1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Secret Diary of Fleur Delacour, aged 16 34 by fledge - K

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Hadoren, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Ginny Weasley

Ginny Weasley Backtraced

It didn't show up for me.... I'm sorry... but im sure that its GREAT!!! Writing shows up differently to people, depending on their taste or their love of words. So to some it may be bland and boring, slow and terrible. But to some it may be strong and meaningful, loving and chocked full of heart.

( I have a question... if you want to post a little story segment here do you have to have the Rating, Genre, DLP cATEGORY, pAIRING, adn Link??? )

2. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    In the unlikely event that this isn't a troll (sorry, but with that username it's a natural assumption), I'll answer as if you were serious:

If it's your own story snippet, I recommend you use Work By Author and repost the snippet there. You'll get "no punches pulled" feedback on the work and as long as it's not an apparent troll, you should get constructive criticism on what was good and what wasn't.

If it's not your own story, take a peek at the Library. Don't put a "For Review" post up unless you think it has at least a 20% chance of getting in, using those stories as a measure of quality; even then, unless it's complete, don't bother if the story is fewer than at least three or so chapters. (There's no sense wasting people's time).

3. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Just checked this story out again, was rereading old ones, and was extremely dissapointed.

While unique in the fact that it's written from Fleurs point of view in a diary format it lacks in execution and quality.

Even though I'm an avid HP/FD fanboy, this does not suffice. Doesn't deserve to be in the library in my opinion. The Recycling Bin perhaps.

3/5

4. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

Well it's around 3 years old, can't all be winners.

5. Johnny Farrar

Johnny Farrar High Inquisitor

I gave this story a try and frankly it bored me. There was nothing in it that I liked. Writing was very simplistic and average. Characterisation was bad. Harry was totally one-dimensional and there was hardly any depth to Fleur's character.

The intention was to deliberate on the fledgling relationship between Harry and Fleur and to show the thoughts of Fleur as the relationship progressed. It failed in that regard. The story didn't even capitalise on the events of the Tri-wizard all that well and frankly I was bored from reading the same thing all over again. If you're writing the Tri-wizard tournament then create your own stuff, show some AU, but no everything just about remains the same.

I'd give this 2/5.