1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Also you're missing Kai from my PoE, the post you're referring to is a "Kai, if you're town here, here's the rest of my PoE, work with it from there".

2. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I'm not sure what Beru's range is in expressing this kind of gamestate bitterness in a way that's not consistent with reality, but I think this is consistent with scum being POE'd out, yes.

3. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

This probably spews that Eido guy town, but he was always town anyways so whatever.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yes.

:v

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Vaimes
    [dead town]
    Newcomb
    Stanari

-
    Jarizok
    M Plus 7
    dLGN r Jan
    Citrus

-
    Eidolonic
    Nothing Happens
    Nego
    Regfan
    KaiDASH

[dead scum]

Meh, I've rewritten this post like fifty times and it keeps getting super long.

If you want details on specific reads, ask.

My spicy hottake is that one of Eido/Reg is scum unless both of their reads suck because of 1) font kill, and 2) Too Many Townreads syndrome. I think it's Reg.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, I dunno if Empoof being frustrated with Reg is necessarily indicative of unalignment, because Jurassic Mafia is still burned into my mind.

5. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    [​IMG]

6. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

YES.

I was cackling to myself as I made that post specifically because I knew what your reaction to it would be.

Sorry. Having a bit of fun as I trudge through the iso's. <3

7. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Empoof does a fair bit of trying to talk to Nego and such, but he keeps repeating this "where's the VCA" thing. Not partners because you don't know where your partner's posts are or what they say, and instead of asking them to link that post while you're interacting with them, you have to ask the thread at large? This situation came up in my champs game and it was w/v, but the person whose posts weren't close at hand wasn't literally posting in the thread at the same time.

8. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Shoo, get outta my head :V

[​IMG]

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Elaborating on this a bit while you two spam the thread :v

font kill is weird because she is a self-professed support player. She finds and works with the town leaders while not being one herself anymore. I kinda miss the old townleading font but growth and change etc. I think she's a super weird kill unless you have a strong PR read on her, which ??? she rolls Vig a lot so I guess if you wanna play the odds.

10. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Have already talked about this earlier and zero people commented on it.

Empoof hadn't flipped and mafia wouldn't have foreseen a vig shot happening on him there.

Eido/Newcomb were talking about/suggesting it being W/V at EOD, mafia keeping them alive hoping that they push Town!Empoof worlds and hunt on the Empoof wagon is something that makes a lot of sense. It also fits as a 'lets make people paranoid' type kill and a bunch of other things.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Citrus would have to be like, seven different flavors of ballsy to think that a townread from a dead font is the equivalent of an IC flip.

I'm rolling around Jan's Thing in my head where he called out beruru and tsaiah in a really lighthearted way and wonder if he'd actually do that as scum, name his entire team in a post for the lulz. Like I think that's an awful thing to do because you never know who will flip when, and it means he likely never ever endgames with a post like that, so ???

On the other hand, it's a super weird coincidence.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sounds like they should have killed you, then?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like yeah they didn't know a vig was in the game, and they want to potentially clear Empoof for being ruru's CW.

So...they don't take a free shot at the guy who's widely townread and pushing Empoof super hard with no mercy in sight?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like let's be real, if I had to choose between paranoia and shooting you, you'd have been dead N0.

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Uhhh, they probably think they can push me based on the "He was pushing the Cw to scum"?
    Duh?

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I just don't know how you can seriously think that I would make a ~paranoia~ shot when I tried that shit in TinyHunt and got fucking destroyed for being a dumbass.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah, because you're so much easier to lynch than to just snipe.

14. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

This ignores MP7 and Reg from Empoof's own reads. It's also not keyed very well to Citrus' reads either given fonti and Nego are different shades of green and Kai and I are both lemon. Empoof already had Reg as a wolf and MP7 around "dunno", so is MP7 the hiding name there?

Looking at 2300 and 2382 back to back is really funny because I'm not sure either Poof or Beru read me much in the end, but he leaves, they arrive and it's a thing both coordinate on wanting to do. It's not like my ISO is particularly long to get through.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Also, of the Big Three, Newcomb is the easiest to read, he's universally townread, and scum killed font over him.

If it's a contest of "who can't we mislynch," Newcomb wins by a mile.

16. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I think the NK angle Reg is pushing makes sense from certain scumteams.

[​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    That was slightly bigger than expected, sorry.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Also I'm surprised more people aren't poking at this particular bear:
    I feel like this is a really great scumpost to look at.

Like...who cares about their "1 in 2 and 2 in 1" post. Do people think they're defending all town in that group of four there? Is there scum in Citrus/Reg? Would beruru try and say "oh I think my scumbuddy x should be in your PoE"?
    --- Post automerged ---
    or well group of three, they're counting themselves, math is hard
    --- Post automerged ---
    I really, really hate ISOing on this forum, god.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That's probably part of the reason I procrastinate on rereading people :V
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay so I guess that's it?

Vote Kai

I don't really know where I want my vote. I both like Kai's Thing against Citrus and hate that he only really cranked it up after two scum died. Plus, I think Citrus being so sure of himself is towny, so...

Will probably vote Regfan, eventually, maybe, pending further discussion because I'm probably falling into a confbias.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeahhh, someone else evaluate Kai/ruru treatment of each other vs. Kai/Citrus because that's probably the biggest thing I'm struggling to put together.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyway I'm out, game is hard.

18. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    The most likely to be scum in the group of four is Kai and even then I'm pretty eh about it? And I don't think either Citrus or Reg are scum, lol. Trying to put Smiles in the POE is, eh, probably not-partnery in a vacuum, but I feel like it's kinda weaker than the other stuff.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What's Empoof's history with Beruru?

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Yo @dLGN where you at with those sweet sweet reads? You posted a bit then disappeared before getting to the meat of it?

20. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

In 2493 Beru talks about only having read 5 of Vaimes' posts which is really an awkward way to chunk or wolf read him here. It's easily the most overexplained/overqualified read and hey MP7 is also in this group.

I'd like to lol one single time for Empoof busing and following it up by talking about being bus averse.

Beru's talk about pocketing Citrus is pretty real.

Nego apparently moved up somewhere in Empoof's estimation because he suddenly starts not liking them in team considerations and puts MP7 in worlds instead. But then Poof gets into this weird mode where he's building worlds while still townreading people, so I think what we're seeing with him potentially townreading a lot of actual town is a Mislynch Escape Hatch here where he doesn't have enough confident scum.

Unvote
    Vote: M Plus 7

I think this is what the evidence is telling me right now. The character of yesterday meant Poof and Beru had to deal with each other very obviously but they never seemed to bring MP7 up as a potential wolf when they might have had license to do so.

@M Plus 7 , now that we've got the time to expand, would love to know where you're at and what these known wolf posts are telling you too.