1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Twists of Fate by Lanindur Du'Undarian - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by ip82, Feb 14, 2006.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Title: Twists of Fate
    Author: Lanindur Du'Undarian
    Rating: T
    Genre: General/Angst
    Pairings: Harry/Ginny
    Summary: AU. Bitten by a Vampire the night Voldemort attacked, Harry Potter is believed dead. So what happens when Remus shows up at Hogwarts with a fifth year son bearing the lighting scar and the name of Lupin 14 years later?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2737363/1/

Ok, I know I ranted about this story in "Unrecommended Fiction" thread and that it's been mentioned in few other threads, but I've been following it in the meantime and finally deemed it good enough to deserve a topic of it's own.

So, just to remind you, it's Vampire!Harry, Remus as a father, friendly Snape and Ron, James and Lily being at odds with Harry (but no bashing).

The best aspect of this story remains good humor and nice interaction between characters. A lot of brownie points were gained when Harry didn't start bawling or ranting at the sight of his parents. The way their interaction is beeing handled should be an example for all the other similar stories. It's surely better than the standard shit they're using, with Harry transforming into a sniveling bitch who can't keep his emotions under control.

Two main faults remain the same as in my other post.

1) Poor action scene(s?) - this is still based solely on the initial battle, which was bad enough to almost make me stop reading.

2) Harry/Ginny - their first contact was awful, what with all the hints of love on first sight and other teenage-dream shit we're all sick of. The following chapters were much better, though. Ginny only appeared again once more and in that scene, their interaction was quite good - she actually seemed very interesting and nice. Yes, I'd still prefer for Ryan to find traces of love potion and strangle the bitch, but if the author keeps writing their interaction as she did in last chapter, that'd be fine by me.

So, this is actually turning into a very nice story indeed. With constant update rate and good humor, H/G shouldn't be enough to deter anyone from trying this out.

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Indeed, I love this fic. It is so damn funny, I always laugh my ass off when he sees the kid that constantly runs into walls. And the Vampire rabbit that scares Sirius, just classic.

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Yeah, she might be overdoing that kid thing a bit, but it's still funny (for now).

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I like the story but whenever Ginny appears I want Harry to pound her face in. I just cant help it...

5. Nymph

Nymph Second Year

I like this story. At first, I wasn't sure about the whole HG thing but so far it's written pretty good so it shouldn't be much of a bother. On another note, I find the whole Bloodpops thing hilarious...

6. DarkPhoenix2500

DarkPhoenix2500 Second Year

Lawl, the bloodpops, rabbit and the whole scene with that vampire owl was just greatness @_@ Love this story <_<

7. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Ah, the bloodpops. The bloodpops rule. :twisted:

8. Scarty

Scarty Denarii Host DLP Supporter

i love this stroy too.

The Bloodpops, the rabbit, cool name, and Romolus or the Throw-Myself-Into-The-Wall Boy.

10 Points from me for this story

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Harry should have beaned Ginny in the head with his half-eaten blood pop.

10. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Ah, the last chapter was great. Hiding Blood Pops in the girls panty drawer, great.

11. MudEye

MudEye Second Year

Oh.The things with the rabbit and that Rayn hides Bloodpops everywhere are really fun to read.
    I like the story :) (i try do overlook the H/G)

12. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Ughh started to read it but the harry/ginny shit was just too much, god he's what, 15? he shouldnt be falling in love..

13. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

I had liked it up until this chapter (11). It was amusing when it was tongue and cheek, but now all the sudden Harry is the king of all vampires just because he was bit by the dying king. Apparently the king of vampires, can be felled by a curse from Lily Potter firing blindly.

Sadly the story passed the point where I could effectively suspend my disbelief.

Jim

14. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

That sounds crappy. Well, at least vampires arent super strong beings that could take over the world easy but dont for some reason like in A Second Chance...

15. razz

razz Seventh Year

Yeah, chapter 11 was lame. Besides that though, it's great.

16. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

I dunno, guys.

I actually thought it was gonna take a turn for the better, and this last chapter provides that.

Sure, the H/G is irritating, and she can't write action to save her life, but the fic is good.

If you ignore the fact that the Vampire king was taken down by a stray curse, it sounds great. I mean, come on! Harry iS tHe KiNg of ThE VaMPirS! AWesOmE!!!

I'm interested to see where she goes with this, but i have to say that this is a good fic. If she manages to write a good action scene, drop the hurt/comfort angst between the Potters, and kill Ginny, this will be my favorite fic of all time.

Not really, but anything is possible.

17. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Meh, I liked it, even though it turns out that Harry is the King of Vampires. It wasn't too unbelievable in my opinion.

18. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have to say, with the latest chapter this story has really gone to the dogs. I didn't even manage to finish the chapter before i closed it in disgust.

After going on 1 date, Ryan and Ginny are now, apparently, in love. 'nuff said. The only thing missing now is a soul bond.

19. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Yeah, that's why I initially posted this in Unrecomended Fiction, I immedietely knew she'll do the whole twue low! thing. I was oh so pissed when Ryan hadn't oblivated the lil bitch after he caught her listening in...

20. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I did like this story a lot when I first read it - but as others posted above, making him king of the vampires was going over the top.

Scaring Sirius with the vampire rabbit and owl are great ideas as is the kid running into the wall (and its eventual twist with Snape) and Ryans 'interest' in cats (probably inpsired by / copied from Alf).

I rate it 4/5 because it really has great moments. Nevertheless the author hasn't updated anything for meanwhile three years so it's save to assume the story is dead. I wonder if incomplete abandoned fics should stay in the library at all.