1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Chalice of Souls by crystalheart81 - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Rain, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

Title:The Chalice of Souls
    Author: crystalheart81
    Rating: T
    Category: General/Action/Adventure
    Summary: Harry faces his grief and prepares to face the darkness ahead. He's lost all faith in Dumbledore to help him. Perhaps the key lies in the words of an enemy?

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2228640/8/

Apparently it hasn't been recieved well, as the small number of reviews it recieved implies, but it is written well and is interesting. It adds "spice" to this old plotline that never gets old. (a bit contradictory, there, isn't it?)

Or that might be the fact it doesn't concentrate fully on his training and has little romance involved that gives me that impression... (Hell, it might just be boredom speaking. It does tend to influence my impressions...)

Give it a try though. *blinks* Wow, I definitely didn't sound very encouraging... I'll try again...

The highlights is that it actually gives the characters good reasons for acting the way they do. It's really all in the character development. (which I find most stories sorely lacking of) The prologue is an excellent example. It's rare to find origional characters, or past scenes, developed so well! Makes it all even better that the origional characters don't play a huge part in the plot and we get to the 'Harry' side of the equation after that.

Ah, maybe I still didn't do a good job? *shrugs*

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

ill grudingly admit that it isnt bad... well.. not as bad as that HP/BZ you said was GREAT!... it could be executed better, but so could every other story out there...harry is only just slightly OoC and dumbledore comes off as simply manipulative rather than manipulative evil fuckhead cocksucker and what not... the part that irked me the most was draco... he was... too much like the pussy in Half baked plot...

overall id say its good enough for a passing glance, but nothing id realy go for an indepth read on...

3. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

I thought I wrote I was horrified I'd ever touched that HP/BZ fiction? I only thought it was 'GREAT' at the time because I was bored as hell and anything would seem 'Great'.

The story is a bit more 'normal' with its plotline, but I think I thought it was so good because I've read so many stories that had insane, unbelievable plotlines a simple believable one surpirses me.

No matter. I still liked it. *shrugs*

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

But Draco acting as a pussy is in character, Vash. That's good if he's in character, isnt it? Meh. I'll read it soon and get back to ya on it.

5. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

Looks like this too is gone, deleted by the author. Luckily (?) I have a copy in the DLP.net archive in minimal template style.

--bornagainpenguin

6. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

yay, you necro'd the post for that?

7. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

This is getting really old dude, it's been explained to you that he is the master archiver, just let it go.

8. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

soz, thats an old post, I havent continued, I stopped as soon as I found out and appologized to him and teh mods.

9. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Library posts are exempt from the necro post rule.

10. Sal Paradise

Sal Paradise Fifth Year

Question - is this archive still up, and if it is, how do access it?

(Also, why is this in the library with one star? :confused:)