1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Games that Gods Play - M - WonderWoman

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by My.pie, May 2, 2009.

1. My.pie

My.pie First Year

Title: The Games the Gods Play
    Author:Ristul
    Rating: M
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Fantasy
    Chapters: 44
    Published: March 24, 2004
    Updated: November 26, 2005

Summary:Beyond the barrel of his gun and the blade of his sword, can one man find peace? Or will his cursed past destroy him and those around him?

Link: http://comics.adultfanfiction.net/story.php?no=22890

How to achieve the perfect killer? Simple. Take a pool of children, minimum 100, or use a larger initial population for better results. Put them through the most severe brainwashing and training imaginable. Weed out the weak at every opportunity. Make them compete against one another. Kill the losers. Put them through all sorts of trials to weed out love and other such silly sentiments. By the end of it all, have only one child left standing. That’s your perfect killer, right there.

-Doctor Mengele Gross

This is one of the best fics i have ever read. The main character is OC, however the character is written extreamly well (Badass among the Badass) and the story is very enjoyable. I highly reccomend it...sides, we get to see Wonder Woman...well, i don't want to spoil it for you. Enjoy!

Checked by Minion, February 15, 2015
    If you think this story is complete rather than abandoned, please inform the library staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
  2. meatzman2

meatzman2 Backtraced

I have made this mistake myself a few times, this should be posted in the For Review sections of the Other Fandoms subforum rather than straight into here. Once it has accumulated enough reviews it will either be deleted or put into a forum by one of the forum moderators dependent on its popularity.

As to the fic, it seems to be alright but I've gotten to this line

Given that it's posted on AFF.net that makes me really, really skeptical that this could be any good. Anywho will read on.

[Edit] The quasi-intellectual conservative motif they have the protagonist on is fucking irritating. Plus, cliche of all cliches there's a prophecy *facepalm*. It's not a terrible story, I'm six chapters in though and I'm going to stop. The Wonder Woman fandom (which I've never heard of before) is not one I'm sufficiently interested in to make me keep reading and the fic isn't good enough on its own merits to keep me reading it as an original fic.

If you gave a shit about Marvel or DC or whichever one of those WW belongs to then you might enjoy this. The writing is a bit bland and dry but tolerable, the scenes that make it an AFF.net fic are pretty average as well. 3/5 The whole fic is pretty much average in my view, it's not bad I'll give it that.

Last edited: May 2, 2009