1. Hey Guest,

Are you handy with Photoshop? Do you feel the DLP Anakin logo is tired and old? Do you want to win a special as of yet undetermined prize? Join the DLP Banner Photoshop Competition! Fame, fortune, and the respect of your peers await those that enter. Sadness, despair, and a deep self-loathing await those that do not.

Enter the competition.
    Dismiss Notice

"RWBY" fanfiction

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Nemrut, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

I found that one to be pretty mediocre.

2. Brady Rider

Brady Rider Muggle

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11250544/1/XCOM-RWBY-Within

Here is one of my personal favorites. RWBY on a mission find a portal. Yang leaps into it because possibly her mom or something. Anyway the team find themselves in the XCOM base. And eventually join up to defeat the aliens so they can return to Remnant.

Now for some reason most people hate the main design choice for this story. It isn't explained extremely well in story but anyway Team RWBY can't fully focus their aura. No forcefield no semblance. (They are still extremely fit and heal quickly.) While on earth.

It adds a lot of tension and is way more interesting than RWBY curbstomping the alien invasion in a week.

The team learn how horrible war is and it has a very interesting sequel about when they return to Remnant and how they are changed from their adventure.

Everything flows nicely and the characters grow as the story progresses. And eventually team JNPR joins them on earth.

Oh and the XCOM portion is based off of the long war mod.

It certainly was a fun read. And the sequel is still being updated. So it isn't seemingly dead like most of my favorites.

Here is the sequel since I nearly forgot
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12063685/1/
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also how many of you know the story of Bloodborne?

How the Blood turned people to beasts and the kin being from the moon or something.

Is it just me or does that have a shit tonne of potential for RWBY crossovers? Hell, what if the first hunters were Bloodborne hunters. One of them fight the moonbeast. kill it. The moon explodes. Moon fragments crashing to earth creates dust. The hunters start to wield that and slowly stop the practice of the old blood and learn to manipulate aura instead. Faunus are birthed from people creating harmony with their beastly nature. Explaining the weird canon biology of two different breeds of Faunus getting a completely random breed of Faunus. The transforming weapons. It all sorta works really well. Grimm could be the shadow or influence left behind by the kin and the moon beast.

So maybe What would happen if Weiss gained insight. And started to see the kin? What is Ruby could gather blood echoes from Grimm? What if Blake could at any moment possibly lose herself and succumb to being a Grimm? What if Yang stumbled upon the hunters dream? What if Gerhmen was Ozpin or another professor? There are so many possibilities to be had. And it all kinda makes sense. I can't be the first person to watch RWBY while playing way too much Bloodborne can I?

Any way I hope somebody takes off with these ideas. Someone could make something truly great.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  3. Seyllian

Seyllian Professor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @Brady Rider when linking from mobile, delete the "m." part of the link so it directs to the main site.

4. Brady Rider

Brady Rider Muggle

--- Post automerged ---
    Thank you. I fixed it. I think.