1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Variant Strain by scriviner - T - Prototype/Spiderman

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Panther, Dec 5, 2012.

1. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

It's not really Spiderman in the world of Prototype or vice versa. It's more like a new universe with minute mixtures of the two.

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, I went through a phase of practical obsession with Prototype and there's a lot different about this fic to canon. The only real similarities between the two are the abilities of main character.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Though my knowledge of Prototype extends only as far as the wiki page, I have enjoyed this fic very much.

4. Garden

Garden Supreme Mugwump

This story is amazing. Characters are intelligent, ruthless, terrifying, etc. The romance between Peter and MJ is awesomely disturbing, Jessica is portrayed brilliantly, Hank is a great mastermind who's ruthless but working for good ends, Peter is a fundamentally good character with a propensity for human flesh. There's just so many richly detailed characters.

The action is great too, as is the writing itself.
    All in all, a great read.
    5/5

5. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Being a Spider-Man fan and not much of a Prototype fan (at least from what little I've played of it), I was surprised with this. Peter's remarkably in character despite his situation, and MJ's interesting even if she's quite a bit more unhinged than usual. The altered versions of other Marvel characters or organizations are neat too.

6. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

I thought the characterization of Peter -and how increasingly fucked his mind is- was surprisingly good, and that the author managed to expand the backstory of the game pretty well.

MJ is... insane, but in a very attractive way I guess.

5/5, would read again.

7. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Oh, never knew we had a thread for this one.

Been reading it for a couple of weeks and it's very fun. Yeah, MJ's a little fucked up but that's to be expected given her background. I feel bad for Peter having to absorb those memories.

Plus, I know some of you might already know but since nobody mentioned the update on Sunday I thought I would.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8642442/43/

8. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

The latest update was a disappointment. I've always hated this kind of storyline so I hope it gets resolved quickly. I'm probably gonna sit out on the next few updates just so I can power through it.

9. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Did I read it right.

Did he just do what the comics allowed Octavius to do?

Edit: I guess he sorta did, I hadn't noticed the chapter 45 updated yet, was talking about chapter 44.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  10. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Surprisingly (to me most of all) I don't mind it so much. It looks like
    if Peter doesn't regain control while Pym is asleep, they will all be lost, so I assume that he will regain control
    Nevertheless, it was an interesting move, imo.

11. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

At least he didn't meet with different versions of himself. You know like: smart!Peter, brave!peter,etc. That would've been a shitty move.

Damn, now i'm annoyed with myself for thinking this up. :/

12. Idiot Rocker

Idiot Rocker Auror

At this point I'm just getting fatigued with this whole thing. The recent bit of a plot twist, if you can call it that, complicates the situation but doesn't seem to take Peter any closer to finding a solution.

I guess after almost 50 chapters I'd just like a better idea of where this is ending up.

13. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

Powered through this story in a day, it's pretty awesome stuff. Words can not express how much I love Alternate!MJ.

As long as the current plotline doesn't drag on too long I can tolerate it, but I understand why people are hating on it. As Republic21 noted the immediate Do-or-Die nature of the situation is actually a relief, as either way it'll be probably over before any other developments.

14. Corsair

Corsair First Year

Heh. I love the changes in Peter's personality. That was quite a milestone.

This is something that intrigues me in this story - there seems to be a plan regarding Peter characterisation. Part of that is 'you are what you eat'. Part is not. I wonder where author will lead it. What type of person Peter will end as?

I suspect, that one day Peter will stand, look at himself, and realize that he simply don't fit with society, it's norm and limitations. Personality close to being opposite to canon Spidey.

15. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Update - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8642442/46/

Hrm, wasn't too bad of a chapter but it certainly wasn't one of the better ones. It certainly provided more background information. I do hope the current situation isn't prolonged for much more.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  16. Idiot Rocker

Idiot Rocker Auror

Yeah, I'm actually liking this interlude more and more. Kind of goofy but with an undertone of violence. I still think that this whole story better be close to wrapping up though.

17. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

I got really bored so I decided to read it. Chapter was odd but better than what I was expecting.

18. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

19. Garden

Garden Supreme Mugwump

Funny stuff. The tone of the fic is serious with a dash of dark humor. Its refreshing.

20. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    This update was awesome. MJ is deliciously crazy.