1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Weird Dream I had

Discussion in 'Original Fiction Discussion' started by Hashasheen, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

I had a wierd dream last night about an immortal who lived to modern time who found out the wife he'd married decades ago and lived happily with hadn't actually married him out of love, and had in fact trying to acquire his immortality (might have been a necromancer, not sure). It turned into this cat and mouse game of sorts where both of them were trying to outwit the other as he kept trying to hunt her down and find out the entire truth. Didn't get far in that regard though, after I woke up.

So, some questions I had:
    1. Is there any kind of book, tv series of films that I might have watched that resulted in this dream?
    2. Any potential in that for a short story? :sherlock:

2. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

I'm reminded of Highlander and Mr & Mrs Smith.

3. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Fuck, I think I might have gotten that from Highlander: Endgame in a twisted around way. Duncan McLeod and his wife Kate/Faith.

4. Nae

Nae The Violent

Huh. Reminds me of Hancock for some reason. Will Smith and Charlize Theron's characters were immortal (kinda), and both of their powers cancelled each other or something. Forgot the details.

5. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

IIRC, they were both basically superman, but if they spent long periods near each other, they become normal humans, except they'll live forever unless killed.

Nae