1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Samurai Harry

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Naga's Shadow, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Naga's Shadow

Naga's Shadow Seventh Year

I'm not so much as looking for a story as posting an idea that I don't plan on writing anytime soon but would like to read. Though if you've seen a story like this, well that would be assume.

The premise is based around Cartoon Network's old show Samurai Jack. Harry, who's about to beat Voldemort is thrown way into the future. Voldemort takes over the world and is waiting for Harry when he shows up, but rather than just kill Harry he strips Harry of his magic and tosses him out to fend for himself in the mega cities of the future. So you have a Harry with no powers trying to stop Voldemort who is the undisputed ruler of the world. Again if someone has seen a story similar to that please let me know.

2. Harpy Prince

Harpy Prince Seventh Year

You know what? I'm going to do this. But it will not be a ronin dressed Harry like in SJ, he's going to be decked out in some kick ass shogun armor. He will possess a sword forged by Heaven's blacksmith's specifically crafted to send evil back to the deepest pits of hell.

Will the good sir be wanting a pairing?

3. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

You could also give him ninja skills and he should be able to do wandless magic which he calls "The Force". And since he is in the future lets give him a lightsaber (a dualedged one would be cool)!

Do I remind you of someone?

To the challenge:
    Could work, but you would have to spend a whole lot of time to just explain the future to the reader. Guess it depends on how far you throw him into the future.

4. Harpy Prince

Not to mention I have to figure out how Harry's going to get instant sword mastery, this'll be at the most 3 chapters long. This is not a challenge I want to take to novel legnth.

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Hm.

Let's see...

English kid, locked in a cupboard, going to private school in Scotland with no introduction to even Scottish swords...

What a katana!wielding badass Harry is. [​IMG]

/[​IMG]

6. Naga's Shadow

Naga's Shadow Seventh Year

You know when I said Samurai Harry it was just a play on words of Samurai Jack. If I were to actaully wrie this I'd have him either spend part of the story in a prison or atempting ot regain his magic.

7. Harpy Prince

So he'd be meditating for the entire fic trying to get his magic back? Or maybe in a prison doing pushups and planning the downfall of Voldemort, while every other chapter he meditates to get his magic back? No matter what you do with this I predict Harry meditating to get his magic back.