1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Hope everyone saw the episode before reading this...

2. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

its shit like this dethcock

3. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter DA Member

I just saw the third episode of season 2.

I fucking hate Shane now. That guy is a traitor and needs to die in a non noble death, painfully.

4. Tyler

Tyler First Year

Absolutely in love with this series. This is the last time I visit this thread, because the UK seems to be a couple of series behind the US :/

Nevertheless, the end to episode 2 of season 2 was annoying!

5. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Well I'm fucking loving the season, pace and all. Zombie apocalypse fanboying must be shining through. Tonight's episode was just great character stuff, darkly epic and all that fun. And also, we're getting a season three! So yeah, I'm set.

6. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The wife as well, it doesn't matter if she thought Rick was dead, you don't start boning his best friend barely weeks after that unless you've been thinking about it for a long damn time before Rick "died."

7. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Having just acquired #1-#88 of the comic series and being on #67 I can say without a doubt that it is a must read for any fan of the genre.

Like seriously acquire this shit right this fucking instant. The plotline is totally fearless and at times heart wrenchingly sad as well as insanely epic.

DLP READ THE COMICS I CANNOT RECOMMEND HIGH ENOUGH.
    The red truth for emphasis.

8. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

I don't see your point. Her husband was dead, the world was falling apart, she had to rely on his friend to guide her through it. Of all the people she was with he was probably the only one she knew and trusted from before. And to be fair to him, despite his single lapse he took care of them quite well it seems. I don't see why it's odd that she would develop feelings for him. And even if she was thinking about boning him during the marriage she didn't. I find that whole "wait a respectable period of time" shit bullshit on a good day because it's just a pointless affectation, and that's on a good day when no fucking flesh-eating zombies (that have already destroyed civilization as far as we can tell) are trying to munch on me and my family and my life expectancy hadn't taken a dive out of the window.

Also, how long was he in a coma before the attack?

Don't get me wrong, I dislike her, but my dislike has to do more with her whole "I'm gonna stand by my husband's decision even if it gets us all killed." position when he suggested the CDC.

But tbh the person I dislike the most for some reason is the old man, he was a total dick in the premiere and I still haven't gotten over it.

MEh, as stories go it's pretty good. I used to dislike it but I realised I was being unfair. I expected it to defy a lot of the cliches inherent in the zombie genre when it never set out to do that at all (and one good argue that those cliches are what makes the genre work). Taken on it's own it's a good story.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  9. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

You weren't supposed to see this.

10. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Awesome episode.

We've all wanted to shoot Darryl :awesome

That line was just hilarious because of all the cast, Darryl is perhaps the most likeable, especially considering his family. He's just practical enough to be sensible - and to be ignore- without being a budding sociopath like Shane.

But I liked Shane this episode, especially with the camaraderie between him and Rick and the talk of old high school girlfriends.

Also what possible justification could there be for that final scene? Can you eat zombie meat in this verse? Because otherwise, it's just creepy.

Unless of course, the old man locked a bunch of infected/soon-to-be-infected people in there and let them turn but was too chickenshit to finish the job, which would explain why he wants everyone gone.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  11. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Hoping for a cure. Also, he's religious, so he still sees them as people.

12. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I thought this was obvious because of Rick's and the old man's earlier discussion about a cure.

13. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

You guys are probably right but it would have been way too awesome if,

Don't like someone? Why waste ammo?

THROW 'EM IN THE BARN.

14. samkar

samkar Temporarily Banhammered

I somehow disagree because this episode had so many redundant elements which happened before. Somebody got shot at *again*. Somebody got hurt seriously *again* so he needs medical attention *again*. IMHO that shows a lack of creativity.

I really get the impression they 2nd season gets nowhere at the moment. Sure, the end rises a few questions which will hopefully explain the really strange behavior of the animal doctor. But we're at episode 5 now and I see no planning at all. In the 1st season they had at least goals they wanted to accomplish.

If you didn't know but they fired the creator of the show after season 1 because he didn't accept the budget cuts. You notice that with the simple scenes compared to the first season and the quality of some of the close zombies/corpses makeup/effects shots.

15. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

I find it odd that it never occurred to me that he could be waiting for a cure, I told myself the characters don't have the knowledge of zombies we do so they don't know there never is a cure.

But that still doesn't stop him from being an idiot, when somebody starts rotting, it's game over. I still dislike that scene with Rick because he could have just come out and told him what happened at the CDC, I guess he was keeping hope alive.

Samkar: Do you mean in planning in terms of the characters or the writers? As for people getting hurt yes, I didn't mind as much, except the Darryl-in-the-woods shit, completely pointless. But yeah, they needed to start increasing the tension, hence the cliffhanger.

16. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I really want this season to end with the girl just walking into camp covered in the blood of the dozen or so walkers she's killed with a smile on her face.

A whole season of this is annoying the shit out of me. Oh, and what's with all the walkers appearing out of no where moving an inch a minute one second, and then running 15 mile an hour the next?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  17. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

I'm really hoping they don't find her, just to increase tension. That's how stuff works in the real world, shit happens, and sometimes you never find out what happened and get closure.

Also the tension between Rick and Shane is interesting to watch. Hell the best part-or most infuriating, depends- of all these apocalyptic stories is the battle between pragmatism and morality and empathy.

So... let them fight over it.

As for the zombies... different level of decomp and muscle degeneration, running shouldn't be a problem since by now they should all be pretty fucking rotten.

EDIT: They just did it again.Why the fuck can't anyone open their fucking mouths and fucking tell the old man what happened in Atlanta, not allude, fucking tell him that they saw proof that walkers were no longer human. What do they have to lose?

Also can that Laurie bitch grow some nuts and abort the baby already. Or keep it. Anything to end this constant angst, Shane going evil is far more interesting.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  18. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Well, latest episode certainly resolved one of the plot lines.

19. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter DA Member

Yeah, it really veers from the comics.

I am disappoint.

20. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Fucking epic. Those last five minutes were just beyond perfect. I'm such a hopeless fanboy I've got nothing to bitch about, because just damn.