1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Wild World by HowdyU - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Koalas, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Yeah.

Not giving those away either, sorry.

2. Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca First Year

What fox relationship going be like with naruto now since he has rinnegan? Is he going be helpful to him at all or being like first time they met trying scare naruto? I would think fox might want his vessel to be as strong as possible since he not wear anymore orange jumpsuits and saying that annoying phase. I am referring whenever naruto draw on fox power it does not fight him over it. The container and eight tailed beast is only one I know has some form of a good relation is Kirābī.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No. Just no. Please for the love of everything that is good in this world, no.

The Kyuubi is not some fashion guru. It is not a judge of human standards. It is a massive and powerful force of nature manifested in the form of a gigantic fox. It cares about orange jumpsuits and somewhat annoying phrases about as much as I care about the Paris Hilton Fan Club. It exists solely to destroy, and if it picked up human language along the way, fine.

Also, it does not know any advanced chakra theory. What kind of 20 storey tall walking monster of death and destruction would?

4. Ksai

Ksai Third Year

Ummm...
    Could you give any cannon data to verify this line? Cause as far as I remember, we were never told clearly what's Kyuubi's agenda is or what are his goals.
    Though I agree with everything else. I hate it when authors make this entity into some kind library of human Jutsu or an expert sword master or a sixteen year old girl with flaming hair and giant libido.

5. Ranku

Ranku First Year

If I recall correctly, it's said that the Kyuubi is a natural disaster that is generally attracted where there's a lot of malice and whatnot. Natural disasters, generally, only destroy shit.

So, it can be said that that's pretty much its whole existence. I kind of figure that while Kyuubi might know some shit, it doesn't really have an attention span as far as "planning" goes. It's like a dog (an admittedly smart one): it'll learn some trick over time (human speech in the Kyuubi's case), but when it tries to run away, it just digs under the fence. It doesn't slowly plan its escape or change how it acts to lull its masters into a false sense of security.

That's why I've never really gotten into the whole "very intelligent and wise" Kyuubi that some fanfics have; the Kyuubi is neither intelligent nor wise, and trying to portray him as such is just kind of.. eh, out of character, seeing as how he's never acted that way even a single time that I can recall (though I don't claim to have a perfect memory, so I might be wrong here).

Anyway, to get back on topic, I'm very much enjoying this story so far, and the only thing that I found fairly off-putting were the silver hems on Naruto's new gi. It just didn't seem to go very well when combined with the black clothes combined with the orange ropes (which I found very cool, as it has a certain.. Naruto-ish flair to it).

I'm looking forward to the next chapter even more than the last, so I hope it's out soon, Howdy. Keep up the good work.

6. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I have plans for Kyuubi in this story, and hopefully they live up to everyone's expectations.

I'll be doing something that I haven't seen before in a fanfiction as far as the back story goes.

To be clear though - the Kyuubi is a massive manifestation of malignant chakra, not a divine entity or an all-knowing, benevolent teacher.

7. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Actually, it probably does. Healing Naruto with demonic chakra that is supposed to corrode everything it touches is not a small feat. Neither is the Kyuubi Cannon or the chakra shroud. Kyuubi has prodigious chakra control and many human lifetimes of experience.

8. Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca First Year

Are you planning later on for naruto be able to draw out fox power into justu? Whenever fox chakra flood naruto body will it effect his rinnegan? If naruto could channel trace amount of fox power into rasengan it is highly corrosive or any elemental justu.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  9. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That's likely as not to be instinctive. The natural properties of the Kyuubi's chakra induce healing, but in a human host it also has the side effect of being corrosive. The Kyuubi itself isn't harmed by its own chakra, just the more fragile human it's hosted in is.

The Kyuubi cannon is about as simple as you can get as an attack. It releases a massive amount of chakra and blood, reabsorbs it, and fires it in the direction of the enemy. It may be damn powerful, but that's because the Kyuubi has a shit load (possibly infinite amount) of chakra, not because of good control.

10. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

If the Kyuubi fully, or even partially, understood chakra, it could mimic the jutsu and special abilities of other ninja. Healing is instinctual to it, otherwise the Kyuubi would be able to copy and give his vessel a sand-manipulation shield like Gaara, or perform any of the other ninjutsu shown in the manga.

I don't know about the whole dog analogy thing. I don't think the Kyuubi is a beast, but more akin to a "beast-god". He possesses rationale and can analyze his memories to solve problems and come to conclusions. I would liken him to an arrogant or hedonistic noble, not the philosopher-king most authors make him out to be. Not that it's a bad idea, but it's just overdone.

Does the Kyuubi care about what Naruto's wearing? Or his taste in food? Or even his level of power? Unlikely, unlikely, possibly. The Kyuubi probably wants either a weak vessel, so he can overcome its will with temptation or guide its action, or a strong vessel, so it can survive and give him time to escape his seal. Food probably isn't crossing his mind, and who knows if the Kyuubi even knows what Naruto's wearing at any given moment.

11. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Who says Kyuubi can't? It is said that one swing of its tail could crumble a mountain or cause a tsunami. That sounds like Earth and Water jutsu to me.

12. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

And that sounds like hitting the ground very hard with its tail to me.

13. Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca First Year

There little information cannon wise from manga how fox was able cause all this damage by swinging his tails. Much like rinnegan all that is left are legends since manga never really talked about damage fox did to konoha or how he did it before he was sealed. The only thing fourth hokage could do was sealing up fox and was summoning reaper himself at cost of his soul. does anyone think assuming right people know about his rinnegan that naruto will get more training? He still need work on his hand seals speed.

Since naruto because of tree exercise example can seem to measure what chakra needed to stick to object. Does anyone think because his eyes if he could mastered some medicinal ninjustu or with time learn chakra control use Tsunade strength techniques?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  14. Ksai

Ksai Third Year

Dont...
    Just dont write things like this. First of all - I can hardly ever remember even once instance where Kakashi showed favouritism in manga. The only thing that could even come close to it was teaching only Sasuke Chidori, but that was vital necesisty.
    Second... the ability to copy jutsu does not mean you can do them correctly. Maybe you can copy some medical jutsu, but that does not mean you can operate a patient with a torn kidney. More purely academical skills are needed. Experience is also a must and you cant steal it with doujutsu. Dont overpower Sharingan or and other doujutsu - Kishi already did that for us. No need to make the berers of eye techniques godlike.

15. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Not to mention that I think it said somewhere that only people with the Sharingan can even use it...

16. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Yes.

Minato says that Kakashi shouldn't use the Chidori in combat until he got Obito's Sharingan.

The Chidori requires the user to move at incredible speed towards his target and results in tunnel vision and an inability to react to counters.

The Sharingan overcomes those shortcomings.

17. Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca First Year

Ideas on how his eyes can help him with chakra manipulation like his father rasengan? Naruto trying to learn how use medicinal ninjustu later on to help with his chakra control. From what been shown in last chapter of wild world he used his eyes to help himself with tree climbing exercise. By watching sakura climb tree first help him measure amount of chakra he need to run up tree. what I was trying to say was could he trying to learn medical ninjustu help his chakra control.

sorry about bad grammar and syntax

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  18. Ksai

Ksai Third Year

What?

Ok. English is not my native language. And I do make lots of mistakes... But my command of it is probably not enough to understand what you've written.

Just WTF ?

19. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

I'm pretty sure it's saying that Naruto can use his eyes to learn more chakra control exercises like tree climbing to improve his control to the point where he can perform medical jutsus properly.

From what I understand about the eye, I don't think this would work. Even though it shows how the spiritual energy is being manipulated, it doesn't automatically allow you to use it correctly. That's my 2 piece.

20. Tezcatlipoca

Tezcatlipoca First Year

Whenever later on information about eyes come out and sense naruto has different mindset does anyone think people like Danzo or other shinobi will try to gain favor with naruto? Will people then assume fox cause change to his eyes fearing naruto and mistrust him more?