1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Wonder Woman

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Celestin, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Since we got a poster and possibly will get a trailer today, we may as well start a thread for this film.

[​IMG]

Bright colours in DC film? Loving it.

2. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    They might reveal something at comic con. The actress needs to tone up a bit for better fit the role, he arms a bit flabby.

3. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

4. AlbusPHolmes

AlbusPHolmes The Alchemist

Looks pretty sweet, without any of the forced grim-dark theme DC has been suffusing their movies with so far. Stoked for it.

5. Inert

Inert Headmaster

I'll never understand the need for shoehorned humor in trailers, or even in movies like this in general.

But I fuck with it. Wonder when the outrage about body image expectations is gonna start around Gal Gadot, though...if it hasn't already.

6. sage1000

sage1000 Fourth Year

Thought that happened when she was first announced and when the first image of her in costume came out. Now she has already won people over with BvS and everyone should be used to her by now.

7. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    link for the trailer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgk_63b-Mrw

Gal Gadot is beautiful woman but she does not have the body of a wonder woman. She looks the same as she did in the fast and furious franchise. Maybe have her tone up a bit and put on some muscle. WW trained her entire life as a warrior, her actor should look like she did as well.

Also since when did wonder woman have a Israeli accent?

8. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Like anyone can even tell what an Israel accent sounds like, or what a Hellenic one ought to. She's been perfect for the role and continues to be perfect from what we've been shown.

9. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    You are like a year behind. This argument has been had (and subsequently solved) before and during BvS.

Trailer was okay. Gadot bombs it as WW but I never liked Trevor's character, so eh. Hopefully movie will be good.

10. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Liked the trailer, the lasso looks amazing. Hopefully there won't be much of a forced romance, or any romance, for that matter, but still, exited for now. Looking forward to the movie.

11. Idiot Rocker

Idiot Rocker Auror

Eh. It's already started. See the first post in this thread.

On topic, seems like a DC movie I'd actually want to see. I've never really been into WW, but something about the way she was presented in Snyder's latest death fest was appealing.

12. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

It looks way better than the Justice League movie. Like, way, way better.

In fact, this might be the first DCCU movie I'll actually see.

13. Longsword

Longsword Banned

I hope that there would not be too many scenes showing mass combat. Seeing fantasy characters on screen dishing it out with shells falling and machine guns is weird.

14. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Looks like, after catching shit for two drab as hell movies in a row, WB are finally listening to the fans (or the financial reports, anyway) and making Wonder Woman's costume a bit brighter.

Then again, with that gray "world war" palette, it would be hard for the outfit not to look a little bright by comparison.

The glowing lasso is cool. Her theme music still kind of makes me chuckle, though.

You misspelled "potentially awesome."

15. R. E. Lee

R. E. Lee Groundskeeper

I've never had any problems understanding her when she speaks, but that was a common complaint from some of my friends. I don't know if her English is getting better or if they just selected the right clips, but her accent was much more intelligible in the trailers for Wonder Woman and Justice League.

16. onetruegeek

onetruegeek Squib

As an Israeli I can say we are very proud of Gal Gadot.

17. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

As an American male, I can say I'm proud of you guys producing her. Goddamn.

18. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    She looks considerably buffer than she did in BvS, which is nice. I bet her training regimen is hell on earth.

19. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

One of the fitness magazines my daughter gets said that she gained around 20lb of muscle for BvS alone, and I agree, she looks in way better shape now. Poor girl must have to eat like a horse to put on all that.

20. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Let me dash your hopes. This a DC movie and a summer blockbuster. Ham fisted romance is pretty much unavoidable. Trever story arc + hot generic main guy + hot main chick = guaranteed romance. All we can hope for is that it won't be the focus of the story and Trever won't be the Lois Lane of the Wonder Woman movie.

I don't really understand the complaints about Wonder Womans body either. She hasn't always been buff and she's a clay doll brought to life by Zues. Even if you think that she doesn't look exactly like what you think Wonder Woman should look like, if you can overlook all the other magic/superpower crap, can't you just assume that she's strong cause she's magic?

Anyway, looking forward to this movie. Wonder Woman was the highlight of BvS so it's nice to see that DC and WB plan to pull their head out their asses. I wish it was rated R though, so I could see Wonder Woman decapitating Nazi's but I guess I'll have to live with her strangling them instead.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016