1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

That Which Sleeps

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by IncoEnt, Oct 29, 2015.

1. IncoEnt

IncoEnt Squib

I didn't see this anywhere and I've been following this game for quite awhile, so I thought you guys might be a little interested in it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kingdinosaurgames/that-which-sleeps/description

That Which Sleeps is a turn-based strategy game where the player assumes the role of an ancient being who was sealed away in ages past but has now returned to reclaim dominion over the world. However, when you waken you are weak and must lurk in the shadows to avoid a return to your demonic slumber.

This is where That Which Sleeps deviates from the typical turn based strategy formula. Rather than directly affecting the world by building or training troops, you use your power to indirectly influence the world utilizing uniquely designed Agents who can infiltrate the nations of the world, terrorize outlying farms, and perform esoteric rituals to create the perfect situation for your return.

The player must balance an aggressive approach utilizing his considerable power and eager hordes with the need to remain unknown to the Champions and Heroes of the world. This allows for multiple play styles and various meaningful decision paths - all made more unique and re-playable due to the large cast of available agents and awakened demons aka "Ancient Evils". In addition, the world is customized at the beginning of the game as you explicitly lay out how you were sealed away, and what methods you used to manipulate the world in your slumber.

Essentially a villain simulator รก la Sauron or Cthulhu. Amazingly they also don't portray evil in a humorous light which is all the better, and scores major points from me.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015