1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

SuperMan Vs Goku

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Oujou Akaash, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Wow. This is... extremely geeky.

But whatever.

I hate Goku. Xiph can attest to that fact. Yet I still say that Goku would win simply because the only thing that can beat Goku is somebody stronger than him. On the other hand, anyone could beat Superman with some kryptonite.

And Goku would probably just find some new level of Super Saiyan if his current level wasn't strong enough, that's just how it worked at the end of DBZ. New villain? Not powerful enough? NEW LEVEL OF SSJ. What does Superman have?

Superman could move planets? Goku could probably easily move the planet if he tried. I mean, he blasted a huge frikken hole through the Kai planet.

2. digitalstorm

digitalstorm Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Yes he did blow a hole in the planet, but he did not do it with physical strength.

"Jens Gundlach and Stephen Merkowitz from the University of Washington have found that the Earth
    weighs in at 5.972 sextillion (5,972,000,000,000,000,000,000) metric tons." -From http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s122885.htm

Goku in his base from had trouble with 40 tons. Even as SS4 there is no way in hell Goku is going to be able to move a planet equal to the weight of Earth.

3. Khortez

Khortez Third Year

I think you are all missing the big picture here.

Remember back when Goku first turned super saiyan? Freeza destroyed the planet and they only had 5 minutes left until it blew up. Those five minutes stretched across 6-7 episodes. I don't think five minutes in comics have ever stretched that long. Therefore Goku wins.

4. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Trying to use logic is like telling the sayians to stop eating everything. Logic doesn't do shit. But Sree is right on one thing. Goku no matter how fucked up he is attains a new level. And is it just me or does Superman gets beat up from lex's technology more than physical strength of another character.

5. digitalstorm

Using logic is far better in a debate than just saying Goku will level up so high that even Superman can't beat him. Otherwise debates will never end because people can always say that Superman will live in the sun for 10 million years and come out infinitely stronger and crush Goku.

6. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

Does superman even fight with his fists much, every case I've seen its either a standoff where they pummel each other or he goes in for a one hit K.O. Goku on the other hand has hundreds of fights where he dodges and crap.

Also Superman actually has to hit Goku who can teleport and do so much long range crap.

7. Zyloch

Zyloch Fourth Year

I know little about actual statistics of both Superman and Goku, but I'd still like to say a few things.

That's irrelevant. For all we know, we can have a Harry Potter vs. Superman fight in which Harry might stand a chance with his magic.

Unfortunately, I don't know if Goku can hit Superman either. Long range attacks are always easier to dodge, and Goku has to eat a lot more than Superman does, so he can't last as long in a standoff like that.

Again, I really do not know any statistics regarding the two, but how much mass someone can move is only an indicator of physical strength, which isn't the only factor in such a fight.

8. Xenon

Xenon Professor

A New Challenger Appears!

Goku would win. Simply because Superman would have to fight him to kill him, which would make him stronger, and in the event of his death he would be re-incarnated after 50+ generic underworld episodes, after which the fight would resume ad infinitum until Goku killed Superman.

On a side note, Akuma could wreck both their shit. That is all.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  9. C.S.Kaniel

C.S.Kaniel Fourth Year

Uh, lol? I'd like to call bullshit on that Akuma comment. Placing anyone from the Street Fighter Universe against Goku or Superman is so ridiculous I almost lol'd.

They could hand him his ass so quick it would be no contest. Fighting style based on death blows aside, Superman and Goku could dance circles around him and dribble him like a basketball.

Even suggesting that is, like....Well, here are some examples.
    Voldemort VS Colin Creevey.

Gosenkugi VS Ranma Saotome.

The Box Ghost VS Vlad Plasmius.

I could go on for a long while, but you get the point.

....Wait, why am I even arguing this?!

10. Xenon

Xenon Professor

The Akuma comment was meant to achieve two things.

