1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TAKEN: The Movie

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by athousandyears, Feb 12, 2009.

1. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I had to wait for action way too long, and it was very fluffy at the end. Action, though, was amazing and seemed much more realistic than all combos done in other movies. And main character wasn't stupid enough to leave any enemies alive to attack him from behind later.

Shooting the guy with knife to hostages' neck? After watching Firefly it doesn't seem that impressive.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  2. Boo

Boo Auror

I have to agree. If i was Liam Neeson i would be saying
    -"I fucking told it was dangerous"
    I would be getting the final say in everything. No matter what it was.
    -"Wanna go to New York? Fuck no! Look what happened in Paris. You and your whore friend picked up a stranger at the airport."

Who shares a cab with a stranger?
    And he was leaving the airport too, how did he know that the cabs were expensive? Showing where you are staying, letting them know you are alone. Darwinism at its finest.

Great movie.
    Finally someone that doesnt put down the gun when a knife is at your kids throat.

3. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

Lol I'm watching it now, daughter just got dragged out from under the bed. Someone is going to die :D

4. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

Heh...DVDScr FTW!

Couple one with a nice 52 inch TV running XBMC off an old whitebox computer, homemade popcorn off the airpopper and some Goose Island beer and you're talking a nice night... Movie Theaters? What are those? :awesome

--bornagainpenguin

5. The Duke

The Duke Seventh Year

I know a cop who works with sexual slavery in real life. This guy has seen so much shit like the stuff in this film he's all fucked up, he's seriously suspicious of anyone and everyone who he hasn't personally vetted. It's probably a good thing given some of the non-secure stories he's told me. I just hope a few people realise that this shit isn't make believe, it actually does happen in Europe, the US, and Canada.

6. Big D on a Diet

Big D on a Diet Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Is it wrong that I was waiting for a message saying "The princess is in another castle!!!" right there at the end when he finds her?

BAP has a point about the last scene. You'd think you'd need a crowbar to get the daughter away from him after all that, but she just runs off to the cunt mother like nothing happened.

EDIT: I just went on wiki to find out how old Liam Neeson is (56 btw), and I found this.

Now all I can think about is Honest Abe running around France and killing people.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  7. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The movie wasn't that good. it was alright, good action, realistic, some really funny parts like where the guy get's slammed by the truck after jumping down. Shooting the guy through the porthole in the door, shooting the dude that had his daughter.

But the ending was fucking horrible, the whole movie was too predictable, generic gun fight where the couch stops the automatic bullets flying at you, jumps through glass windows/partitions without being skewed to fuck and back, high speed car crashes that don't turn the hero to mush, hero is super aware of his surroundings, yet get knocked out after leaving a room with a gun to the back of a bad guy's head, her has to escape and uses steam from the pipe's he's tied to, etc.

I'd of like it better if the dumb fucking daughter died and THEN he went batshit. The bit with him threatening the kidnapper, ripoff from Ransom. Shooting your friend's wife, ripoff of 24. They took what could of been THE awesome revenge movie, watered it down, redid shit from every other movie like this, and just failed to make a 10.

Decent movie, not good, not omfgwtfpwn.

8. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Recently his wife died due to a skiing accident.

But more importantly, did anyone notice the freakish way his daughter ran in the movie?

9. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

1. That was fucked up. She was still pretty attractive, as well.
    2. I did notice.

10. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I loved watching the girl run. That was her one and only redeeming attribute.
    I could spend hours just watching that girl run.

Its like watching a stork Chasing after a errant fish that has gotten away.
    It hilarious...

This movie was damn good, My only nit pick is that it ends too quickly I kinda wanted it to prolong a little bit more near the end. When he actually finds his daughter. I don't know how they would but it felt like they could have stretched out the last 20 minutess a good 10 or 15 minutes.

I did hate the Mother but that was expected. If anything It was obviously intentional so I could forgive the movie for making me hate her so much.

Would it have been nice if at the end The father Decks the mother when she gives him the Doe Eyes... Yeah. But Unfortunately it would have made it less realistic.

I'm just happy that this movie didn't cop out with the hero doing whatever it took.

No Mercy... Love it!

11. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

I enjoyed this film as well. Neeson probably reminded so many people of Bourne because they blatantly ripped off the "frenetic shaky camera" thing they do in Bourne fights.

Still, I'd summarise this film as "Liam Neeson goes to Europe, pulls out a list of all the nationalities living in Paris and murderously works his way down, starting with A for Albanians and getting towards F for French."

Seriously, he just kills everyone. He's makes Bond or Bauer look like pussies in comparison; how many times have they let the bad guy get away only to have them come back at the end of the series/film to have to fight them again? Neeson just says "Nope, fuck it, I'm just going to shoot you now."

Did anyone else find it hysterical that you identify the French copper because he's holding a baguette under his arm? Or wonder who's driving the boat in the final action scene?