1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Who is your favorite character in gaming?

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Another Empty Frame, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

Scorpion and Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat. Frog from Chrono Trigger. Zero from Megaman X and Megaman Zero. Sephiroth from FF7. There's probably more I can think of, but they're the ones that stand out in my mind.

2. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Fall-From-Grace from Planescape: Torment.

Bellegar from Divinity 2: DKS.

Kyle Katarn from the Jedi Knight series.

Titus from Space Marine.

Wei Shen from Sleeping Dogs.

Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell (up to Chaos Theory).

Lautrec of Carim, Crestfallen Warrior, Laurentius, Siegmeyer and Hawkeye Gough from Dark Souls.

Kreia, Visas Marr, HK-47 and Atris from KOTOR 2.

Kain, Vorador and Raziel from the Legacy of Kain series.

Dan from Binary Domain.

Malik from Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Kaelyn the Dove and Okku from Neverwinter Nights 2 - Mask of the Betrayer.

There's probably way more, but this all that comes to mind at such a late hour.

3. Damask

Damask Seventh Year

Hmm. My first thought was George Stobbart from the Broken Sword games. The nature of the game is such that you can hear him wisecracking about anything and everything. Even though he isn't the ballsiest kind of protagonist since it's not a game involving a lot of fighting, the game concept (random everyman gets caught in a twisted world domination plot and vows to get to the bottom of it by following a trail of clues and improvising or smooth-talking his way out of every situation) makes him into a very interesting sort of adventurer.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Garrus: Hello... and... hm. You seem like a nice person, maybe a little quiet, introspective but... decent, overall.

Femae Turian: Oh... thank you... I think.

Shepard: Try small talk.

Garrus: Come here often? I imagine anyone who does is probably an alcoholic.

10/10

5. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Garrus Vakarian, for all the reasons already stated. Also from Mass Effect, Mordin Solus. Because of his heartbreaking heroic sacrifice, and this.

The Prince and Farah from Prince of Persia: Sands of Time. He's a charming, snarky, roguish but honorable acrobat, she's a feisty, duty-driven archer, and watching them fall in love with each other over the course of the game was just brilliant.

I have a soft spot for Reaver from Fable 2, due to the genuine surprise when he steals your final boss battle from you. He's a one-note, cheesy character, and he's a lot less interesting in Fable 3, but that is a genuinely great moment in gaming for me.

6. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Miles "Tails" Prower the Fox.

...mostly because of childhood thoughts on the matter rather than any realistic reason. He was my age (at the time around 8-12), he was smart (techie), he wasn't a cool!jock (like Sonic usually appeared to be), and most of all... he could fucking fly. I played various games with him in it, loved the 'SatAM' version of Sonic in general, and even read some of the Archie comics.

So yeah. I thought Tails was awesome when I was a kid, and I never quite outgrew a fondness for the character.

If I gave it a lot of thought I could probably come up with better choices. More nuanced choices from actual RPGs. But Tails is the only character that immediately came to mind.

7. crusader564

crusader564 First Year

Revan from KOTOR

8. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I just wanted to stop by here to say every single one of you motherfuckers are wrong, sadly, with the partial exception of Shinysavage.

Mordin Solus is the best character in video games. Full stop. Some of Bioware's best writing ever went into him, and he is a fucking amazing character. I'm on my phone, so I think I'll leave it there, but if he's not your favorite then you're just wrong. :colbert:

9. 9th Doctor

9th Doctor Groundskeeper

Shaco. /10char

(Placeholder till I decide.)

10. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

Arcade Gannon or Veronica Santangelo from New Vegas, though all the New Vegas companions are on the list somewhere.

Varric Tethras in particular from Dragon Age 2, though all the non-dlc companions were great.

Pretty much every character from the .hack//GU series.

11. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Some people just like to watch the world burn.

12. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    While this is cheaty and possibly belongs in a separate thread, Uthgerd the Unbroken from Skyrim.

In Sips' play through she ends up depicted as an alcoholic lesbian with jealousy and anger management issues who prefers a bow for melee combat.

13. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

QFT.

Otherwise, the general in Shogun 2, yelling, "Hidden units my lord, treacherously meant to ambush us!" I just found him so incredibly dependable. Great guy.

14. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Jim Raynor from Starcraft, Mission Vex from KOTOR or Gordon Freeman from Half-Life 3.

But in all seriousness, Dogmeat is the greatest.

15. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Mission Vao

16. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

Statement: The lack of HK-47 in this thread is a disappointment. I'm afraid the meat bags will have to be terminated.

17. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As usual you fail at basic reading comprehension, Odran brought it up about 20 posts in.

18. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

"As usual"

What the heck are you going on about?

Either way, there has been a lack of HK-47 in this thread. Only one mention and in a list at that? A sore lacking.

19. Ankan

Ankan Professor

Not enough Warcraft here so I'll go with my favourite + some honorable mentions.

Kinda cliché but my number one spot is shared by Illidan Stormrage and Arthas Menethil.

Some honorable mentions of awesome characters:

Malfurion Stormrage
    Jaina Proudmoore
    Grommash Hellscream
    Uther the Lightbringer
    Saurfang
    Kel'thuzad
    Danath trollbane
    Medivh
    Tirion Fordring

There's probably some more that I forgot that I really enjoy.

20. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm going to throw in an honourable mention for Raziel and Kain from Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver and Defiance - I never actually finished either game, or played any of the rest of the franchise, but what I played of Soul Reaver blew my tiny little mind in terms of gaming characterisation at the time.