense moments, try to make it like you'd write a story, but not killing folks constantly, but always with a sense of threat.

3. Lord Voldemort

Lord Voldemort Forum Bastard

Lord Voldemort cackles and steals Midknight's cookies, gleefully skipping away.

4. princesspadfoot

The reason I kept ignoring the other posts was because they did it first. The rules said you couldn't be a major characer from the book. And what do you know? Here comes Severus Snape, Voldemort, and Harry. Why who is that? It's Lucius Malfoy and Albus Dumbledore! That's why I ignored everything. And ok, maybe the broomstick thinng was a bit boring, but couldn't you all have just said that?

edit:See what I mean! Voldemort just stole cookies! He's not supposed to be here!

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

While they ignored the major character part, it was justified. A RPG without at least one major character is boring. Look at the characters posted, you had basically sterotypical cliches all with a god complex. It's no way to do a RPG. My dhampir killed someone for sneaking out of a sealed, contained room. He drains their blood almost fully, but leaves them with a pulse. (note, I made him specifically to be a god complex killer)

Indo'ed been a good boy so I wrote it as he could come back as a vampire, or die. I gave him choices. Okay, Indo got smart and wrote the phoenix saved him, which works just fine, and he had the forethought to bring it around healing folks. Brilliant move.

I totally drained Rebecca for being outside and using guns, she came back as a gun toting not-a-ghost killing everyone.

EDIT: You can have my cookies, so long as I get Narcissa, Bella hurts. She thinks doing it brokeback mnt style means literally breaking your back.

6. Mr. Riddle...I believe we have talked about this habit of stealing you have. I hope you do not want to go to my office, for a lecture, do you?

7. Severus Snape

Severus Snape Squib

Twenty points from Gryffindor! Now, if you dunderheads are finished stealing and... for goodness sake Albus, inviting students for private lessons, I believe an RPG is waiting to be started.

8. princesspadfoot

Ok, ok. Dumbledore and Snape can stay. We do need main characters. And I did like Harry. I want that Harry Potter dude from the other thread. But NO killing everyone this time, ok? No killing at all. So now, I will start this off for everyone.

After Potions class was over, Jasmine made her way to the Great Hall for lunch. How she hated Potions class, those Slytherins did that to her potion on purpose.

9. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

Josh eat silently at Ravenclaw table. He just had tough double transfiguration with Huffelpuff and apreciated his food.
    He found that Transfiguration was the most challenging subject at this school. By the way something should be done about those History Lessons! Binn's lectures were not helping him to prepare to OWL's.
    Hogwarts needs changes and soon decided Josh after glaring at Snape, Binn's and a stupid Defence Teacher.
    Hmm maybe he should wrie a petition to Board of Governors.

10. princesspadfoot

Jasmine stomped into the Great Hall and over to the Gryffindor table. She sat away from the other people, she wasn't in the mood to talk. She was still mad. Those stupid Slytherin's, they destroyed her potion, but Snape took points from Gryffindor! She hated the way he always mocked her and called her names. She couldn't stand the greasy git.

11. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Piero began walking back up the steep embankment that formed the lake. He was going back to the surface after collecting the ink the squid oweed him and talking with some merpeople. He wondered what possible use he could find for 100 gallons of giant squid ink, and came to the conclusion that he could probably sell it on the Hogsmeade black market for a decent price.

As he entered the great hall he noticed a Gryffindor sitting away from her housemates, and decided to talk with her later... It would be an important alliance to have because he could use her to get access to their tower. He didn't know what he would do with said acess, but he didn't particularly care either.

12. princesspadfoot

Jasmine sighed and looked up at the enchanted ceiling. She couldn't wait for the holidays, so she could go home. She loved Hogwarts, she really did. But sometimes, peoples smiles just seemed so fake. Sometimes, she felt alone. Of course she got attention from the boys, but they only cared about how she looked. And she hated how rumors seemed to spread through the school. She knew the kids were always gossiping about her, and she didn't like it one bit.

13. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Piero walked past Jasmine and dropped a note next to her. He then continued on his way towards the Hufflepuff table, as he walked past the Slytherin table a scene was created when all the water in the non-pumking juice pitchers left them and made a beeline for Professor Severus Snape's greasy hair.

After running through the Professors hair for several minutes the water then floated in midwair forming the following words:

"Use Shampoo you Greasy Git."

Piero noted that everyone in the Great Hall was laughing.... Except for Professor Snape.

14. princesspadfoot

Jasmine looked up and saw what had happened to Snape. She burst out laughing, the look on his face was priceless, she'd remember that for a while.

She picked up the note that was dropped by her. She read it, and looked at the Hufflepuff table.

She shot Piero one of her dazzling smiles. That had certainly raised her spirits.

15. Akutenshi

Akutenshi Guest

Balnion turned from Slytherin table to see what had been written, and smiled just a bit. He didn't despise Snape that much, but it was the truth that he was a bit greasy. He also noticed that the girl that Snape had taken points, was laughing. "Crazy kids..." He muttered and he returned to facing his table

16. princesspadfoot

Hey, can you tell me what was in that note? Was it him telling Jasmine what he did, or was it something else? I'm not very good at guessing games, and I just thought I should ask.

17. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

American by birth, Southern by the grace of god (A
    Kali watched the professor get soaked in mild ammusment. I was funny, but a bit rash. She played with her food for a few minutes and walked to the Slytherin common room. Unfortunately, she was attacked by Peeves In the Entrance Hall.

18. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Piero wondered when Jasmine would follow the notes advice and go to the secret passage near the one eyed witch. He knew that if she did, she would find a copious quantity of squid ink to use to get vengeance on the inhabitants of her tower.

On his way to the Hufflepuff common room he saw a Slytherin being harrassed by Peeves. He wasn't one for house prejudice, but then again, he saw this Slytherin harrassing several of his yearmates. He decided to let Peeves have his fun.

19. princesspadfoot

Jasmine got up and followed the notes directions. As she walked along the passage she pulled her wand out just in case she had to use it. Finally she stopped and looked down. She picked up a bottle, and inside she saw squid ink. She smirked evilly, thinking about the trouble she could cause with it. She turned around and walked out of the tunnel. She felt like taking a walk around the school. She had the ink right in the pocket of her robes. She'd have to thank Piero when she saw him again.

20. Akutenshi

Akutenshi Guest

Balnion arose from his spot at the table, and decided to go to the common room. He had heard Peeves, long before he made it into the hall. He threw a peeble at Peeves, which went right through him. "Hey over here!" he called out to the ghost and the ghost focused on Balnion. Peeves came after him, and Balnion ran from him.