1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Smallville

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, May 6, 2005.

1. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

My prediction came true.

I'm annoyed really.

2. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Once again a reminder of why I stopped watching this show, aside from the mindwipe/time travel/dream sequence plot device you could see like a super nova at midnight at 10000 feet, the overall retard level of Clark skyrocketed to epic proportions. Linda's credibility had been shot to pieces, he was a national hero, all he had to do was take ten minutes to say "Hey this is Linda Lake, this bitch is a psycho who has already killed multiple people, don't believe a word that comes out of this skanks mouth" and problem averted. The only two redeeming points in the episode where Davis icing Linda with a pillow and Clark finally ditching Lois.

Im know Im probably in the minority on thinking this but it just seems to me that somewhere around Lois's 5th episode in the show Smallville ended and it became The Amazing Adventures of Lois Lane and the Superpowered Dumbass who wants to hump her.

3. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Bullshit. If you've been watching the past 8 seasons you should have noticed that it has always been about Lana :rolleyes:

I'm glad Lois is adding something different to the show.

4. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You are right in part but its the thing that Ive noticed which is the other half of why I stopped watching, any time a girl who isn't one of what I call "The Smallville Three" Lois, Lana or Chloe shows a romantic interest in Clark within 2-3 episodes shes either dead, crazy or crazy and trying to kill everyone around her and then dead. I actually liked Alicia Baker but they made her hit all three stages in about four I think. The kryptonian chick dead within a handful of episodes. Maxima didn't even get to the end of the episode before she turned out to be batshit nuts and theres probably a few others Im forgetting.

5. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

The power of Christ compels him not to tell you.
    This is what they've reduced Superman to. What. A. Tragedy.

I remember watching Smallville back when I was still a high schooler. The first couple seasons were fine, even fun in parts. But then things got weird and stupid.

I lament for what they've done to Superman. One of the most powerful entities on the DC Universe made into a soft puppy led around by his alien dingus by Kirsten Kreuk.

KHHHHHAAAAANNNNN!

6. e1

e1 Third Year

I lol'd.

That said, Smallville and I go way back. I remember watching the first season on DVD 4 years ago at my cousin's place and I distinctly recall begging him to lend me his boxed set. The first season was awesome -- young Clark Kent, still in the process of discovering his superpowers, free from the burden of being a superhero => lots of new & exciting possibilities.

But it started going downhill after season-4. The whole Clark love triangle thingy got ridiculously sappy and the writers seemed hell-bent on keeping Clark and Lana apart. The plot was barely progressing and the standard Clark-getting-lectured-by-his-surrogate-parents annoyed me to no end. And then Lois Lane came along -- Smallville's saving grace and the only reason I sat through season-5. It was around this time I really started hating Lana -- I remember skipping entire episodes to avoid the mushy ravings of that oriental bitch.

I never got around to starting season-6, opting to watch Prison Break instead. Other than the occasional advert, I was totally out of touch with the world of Smallville till last Christmas. School was out for the month and the third season of Dexter had just finished => I was bored out of my mind. So I turned to Smallville, choosing to skip two entire seasons to watch the latest episodes being aired.

Took me a couple of episodes to catch up and surprisingly, I enjoyed it a lot more than I had expected initially. No Lana. Little to no mention of Lex. More screentime for Erica Durance. But then again, not much has changed. Clark is still his old whiny alien self, brooding over his inability to save everyone, and having to rely on his friends to console his guilty conscience every now and then. The special-effects haven't improved either. You'd think they'd atleast try to make it look better with a bigger budget. Pfft. Lana made a reappearance a few episodes back -- made me want to strangle something. But it looks like she'll be gone for good now. Never thought I'd say this, but thank fucking god for kryptonite.

7. Rhapsody Belle

Rhapsody Belle Sixth Year

Somewhere in the middle of season 6, I started mentally replacing every instance of "my/your/Clark's secret" I heard with "my/your/Clark's penis". Childish, I know, but it greatly improved my enjoyment of the show.

This last episode... You know, I don't even remember Linda Lake, but she kinda looks like Tori Spelling, of whom I've never been a great fan. Not even in my 90210 days. Irritating little bitch, glad she got iced.

Let's face it, Clark's had some overblown, overexaggerated kneejerk reactions to a lot of the things happening in and around his aw-shucks home of Smallville. Telling the world about his penis... I mean, his secret... is just the latest in a long, sad line of dumbass, impulsive decisions. Using the deus ex to fix his little oopsie... well. It's about as contrived as a lot of Marvel/DC storylines tend to be, so why the hell not?

But for fuck's sake... did he really want to get away from Lois that badly that he couldn't even wait around to hear what she was going to tell him? I imagine the writers were all congratulating each other about us the viewers gasping and telling ourselves that we never saw that coming in a million years... But we did, so we just roll our eyes and wonder if there's a good show to replace Smallville in our own personal weekly lineups for next week.

8. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Hey guys, I have watched up to Season 8 episode 14 inclusive, but because I'm in the UK I have to resort to websites. Know any decent ones that show Episode 15?

Also On-Topic: Lex is obviously not dead.

9. e1

e1 Third Year

10. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Streaming is handy, and mega video seldom has buffering issues, it does however often have serious synchronization problems.

If you want to watch anything in good quality, or maybe you want to burn it to a DVD try ProjectW. Only downside is most of the stuff is hosted on raipidshare/megaupload.

Edit: Request by Nukular D:

Lana
    [​IMG]

Lois
    <REMOVED> -LR

Hot cousin Kara
    [​IMG]

And of course stripper Lois
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  11. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

This thread is useless without pictures of hot Smallville chicks.

/You know I'm right

12. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I love you Skykes. Also thanks for the links.

