1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Sandman tv show?

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Shinysavage, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Possibly.

I'm sceptical, I'll admit, but if it's going to be done I guess a tv series is better...but I'm hoping nothing comes of this.

2. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

If any network, besides the like of HBO and Showtime, tries it will suck hard. It doesn't matter who is in charge of the project.

3. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

The CW has stated its interest in obtaining another DC property to replace Smallville. I guess this is it.

I haven't gotten around to reading the comic yet, but will be sure to do it soon.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  4. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This. I've read the comic and they're going to have to do something to handle Despairs character that will probably alienate somebody or another.

5. aaltwal

aaltwal Auror

Casting the Endless will be difficult, hopefully I'm wrong but I'm predicting that it's going to be a big disappointment. The visual effects alone would drain a studio's budget, unless they hire really good actors and decent writers that actually know about Gaiman's work.

I'd love to see who they plan for the cast of the Endless though, especially Death. They should have first produced a big budget movie of the Sandman, introducing the Endless and how they differ from the other gods, before heading into a TV series.

It would have attracted more attention, and a become a nice introduction for those not familiar with Gaiman's work, with the TV series continuing on from where the movie ended.

6. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I can't see it going well, which is disappointing because I fucking love Sandman.

7. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I agree. Not to mention it needs quite a big budged for showing the Dreaming or hell and I can't see CW giving so much money.

But the most important thing would be finding good actors and writer who understand what it is all about.

8. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

I think the key to keeping the budget in line would be animation. Live actors, green screens and the a team of cgi and regular artists.

But what do I know.