1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Link Therein Needed by LoneNight - M - HP/Multi?

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Zulu, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Zulu

Zulu Guest

Title: Therein Needed
    Author: LoneNight
    Rating: M
    Genre: Romance/General
    DLP Category: Romance
    Pairing: Harry/Multi? (the author is doing a poll but it can be H/F/Gab/Padma/LL/Hr)
    Status: Work in Progress (just recently started and has already churned up some decent sized chapters...hopefully that'll continue)
    Summary: Harry thought the toughest struggle of his life ended with the defeat of Voldermort. Now with sexy veela, a crushing twin, girlfriends not justfriends and a jealous 4 yr old around, he realizes The Final Battle has yet to truly begin. HarryMulti?

FF.net link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3707699/1/Therein_Needed

I came across this story in a message from the CaerAzkaban group and decided to check it out. From what I have seen so far this story holds a lot of potential.
    For the good points, the writing style flows really well for me with hardly any mistakes in grammar or spelling although in some places he can get a little wordy. However where I believe this author really shines is through the interactions and the inner monologue of the main characters. I especially enjoyed the witty and comical remarks made by Harry. Although it hasn't gotten very far plot-wise, the rate the chapters turns out and how well they are written for such a short time has kept me interested.
    On the flipside, as stated he gets a little wordy and describes things more than needed so I tend to skim those parts. I also find some points in the story reminiscent of other works I have read in the past but on the author's side he did state that some of his writing was inspired by them as well.
    Although not a sticking point, the fic is listed as a romance but besides a memorable part where Luna flashed her bits to Harry and where the author describes the wonderful assets of Harry's female friends, there has not been much action on that front (however this could be explained by the fic just getting started and you do get some hints later on in the fic). Here's to hoping it comes soon.
    Overall I recommend reading this when you are bored and just need something "lite" to pass the time. I'll hold off rating it until it gets a little further in.

Edit by Minion, Dec. 9, 2012
    Dead link is dead. If you know where to find another copy of the story, please inform the library staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012
  2. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Meh. I couldn't really get into the flow. And Harry's comments can hardly be considered witty or even humorous. As much as I enjoy Harry/Multi, if your not writing smut, there really isn't much of a point to it.

3.5/5 for me.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  3. njpotterfan

njpotterfan Guest

not bad I liked it, very light hearted and funny

4. shadetz x

shadetz x Second Year

This story did not grab my attention until the lastest two chapters. The scene with Luna telling Harry she was playing with herself was pretty humorous. 4/5

5. Solomon

Solomon Heir

In all reality, it's far too early to give a proper vote on this story. All that's really happened so far is the author gave an opening setting, introduced characters, and gave some look into potential pairings. The plot hasn't even begun, yet.

If it continues as it is, though, I think this should be library worthy, a solid 4/5.

6. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

I liked it. Its more of a humor-fic to me than a serious romance piece (A Harry/Multi or Harem-fic, whatever you choose to call it, will never be taken as a serious romance to me). That said, I enjoyed reading it. Like someone else said, its lighthearted and humorous enough, in my opinion anyway.

4/5

7. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

I couldn't make it through the first chapter.

8. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

Probably cos you tickle ass.

Now bend over and bite the pillow!

9. Zulu

Zulu Guest

If you're talking about the chapter that described the end of the deatheaters it's been taken off so the second chapter is now the first and so on. Personally I thought that was a good idea because like you said it was hard going through that first chapter and abruptly go into the next few where the flow/atmosphere is just different...hmm...the power of persuasive e-mails heh.

10. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

the scene with Luna was worth the read in and of it's self I think.

sadly it isn't enough to balance the rest of the story. Mediocre I'd say. Not bad, but not particularly good.
    3/5

11. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

I couldn't stop laughing/chuckling through the story. I really liked the parts with Harry and Priti (Yes, I adore toddlers), it made me crack up. 5/5 for me.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  12. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

I admit it was funny, and light hearted. I enjoyed the first three chapters but then it seemed to go down hill.

I really don't see a plot to this. So far all that I've seen is a bunch of attached women drooling over a whipped Harry. The last two chapters were a real turn off for me, even thought I enjoyed the male Weasly's stuck in the shed... Those parts had me cracking up.

3.5/5

13. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

this is a strange fic. It started out semi-decently, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. It has some funny parts, but it is missing any semblance of a plot so far, and after ~7 chapters sorry but that is too slow for me.
    1/5

14. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

I'm not going to rate it because it wouldn't be very fair. Suffice to say I stopped reading two or so paragraphs in. I simply cannot go through a story reading Remus calling Harry "cub". Shudders

15. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

that must cut down a lot on the number of fics you read.

16. LogrusMage

Ok, the newer chapters are better. I'll re-rate this a 4/5. Not sure if it's DLP material, but I've seen much less funny fics in the humor section. This deserves an in. We can't really hold humor fics to the same standards as the independent and dark sections, genre wise. Good humor is good humor.

Or maybe I'm an idiot. Which ever you wanna believe.

17. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I do still like this story, but I'm starting to get annoyed, here. The guy's how many chapters in, now? We should have started to see some semblance of plot by now...Honestly. :?

18. LogrusMage

True, when he mentioned this would actually have a plot I was a bit surprised...

I thought it'd just end soon. Ya know, like most humor fics.

19. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

This was an interesting read, it had me chuckling at quite a few points. Sure it isn't the atmosphere for "Dark Lord Potter" because it isn't going to be dark, but hell we have a humor section for a reason.

4/5

-Void

20. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

The latest chapters are getting good.

Brilliant. I give it a 4/5. The latest chapters redeemed the less-than-imressive earlier chapters.