13. stickybynature

stickybynature Squib

I have watched this show for a while now, enjoyed the early seasons, though Pete is kind of like Ron, which is never a good trait in my mind.

There are so many ways in which show could have been better, mostly by making Clark less of a pussy and getting him over his obsession with Lana. Though I would prefer if she was retconned out entirely.

The show is going in a nice direction with Doomsday this season, though it is maybe too little too late for this show. It would have been much better if super villains had been like this from the start, with super powered villains being more complex/powerful. Rather than one hit wonders who then went away, to never been seen again, except maybe once to fill an episode.

Also im not sure I can stress this enough, NO MORE LANA. I was sick of her after season 1. Her reappearance in season 8 was purely to ruin the awesome Clark/Lois ship which is by far the best bit of the show. And im not entirely sure where the chinese comes from considering how her parents look in the pilot, mommy Lang was stepping out it seems.

Clark/Chloe friendship is a close second when it comes to better parts of the show, before Chloe got her crappy powers, they used to be pretty cool investigating and sneaking around, Chloe being the brains with Clark doing the heavy lifting.

One of the worse parts of the show is Kryptonite, this is so over used it is ridiculous, there are many ways they could limit Clark's power, him tiring and needing to rest and recharge in the sun? Or having more villains with super powers that affect him. But no whenever he finds someone doing something they shouldn't be doing, WHAM, oh btw didn't you know that there is all this meteor rock just lying on the floor, its a coincidence, promise.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  14. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Well I just watched the season finale, it was good. A few WTF moments but other than that it was excellent.

Lois and Tess fight was hawt!

15. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Coincidentally I too just saw, but I thought it was one of the most retarded season finales, I've ever witnessed. Maybe it's because Supernatural followed it, and that was awesome, but this just episode just blew.

There just wasn't anything worthwhile in this episode. And wtf is Zod doing in that stupid purple sphere?

16. Bucks

Bucks Headmaster DLP Supporter

Heh, finally finished watching all seasons of it a few days back. I liked it for the most part

Say what you want about Welling and Kreuk, but they really came into their roles as the series progressed. The whole Lana/Clark relationship was fun to watch till it got so damn repetitive. Personally, I liked the way the relationship ended when Lana ran away. I thought it was more tragic than the way they were forced leave each other with the whole kryptonite thing.

You know, the whole "time changes people" thing.

Allison Mack turned out to be great, even if a little overshadowed by Kreuk then later by Durance. Honestly, unlike Kreuk and Welling, she was great from the get go.

Lois Lane, was awesome from the moment she was introduced. The writers of Smallville did a better job than the writers from the movie to capture her character...way better. Awesome character that you can't help but like instantly and Durance played that role very well.

Yeah, I'm with the majority here, Smallville should have ended after Lex was a vessel for Zod. Not even the cool scene for the monster child that rips people's guts out could save it. Found myself using Wikipedia to see if I wanted to avoid some episodes where nothing happens.

It's meh, but all in all, I still say it is worth watching, if only because I'm holding out hope of Bruce Wayne and Wonder Woman being introduced. ;)

Maybe Season 9 can put some magic back into this series.

17. Bratling

Bratling Professor

I will probably be shot for saying this but.... Smallville has absolutely nothing to do with Superman aside from the character names. The premise of the series was flawed in the first place because it's set in Smallville! I mean, coming from a small town, I can tell you that nothing exciting ever happens, which is why an action series placed in one just doesn't work well. I gave up on Smallville years ago when they turned Clark into a juvenile delinquent.

18. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Bump. I'm only in Season 2, but its good stuff so far. I'm told post-Season 4 its not that good, but that sexy women will make up for it (so Blaise says). My quibbles:

Lana/Clark: Fuck you television writers. Fuck you. No one in the world is this fucking dumb and persistent. No one. "We're meant to be together". I just heard that from the latest episode I watched. It's pissing me off a lot. Add to that me liking Chloe's character a lot more than Lana's so far and the fact I think Clark/Chloe comes off a better relationship, I just have to say FU.

Jonathon/Lex: Jonathon, for the love of god, stop being such a dick. Seriously, be a little bit nicer to the guy, and maybe he won't eventually become an evil dude. Right now I'm rooting for Lex to beat the living shit out of the self-righteous older Kent, plus Clark. Lex clearly has his issues in investigating the Kents, but still...

Marth Kent: Read ahead she's having a miscarriage, which I think is a mistake. Introducing a baby had a decent bit of potential.

Pete Ross: Badly mishandled. He could have a lot of more to do with Clark and the meteor freaks.

Lionel: Epic mofo. Done well.

Chloe: Nothing to complain about so far.

The general story and plotline so far is great, but there's enough quibbles to lessen it from great to merely good. Still watching though.

19. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Prepare yourself, because Clark/Lana in many shapes and forms will be there for a really long time and it will be more and more annoying.

Lionel and Chloe are two of three best things in this show (third one being Michael Rosenbaum as Lex) and both were created specifically for it. Shame we will probably never see this interpretation of Luthor Senior in comics (Chloe appeared recently).

20. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Well, this can't be good for my heart.

Word. Lex, Lionel and Chloe are carrying this interpretation of the Superman origin story for me. Clark is all right, but a complete retard at times. Boy Scout Wonder indeed.

Also, I need to know: any good fanfiction out there? I'm willing to snitch on terrorists. :cool:

Edit: watching season 2 finale. So far, Clark Kent reminds me of Edward at times. And I mean that in the worst way possible.

Edit2: Clark, you fucking retard. You motherfucking retard. You just aborted your baby brother. Way to go. Couldn't you have done it in some goddamn random field?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011