1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Tuebor by hugplx - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Synchro, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I see where you're coming from, and it would feel annoying for me too if i were reading someone else's fic were it not for one thing.

Naruto's personality, intentions, motivations and thought processes still remain a mystery. I try to use 'inane' scenes to finish 'painting' the barely started 'picture' that is Naruto.

What of the lesbian Ramen girl? Who cares about her? Slightly giggle worthy and useless filler is still useless filler.

True, I agree, were it not for the case that Ayame seems to be the only friend Naruto has that's his own age. Curious, especially given the fact that him being the host of the Kyuubi hasn't been revealed in this story yet.

Critical writing and all that.

Little unimportant facts like that I will use for characters like Anko to pick up on and explore, so we can get a better look at what and who Naruto really is.

True, the fact that she's a lesbian and going on dates was only added for amusement purposes, but the focus should be that the two have a fairly strong bond and are really good friends. Naruto's supporting nature regarding her sexual orientation and acceptance of Akira should show how much he cares for Ayame.

Of course, while this is happening, the plot will be progressing steadily all the while. The mission they're currently on seems filler, except it really isn't. The stuff that's going on in Kika will come into play later on in the story.

Mokuton seems like a pointless power boost just for the sake of it, yet I assure you that it has its reasons for being there, and unfortunately, it has little to do with his need for it in battle.

All I can ask is that people be patient and remember that I write a Naruto who keeps things close to his chest. Things will most likely continue to not make sense until it finally pieces together later on.

Regardless, I appreciate you all reading, reviewing and commenting. It gives me the urge to continue writing.

P.S As a response to Naruto's immediate reaction to the Uchiha massacre, it was one of mute shock. He's a member of the ANBU, and thus, must be able to push such things from his mind while there are more important things to attend to.

The angst of why such a thing happened, and the disappearance of his friend is implied, I think, and happened 'off screen'. To show such a thing by me writing it would delve too far into Naruto's psyche, and I prefer for the readers to figure it out for themselves.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  2. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

the CIA and MI6 don't do those?:confused: It's a good fic, but it somehow isn't appealing to me. *shrugs*

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  3. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

That's a fair response. I look forward to your next installment.

4. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

That's what they want you to think. BEWARR :awesome

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I can't even remember if Naruto has the Kyuubi in this story since he was born earlier. I think he does. I just can't remember it to well.

I guess it has something to do with the demon quelling part of the bloodline if battle is out.

6. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I'm 95% sure that it's been said that the events of Naruto's birth simply happened a few years earlier - i.e. Naruto does have the Kyuubi sealed in him and Minato did die to achieve that goal.

7. Gengar

High Score:
    He's still the host.

It hasn't been revealed in the story yet.

It's not the reason why he has Mokuton, but having it does help in that regard.

8. blablablub

blablablub First Year

Sage Mode dose not equal God Mode, I cant get why people dont get that.

I mean it takes him a good amount of time to activate it, he can't just fuse with ma and pa, thanks to Kyubi preventing it.

It does not make him invinceble against Genjutsu, so Madare and Itachi maybe Sasuke in the future are still a big danger to him.

Or what would happen if someone did some Medic things like Kabuto.

We dont know if Kisame's sword eats "Sagechakra", or what happens when he gets poisend etc. etc.

Sure it is some damn kick ass thing but it has its drawbacks.

Other than that I kind of like the "filler" stuff you learn some new things about him every new chapter, in a light and funny way.

Its new not like the same old training her fight there you can learn more that way, I think its great.

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yeah, I just couldn't remember.
    Look what it did to Naruto in the manga... lol. It isn't unbeatable, but it's like an instant steroid. Naruto hulks out and smashes some heads, runs out of steam.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    It isn't set in stone - mainly because I don't have every fight in the fic planned out in my head yet - but Naruto will probably only be forced to use Sage Mode once or twice in this fic.

It will also not be overly used and abused like it is in the manga atm.

If I were to compare how I'm going to handle it in my story to some other power up, I would say that it'll work a lot like the Trans AM system does in Gundam 00. It's only a temporary - albeit significant - power up that lasts for a short while (well, depending on how he uses his chakra while he has it) and can not be used for a fair while after it has run its course.

He won't be instant recharging with KB like he does in the manga.

11. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

He basically nitpicks at any story but his own, refusing to even answer certain topics brought up about his own stories.

12. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Example?

I have no problems answering questions, and as I've said before, I don't find my own stories all that good.

13. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

It seems like after a certain number of chapters a lot of good Naruto fanfics keep getting more and more loopholes.

Howdy you read the latest Naruto chapter 436?

That last scene is going to really mess up a lot of fanfics, bet money on that!

14. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

It actually helps both of mine, quite a bit actually.

Even though it took a bite out of my favorite character so far as his plot relevance at the end of the story goes, I'm happy with it.

15. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

I've yet to see a response to this. Mostly interested in it because all those points were points that I brought up to Shezza just before he posted.

16. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Wait a minute, I thought we were talking about illogical things that should never happen. Since when am I supposed to come up with something entirely original in a fandom that's probably been around for nearly a decade?

If you're going to base your story off of canon, then my point is that you should base it off of canon. Bending every little idea so that it marches to your own tune in the face of the inspiration for a fanfiction story is what I hate, not writing something original.

My story has two plot divergences from which the story evolves:

1. Naruto gains the Rinnegan.

2. Naruto stops caring about how others perceive him.

Either one of these is enough of a divergence for a story on its own. I chose two. These are the two things that I don't think I should have to justify since they are the divergence points. Without them I'd have no story to write.

What I didn't do is twist around every damn ability or rule of the manga to fit my own needs. Aside from my plot divergences, feel free to call me out on anything you like.

Otherwise you're not actually criticizing my story, you're simply asking me "why bother to write anything at all?"

Because I felt like it.

17. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Your stupidity astounds me. I didn't say anything about illogical things that should never happen. Where in this thread did I ever even say the word illogical?

18. Gengar

High Score:
    That made me giggle a little bit.

19. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I'm gonna say this one time and one time only.

I bitch about the shit that other people don't. Most people on this or any other fanfiction forum lap up the inconsistencies with canon Naruto that spring up in each and every fic they read.

I hate that shit.

If I wrote a Harry Potter fanfiction and posted it on this site with a quarter the canon-defiant garbage I see in the Naruto category I'd get destroyed. It's a terrible double-standard, and I don't really care if I have to come off as a hyper-critical bastard to do it.

You don't see me bashing poor writing or poor plot on these forums, because I don't bother to read those stories, period. It seems to me, though, that I'm the only one who cares one iota about people sticking to canon explanations of powers or coming up with their own interpretations of said powers that fit canon Naruto.

Powers in Naruto are not ambiguous. Kishimoto has clearly explained them to us through his work. I have no problem whatsoever with authors tweaking a thing or two to make their story unique, as I feel mine are. I do have a problem with authors spitting in the face of every canon, explained factoid in the series.

I have no desire to derail this thread any further, so if you wish to continue this discussion take it to a relevant thread please (WW or HotH).

20. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Mind giving an example or two? I'm considering writing a Naruto fic (Got introduce to Naruto by way of this subforum) and I'd like to know if I'm going too far. :)