1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm - Tattletale centric

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Nerox, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Nerox

Nerox High Inquisitor

See title. Looking for good stories with Tattletale as the main character. Thanks in advance!

2. salts

salts Third Year

First one off the top of my head - Tattletale Investigates. Premise doesn't follow canon, so don't expect flashy, epic battles. Think of Rowling's Silkworm and Cuckoo's Calling. Sadly, it's dead and fairly short, IIRC.

Edit: Ah, snap. It's told in Taylor's perspective. But Lisa does play a big part of the story.

3. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

That would be hard to get right. First you'd have to quiz Wildbow [or deduce from canon] how Tt's shard decides which answers to give her. Some of it is amazing, such as passwords she has no right knowing, and other times it's less so. I don't think it's random, even if it can appear that way.

4. Nerox

Nerox High Inquisitor

That's why I am interested in the first place. Tt's power is so stupidly overpowered, so I thought surely someone gave it a shot. I also liked Lisa's character and wondered if someone filled her background a bit more or something.

Also thanks Baggins, going to read that, it sounds like a fun premise.

5. Stan

Stan Order Member

This is excellent.

The Girls Who Can't Unplug: We have our rules and stick to them. Amy because, like ivy, she needs scaffolding to build herself up. Me? Because they make for more opportunities for fun than chaos does. Although if I was being brutally honest with myself, and it's hard not to be, it's because those rules are the only thing that keep this game between us going. (AU; pre-series divergence.)

Amy/Lisa oneshot. It has what you're looking for.

6. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

From what I read, her shard was like Sherlock Holmes on massive steroids and without the training, lab-work, and education needed. Instead of looking for clues to make conclusions, they just jump out at her.

However, she did have to work for some things like phone numbers, passwords, and things she had no business knowing off-the-cuff, hence her whole computer set up and constant need for information, so she could run across those 'clues' a lot easier.

The clues had to be there though. If she didn't have enough information then she'd draw the wrong conclusions or it would be a jumbled mess. Alternately, too much information led to conflicting conclusions and Thinker-headaches.

I've read a lot of stories where nothing like that existed; she just randomly pulled shit out of her ass. She may have looked like she could do that, but from what I saw, a lot of her revelations and conclusions were accomplished behind the scenes with a lot of research on whatever subject she was interested in at the time. (i.e. knowing Glory Girl's shield would fall temporarily if she was shot, and knowing Amy's dad was Marquis, etc. She didn't just pull that out of a hat, I assume. She studied them and did her research.)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  7. yak

So, if you were using a completely randomised password as a server login [no guessing a pet's name, no looking at a keypad to see worn buttons, etc] and Tattletale didn't have access to you [no reading reactions or micro-expressions], then she wouldn't be able to guess the password because she has nothing to go off?

8. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

Initially, that's correct, I surmise. However, she'd eventually be able to find a way around it, in another direction, back door, or whatever. That's the OP'ness of her power. Given enough time and avenues of information, she'll figure a way in.

9. Nerox

Nerox High Inquisitor

To get back on topic, I liked both stories. The oneshot was good, but sadly only a oneshot. Tt Investigates started out as a fun premise and turned serious really quickly. Nice mystery and I quite like the writing. So thanks for those recommendations, chaps. Keep 'em coming.

10. yak

If you think that it's 3/5 or better, then please put it up for review.

11. Nerox

Nerox High Inquisitor

I can do it if Baggins doesn't want to. After all he found the story in the first place.