1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete White Knight, Grey Queen by Jeconais - PG13 - HP/PP

Discussion in 'Romance' started by nightangel960, May 18, 2005.

1. Perfect Insanity

Perfect Insanity First Year

eh....... i agree with the general opinion that the first couple chapters were great but then we get to shit like this

"Pansy smiled and broke the kiss, sitting back down primly. “That do?” she asked.

Remus gulped. “Yeah, but now I think I’m jealous.”

“We’ll see about that,” Tonks said, while Harry tried to regain his bearings.

She leant over and kissed Remus exactly as Pansy had kissed Harry.

She pulled back with the same self satisfied look on her face.

“That looks like fun,” Gruoch announced and pounced on her husband. When he was as dazed as the others, she smiled happily. “Ladies, why don’t we go next door and leave our heroes to recover?”.

thats just bad writing. dont get me wrong, barring "This means war" which i hate with every fiber of my being, i like jeconais, this one just wasnt up to standards

2. Nymph

Nymph Second Year

I wish you remembered the title to that fic. I wanted to read it. I did a FF.net search on 'I Hate You' and nothing came up.

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

4. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

they hate each other so well in that :roll:

5. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I liked this story until the end. Pansy should have kicked that whore's ass. Or her shield should have failed when he was demonstrating magic to the muggles.

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Slither Hither is a great story.

7. Loved the story till the ending when Pansy/Harry and Ginny all get together. It ruined the end. It is an awesome read though.

8. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Stop with the bumping of old threads LordOrionBlack. If you bump something, make sure you submit a decent review as to why and a plausable reason to do so. Like a unqiue or original take on the story.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  9. mannequin

mannequin Guest

Sorry to bump this, but I have to agree with the original poster.

I found the link from this site while browsing, a few weeks back. I was so impressed with the content and the amount of detail the author put into it, only to get to the very end and get slapped with a great big WTF!!!:mad:

I haven't been that annoyed with a story since stumbling onto a crazy "Snarry" fic. I've yet to attempt to contact the author, but I don't see how the ending did the story and justice.

10. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Don't worry about the bumping, we don't bitch about folks bumping story threads, unless it's to add something totally worthless.

Otherwise they're fair game.

This story remains one of my biggest disappointments. So much potential, then he just rushed to finish it+(

11. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

This one was an excellent story. I really liked that one...too bad he's really slow on updating his stories. No updates on him on "any" story since May.

12. Thalarian

Thalarian Seventh Year

Just like everyone else, I felt it just lost it's steam by the time he reached the end.

I hated his personification of Voldemort personally. A writer of that skill should have been able to make an outstanding Voldemort. But true to most of Jec's work, he create's Harry into this living god walking amongst mortals, one that even the Dark Lord couldn't stand up against.

It's difficult to see Harry really achieve anything amazing when Jec begins to write him in such a way. Harry begins to just overshadow everyone, with very little actually going into the process of.

The take with the Time Turner training was definitely original, as was the past relationship of Pansy's and Harry's parents. But the actual relationship between the two seemed a bit forced, even if Pansy had her eyes on him for longer then just that summer.

The Ginny inclusion was an irritable choice that could have actualy been a fantastic conflict. But instead of allowing there to be that, Jec just up and took the easy route.

He did do a nice job of not bashing any of the characters, even giving Daphne a very good persona, but Jec has a very bad tendency of allowing Harry to go overboard in most of his stories (Usually in the course of a single summer).

All in all, it was an amazing read up until a certain point, but then it just seemed that he lost his interest, mainly finishing it for people who were probably breathing down his neck. Even then it's still left a cliffhanger, which only adds the the feeling of emptiness.

3/5

13. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

I hate wasting my time on fics that end up being ruined, this is a good example of lazyness. He took a good potential and turned it into shit. story now sucks 2/5.

14. natamox

natamox Guest

Ok what is it with Jeconais and his 'Super Power Harry'
    i realise that he has to be strong but i think that Jeconais went over the top with Harry in practically ALL his stories
    :(

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2007
  15. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

that is truly the biggest fault of tim's stories. Harry is ALWAYS over the top.
    Also the longer stories are very "harmonic" (meaning everything works out in the end, big happy family yadda yadda).
    Personally i like reading something like that once in a while, but they are too much like fairytales to be truly good works of fiction.
    His second problem is that usually Voldie is being played like a newbie. Sorry, but i just can't believe that Darklords are so dumb....

16. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Eh. It's a pretty good story, but I'll knock off half a point for Ginny (It's not that I don't like her, it's... yeah, it's pretty much that).

4.5/5

17. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Someone should see if they could get permission to rewrite pretty much the last several chapters, story was way too good for it to sudden dive the way it did, it's almost like it was done for spite or something, rofl.

18. dba2

dba2 Guest

That's an interesting observation. Didn't that story implode about the same time that DLP got going?

19. Marie M

Marie M Raptured to Hell

I liked it very much. I think it's the only decent work of Jaconais
    4/5

20. Nadino

Nadino Third Year

Indeed
    And what the hell was that thing about Ginny getting together with them? argh, that just sucked big time!