-To reference beyond a doubt the source I stole the joke from

and

-To point out my contempt for Vs threads

It seems I've failed it. ¯\(º_o)/¯

but since I'm obligated to reply;

Of course Superman/Goku could defeat Akuma in a brute force fight. But remember kids, It only takes once. Goku has a propensity to get slapped around because it makes him seem more manly. Logically, while taking such a manly and ungay hit, he would die via Shun Goku Satsu to the face. Of course, he would most likely be resurrected thanks to plot devices, but since Akuma is not immortal/revived every 12 episodes, he would die of old age, and inevitably Win.

Superman, as anyone over the age of five can point out, is weak against Kryptologist type Pokémon. Add in that Akuma "teleports" and he could conceivably score a lucky hit against Superman without cheating.

To conclude: Akuma is a pimp. Challenger fails. Please insert coins to continue.

On a side note, shouldn't these sorts of things go in the Games forum, or something?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  11. 007_rock

007_rock DA Member

People actually think Superman has a chance? Come on don't kid yourself.

Lets match the skills of the two.

Attack: Goku has infinitely more moves in a single fight than entire Superman series.

Flight/Getaway: Superman maybe faster than light, but he cannot teleport.

Strength: Napa is shown tearing aeroplanes, missiles etc like tissue paper. Superman staggers while hit by large metallic blocks.

Super-powers (attacking): Goku has more types of bombs/attacks than Superman. I have seen Superman doing that heat-ray from eyes only. He has anything else?

Weakness: Goku has never shown any, except his loved one.(but we know Superman being a good-guy wouldn't resort to that). Superman weakens before Kryptonite, high gravity and absence of sun (or presence of a red-star) Goku doesn't give a shit about any of these and he trained in 100G.

I know many of these things have been pointed out earlier, but seeing it all combined you still think Superman has a chance?

What you say guys?

12. digitalstorm

007_Rock your post makes me rofl.

http://forums.narutofan.com/showpost.php?p=9506117&postcount=24

That post has very good feats of Superman. Feats that overshadow anything Goku has ever done.

Teleport won't help Goku at all. First of all Goku needs to find the Ki of the person he wants to teleport to which takes him time. Also Goku has no chance of attacking Superman before he is speed blitzed to death.

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11px9.gif

Superman travels at thousands of times the speed of light. Which is far faster than Goku has ever traveled.

13. nick012000

nick012000 First Year

Superman can travel faster than a measly few thousand C. In one instance, while talking to Lois Lane, he "hears" a disaster occurring on a planet on the other side of the universe, flies there, saves the day, and gets back to Earth before Lois even realized he was missing.

I think that one was calced to being a few trillion C. Seriously, Superman can put up a decent fight against the bloody Shrike. The Shrike. Poor Goku barely stands a chance; if nothing else, Supes can go back in time and kill Goku as a kid.

14. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

Speed - See the thing is, when it comes to speed Goku has a restrictions of his speed because he can't breath in space. If you guys remember the episode when Gotenks discovered there new power (Buu Saga) by fusion, they traveled around the world like a kid running around a musical chair. I mean, come on, they have restrictions and for that they can't breath in space. But just imagine just for a second they can breath in space.

Superman doesn't have that kind of restrictions. Gotenks is weak compared to goku so just imagine Goku and Superman in a race without the restrictions of planets but in space. He will be able to match Superman in speed of light. I believe that.

Skills - When it comes to fighting ability, Goku can win. No contest. Why? Because he is a martial artist. Superman isn't. Without his powers he is a sitting duck waiting to get shot. Superman only knows strength. Goku can beat superman is skills alone. In every fight Superman is in, it's always brute strength. Just brawns and no brains.

Goku is a genius when it comes to battle and just like all battles you see on Dbz, there fights are goes from dodge, punch, dodge, evade, kick and everything else thats thrown at each other in such close proximity to each other in less that a second. Super man on the other hand....well, a punch. thats it. Goku would have punched him so many times superman would be in a daze before super can get another punch at him. Every episode you see superman punching, you can see the punch while in DBZ, all you see is blurs.

Power
    - His powers comes in different sizes and forms with different uses. Superman only has they eye laser. The eye laser is nothing more than a heat beam. Goku has powers that can easily counter that kind of laser.

I believe that Goku can beat superman without the restrictions of what superman has and what goku hasn't.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2007