1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Under Siege by Dens Serpentis - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by nonjon, Jul 23, 2007.

1. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Summary says "No slash, pairings undecided" so I'm almost certain no slash. I know a lot of authors use the two character fields on fanfiction.net to identify who the two main characters in the fic are, not necessarily the primary romantic pairing (particularly when the romance is negligible/secondary in the story).

2. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Well, I put this on alert today, and it just updated.

It's a good one.

No long critique from me today, just a 4.5/5

3. 007_rock

007_rock DA Member

I liked this story. Pretty good plot, some original ideas and Harry is not the all-powerful-God suddenly. Also the grudging admiration of Harry by other students especially Slytherins was done nicely. Harry's character was well-written, slowly evolving into a nice persona. Update was a tad-slow, but author is now writing fast enough and hope it continues.

4/5

4. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Chapter 5 was posted.

Pretty good, really. Shows, sort of, its not all hugs and love. Snape is still a dick. I dun like Draco's attitude though. Im hoping he is just playing potter and secretly gonna betray him later.

5. Sporangia

Sporangia First Year

I like this story - I think the setup is interesting, and I've never read this kind of plotline before. It's pretty well done and flows well. Terry Boot's crush seemed kind of random, but I like how organized the students are and how well Harry is doing as a leader - and it's shown how much weight being in charge is. It's rational that there would be some Slytherin traitors - it's good how Harry disposes of them, but I think he shouldn't have given them so many chances to redeem themselves.

6. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Holy hell! It's actually been updated! But since it' been almost forever since I've read this story, I don't remember a single things about it. Guess I'm just going to have to re-read the whole thing. Oh well.

7. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I read the whole thing for the first time today. It's an easy and interesting read, but it could certainly do with an edit--Draco, early on, is annoying, and I can't stand the fact that he says "Dumbledork" three or four times. But other than that, and some of the dialogue early on, it's good.

The idea is original and I like the way things are shaping up, but since it went unupdated for like a year, who knows if the thing will ever finish. It's certainly worth a read though.

I personally think someone should take the idea and make it better, but this is 3.5 or 4/5 so far.

8. Argentum

Argentum First Year

Pretty damned good but for the lack of backstory which has already been pointed out.
    4/5

9. J22

J22 Seventh Year

I may have missed something here but what about the ministry? Has Voldemort taken it over? And if not why haven't they stopped the Death Eaters from attacking? Not to mention the Order.

10. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

I'm glad to see it's been updated. It's a nice read if not terribly deep. The lack of backstory does bring up some questions, most notably about the Order and the Aurors. Hope to see an update for this faster than before.

11. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Ya I've been asking myself that since I started reading this.

It's before Christmas, which means people wouldn't have left for the Holidays so other than a lack of owl communication, parents shouldn't have any concerns.

People probably haven't noticed anything wrong.

Or at least I'm guessing thats what the author is going with...

Because I can find a ton of problems there.

12. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I just assumed it was an AU and that eventually we'll figure out what changed.