1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Happy Red Prince by LT2000 - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by LT2000, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

I like dakaath better than this because dakaath featured an evil!harry. I'd just like to see it finished and see what happens during the end... As for HRP, it wasn't able to hook me in as well as dakaath did. Maybe i'm just tired of all the harry goes back to first year story in an AU but meh... Anyways, i just found the recent chapter to be an OK one. Not really interesting for me since the tempo was really slow...

I liked his interaction with Cho even though i found it a bit dragging at times. And the twist with Christine was really surprising.

2. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Daakath isn't as good simply because harry isn't really human. That claw arm and those wings just don't do it for me. HPRP would be better, i feel, if it didn't start right in first year but in maybe third or fourth, i just hated the plots of the first two books and don't like harry to be that young and immature..

3. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I would rather be writing fourth year, but it just kills things to say 'oh btw Harry's in Ravenclaw and rich and doesn't like the Weasleys and is best buds with Malfoy and dresses like Lockhart' and not have the setup for it. No matter how great the house, it will invariably falter if built upon a shaky foundation.

4. sirius009

Yea, thats true, i admire your foresight but after HRP you have to go through year 2 and 3 and so on..

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

No...this first year is setup. I'm skipping to fourth once I finish first.

6. sirius009

Oh okay, good, i was going to say that writing all seven years would take forever..

7. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I just had a thought. What if Harry got the PHilospher's stone, but sold it to the goblins later? I don't know. I just think that giving Harry the stone may be giving him too much power.

8. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I have it planned out, don't worry. I don't set something in motion without knowing how I plan to conclude it.

9. Promios

Promios Fourth Year

Wow, love his arrogant style :)
    One of my favourite first year AU's. I've already added it to my FFN list.
    When can we expect an update?

10. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I just re-read this.

Draco's really a bigot in this story. Why does Harry hang out with him if he loves CHo? I mean, I know Harry needs Draco, and admires Lucius, but REALLY?

(p.s. When are we gonna get some Dumbledore making overtures to Harry? I can't believe he's let Harry have weekly lessons with Lucius without trying some method of also ingratiating the "Light" into this prodigy)

UPDATE SOON!!! :D :D :D

11. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

He doesn't need Draco, and there's a confrontation coming at some point over his racism. Harry just hasn't gotten pissed off by it enough to really blow up at him, all things considered. He doesn't like it, but he's willing to at least tolerate it as long as he doesn't say anything to her face. You'll see more Albus in the next chapter, but I'm not hugely into Manipulative!Dumbledore.

12. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I'm not either (at least lately, the character has begun to get stale with me, with his constant cliches that are indentical to every other manipulative Dumbles). This just seems foolish. If I suspected that someone was a KILLER, and I KNEW that he was developing a close relationship with someone who I NEED to be on the light's side, then it would be foolish of me to allow it to occur like Albus has with Lucius. This isn't manipulative; ITS REASONABLE! Through inaction, Albus has allowed Lucius to become Harry's largest adult-male influence. And Harry never had ANY adult males around in your story. In fact, one could argue that Harry has begun to look to Lucius as a surrogate father (Harry emulating his cane, his style, listening to Lucius's requests, etc.)

That's why I thought Harry needs Lucius. Not financially, but emotionally. Lucius has begun to define and embody what it means to be a sophisticated male wizard for Harry (although I see you are going to introduce some other influences as well, which will be good.)

Anyway, the fact that Albus has allowed this all to occur right under his nose is in excusable, and borderline negligent. Obviously Albus can't stop Lucius (Malfoy is a member of the governor's board afterall), but he CAN introduce other ideas to Harry. Perhaps meet with the kid, and ask how he's adjusting.

Its one thing to turn a blind-eye, but the way Albus is behaving, he might as well have poked his eyes out with a stick.

13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Albus is watching from the shadows, make no mistake. He knows he can't meddle too actively or lose any trust that Harry might have in him (Harry is cordial with him at the moment, but all his grandmother's indoctrination not to trust Dumbledore hasn't been forgotten). Right now he seems content to stay away as long as Lucius isn't indoctrinating Harry, and Malfoy Senior is cunning enough not to try to do so obviously. Dumbledore believes that Harry can't be swayed to the dark and that he's too thick with Muggles to fall in with Lucius's ideals (which is a bit negligent and naive, but Dumbledore has always been a little too idealistic for his own good in my opinion). If Harry started calling people Mudbloods and using Dark Arts, then he would step in directly. Right now he doesn't see that much to be worried about, and perhaps that being associated with Harry Potter will pull Lucius back towards the center a little and stop him from supporting Voldemort when he inevitably returns.

14. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Good stuff. I just wish some of it happend on stage (i.e. in the story).

YOur explanation is reasonable and good. I guess some of this stuff will come to light when Lucius and Albus face-off.

Please don't include Tonks in that discussion. She JUST graduated from Hogwarts (she graduated with Charlie Weasley a year earlier, as I mentioned before, so Harry never knew her) and I feel like she'd just be a distraction.

P.S. when CAN we expect that confrontation anyway? :D :D :D

15. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

When is your update coming?

Also, is Albus aware of Lucius's influence on Harry? He must be.

Why hasn't he done anything? Man, I REALLY want to read that conversation between Lucius and Albus.

16. Teal_Thanatos

Teal_Thanatos First Year

I really enjoy this story, sure, harry's a flake, but he's an -original- flake. None of the cliche stuff from other stories such as Dakaath (which is so cliche its boring).

17. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

WHAT are you fuckin insane ???????????????

Dakaath is not cliche....period

innovative,creative,original...yes...but not cliche

18. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Back on topic!

This story is great. I hope it gets updated soon.

The other thing is that it REALLY should be moved to the AU section. That's the main reason I posted actually. Well, to also encourage an update, but I don't know when we can expect that. So in the meantime, let's just put in its proper section ;)

19. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

True, it's AU and Heritage, shame yah haven't been writing Hp lately Sera, these are some of the best.

20. razz

razz Seventh Year

I just finished reading this - LOVED it. I never read that much of PoD, I really like this one much better. I hope there's an update soonish ...