1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Stranger Trilogy by serpant sorcerer - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Styx

Styx Third Year

As everyone is pointing out all of Harrys mistakes in this fic they tend to forget that he paid dearly for each one of them. As this is the first book in a trilogy, I think its meant to teach Harry that the Light side is doomed to fail. Here Harry makes hes trademark idiotic mistakes and people die, Harry refuses to kill Death Eaters and people die, Harry does nothing and people still die. The way im figuring this Harry will be completely disillusioned by the end of the first book and ready to kill, maim and otherwise hurt Death Eaters.:)

2. Liseli

Liseli Guest

I've been following this one forever, but it's been so long since the last update that I can't remember what happened in that chapter. Harry goes in and out of character though (and yes, I know that sometimes it is for a reason).

One part that stands out in my mind was the whole protest in Hogsmead. That was really a wtf moment. I mean a peaceful protest, really? You know it won't end up that way and besides, what would it change? I dunno, maybe I remember it incorrectly.

Voldemort really is brilliant, I must say. Apart from him, the only thing that keeps me reading this fic is that I can't wait to see what happened to the evil Harry. I hope he ended up in CannonHarry's world; that could make things interesting. I think he may be the subject of the second story.

3. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Finally an update, though it just builds up all the tension and leaves you wanting more. Still, I'm dying to see what Voldemort has in store for his inauguration.

He's splitting this chapter up, so this update is probably barely 23,000 words.

And in case you didn't know, the last three chapters have only been posted on the yahoogroup. Jono hasn't put up a chapter on fanfiction.net since January, nor schnoogle since May of last year.

The teaser for the second half of "Who Dares Wins" is pretty evil.

4. Dondada

Dondada Squib

Chapter 16 is finally up on his yahoo group page. I haven't gotten around to reading it, but I took a peak and, phew, its one hell of a mammoth. Nice way to start the year eh?

5. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Well, awesome update certainly, enjoyed it. However, Harry saying to Voldemort "You are under arrest" is certainly on the list of the most stupidest things said by Harry. It was funny :-/

6. Brooklynight

Brooklynight Seventh Year

Well that was one hell of an update. I agree the part about arresting Voldemort was funny. The SAS and SBS parts could have been a bit better written. There were parts where they werent' as professional as I would have imagined them being.

The large gaps in between this fucs updates can get frustrating but its still one of the best out there.

7. Sinya

Sinya Guest

We are doomed. This is one of the greatest fics, that I ever read, but updating... Sometimes I think that killing myself is not such bad thing.:wall:

8. nonjon

Yeesh. Some people sound so entitled to regular timely updates. If anything it's your own fault for reading an unfinished work, not the author's for failing to use his free time to meet up with your demands.

That said, if anyone's waiting on it, the first fic in this trilogy has been completed. Epilogue for A Stranger in an Unholy Land has gone up on his yahoogroup.

And you even get a little teaser for the second fic in the trilogy, A Stranger in the Promised Land.

Nice little wrap up. Re-read the Harry/Voldie battle in the previous chapter. That's a pretty dern good one. Such a brilliant crafty Voldemort here, it's a little sad to see him beaten, but still.

Excellent fic. Big chapters. And the next fic starts with a not completely new twist, but certainly one with potential.

9. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

One fine day I might gather enough mental fortitude to finish this fic without spontaneously combusting at some of this Harry's 'brighter' ideas. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

10. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Interesting, who is the Dark Lord in the part II? :)

11. cmuylistoooo

cmuylistoooo Fourth Year

not mentioned yet, but the headmaster of hogwarts is tom m. riddle.

12. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

Bueatiful ending for a fic, but I'm slightly worried about how he is going to pull off Riddle. I mean, essentially he is creating an OC and putting him in as Riddle from the sound of it; the Tom we here at DLP know and love would never fight for the light, so I am very curious about how he is going to make him seem real instead of a Dumbledore-clone or whatnot.

The other thing that really interests me is this mention of another marked by the AK's lightening bolt: Is Jono going for a romantic partner here, or is she (yes, SHE) merely going to be a traveling companion/apprentice?

SIAUL was a long and satisfying work, but I am skeptical about this new SIAPL... I think I'll take the wait-and-see approach.

Yojo

13. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

"she"...?

How did you conclude that?

14. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Jono is a guy, trust me.

15. nonjon

Err... I think yojorocks was saying this 'other' marked person will be a "she," not that Jono is a she.

And I was more scared Jono would go and make someone like Malfoy the so-called chosen one. But I think yojo's right, considering the front picture for the sequel has Kirsten Dunst with a lightning shaped scar? Maybe Rose? I think Ginny would be infinitely uninteresting, but it looks like a 'she.'

The banner I was referring to is here: http://www.geocities.com/serpant_sorcerer/PromisedBanner.jpg

16. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Ok, I didn't inspect the banner this closely. ;)

17. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

My vote is Lovegood, I dunno why, it just is.

18. nonjon

The first chapter of the sequel was posted on the yahoogroup. I'm a little hesitant after it because I hate Harry trying to "hide his abilities" and his frustrations/angsting over the situation are... well, completely predictable and uninteresting. Within reason too, it's just the last chapter of the previous fic and the defeating of Voldemort has us still on this emotional high cheering on the occasionally badass hero. Instead we're back at square 1-B with a whiny secretive Harry coping in a new dimension.

Even still, I'm looking forward to more of this.

And we do get to find out who the "Girl-Who-Lived" is in this one. I doubt it's who you expect but I think it's an excellent choice.

Then again, I also know who the Dark Lord in this dimension is and I think that's also an interesting choice with potential.

19. Palver

Palver High Inquisitor

Well, Harry was a bit whiny at the beginning, but then who in his situation wouldn't? And he regained his optimism at the end.

The GWL surprised me, and I confess, I'm a bit dissapointed - I was hoping for Slytherin girl (different Dark Lord, different ideology and different enemies), but alas.

It also seems from the limited information in this chapter, that Dark Lord is a Voldemort clone or something - Identical Death Eaters, similiar actions. Strange. Looking forward for update.

20. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Chief Warlock

This could be really interesting. I personally am very interested in hearing who the dark lord is, because remember, Tom said that Dumbledore died 50 years ago or something right? So, does that mean Grindlewald was never defeated?