1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WWE wrestling

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Nae, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Fag.

:awesome

I don't miss him. Now, Sean O'Haire in his old gimmick would be great...

2. Dilla

Dilla Seventh Year

http://www.wrestlinggonewrong.com/

:awesome

Edit: On the WWE, I haven't really watched since MVP got buried, I think that that was like two years ago. . .so yeah. And I got pissed that they moved Colt Cabana up, only to make him a jobber.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  3. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

Seeing as how I have a wrestling blog and all, I feel as if I'm obligated to post in this thread, and I really couldn't find a better way to post other than a Royal Rumble Preview. Obviously, I can't post the entire preview (have to get you fuckers to click somehow) but I will post some of the preview here.

Edge (Champion) vs. Dolph Ziggler
    Singles Match for the World Heavyweight Championship[

[​IMG]

Matches like these are one of the reasons as to why the Royal Rumble is one of my favorite PPV's of the year. Normally, you wouldn't get to see an upper midcarder like Ziggler get a title shot at a major PPV but since the Royal Rumble match itself is the big attraction of the PPV, they can put guys like Ziggler in a title match to reward him for being one of the best wrestlers during the past year. His series of matches with Daniel Bryan, the heat he draws with Vickie Guerrero and his overall improvement have shown that Dolph Ziggler clearly has the goods to one day become a World Champion. With this match against Edge, he has the opportunity to show Vince and the management just what he can bring to the table in a main event match. If Ziggler does well, we will see him become a World Champion before the year ends ala Jeff Hardy 2008. As for his chances against Edge on Sunday...... Yeah, I don't forsee Dolph going into Mania or Elimination Chamber as the World Heavyweight Champion

Prediction - Edge Retains the World Heavyweight Championship

The Miz (Champion) vs. Randy Orton
    Singles Match for the WWE Championship

[​IMG]

As I stated above (on my blog, there is an preface before the predictions), the the thought of a main event featuring Randy Orton vs John Cena at Wrestlemania 27 terrifies me which is why I will be fervently rooting for The Miz to pull out a victory. I believe there is a very good chance that he will be able to do so since the company, particularly Vince McMahon, is really high on him. The Miz has been nothing but spectacular in his time as the WWE Champion. As usual, he has been stellar on the mic when he has been called on to do a promo. When provided with a quality opponent (ie John Morrison) he has delivered spectacular matches. In fact, his match against Morrison that started off the New Year on Raw is an early Match of the Year candidate (see below). Away from the wrestling ring, he has done more publicity work that any other wrestler barring maybe John Cena. I think the WWE rewards The Miz as they have a very interesting match for him at Wrestlemania. For clearence purposes, I'm not being cryptic for the sake of being cryptic, my Royal Rumble pick should make it a lot clearer.

Prediction - The Miz Retains the WWE Championship

[​IMG]

40 Man Match Royal Rumble Match

This is what you have all been waiting for, this was what you came to read. Unfortunately, as any good Communications major knows, you have to tease everyone a bit before giving the big reveal up which is why we are going to go through a list of guys who will either a) have no fucking shot what so ever b) possible surprise entrants c) possibly returning from injury d) workhorses of the match or e) Serious Contenders.

E - Serious Contenders

Alberto Del Rio - Do I expect it to happen? No. However, I would not be surprised if Del Rio actually managed to win the Royal Rumble. He is one of the few men who has consistently been appearing on both Raw and Smackdown, the audience is aware of who he is and he gets a tremendous amount of heat with the Mexican JBL gimmick. Usually, his matches are good, and he is damn entertaining to watch. Barring injury, I have no doubt that he will be a Champion on one of the main brands in the upcoming year. I just don't think the WWE is willing to put him in a Wrestlemania Main event this soon.

CM Punk - Arguably, he is the best heel in the company. For my money, he is the best talker in the company, he consistently puts on great matches. Hell, two weeks ago, Punk and Cena put on a wonderful match that actually felt worth of a main event slot. Right now, he has leadership over the hottest faction in the WWE. It appears as if the time is right for the first ever Straight Edge Royal Rumble winner. Unfortunately, I don't think it will happen due to the man below.

John Cena - As much as it pains me to type this, I think John Cena will be winning the Royal Rumble on Sunday. From there on out, he will go on to face The Miz at Wrestlemania. Why? Ever since he won the title, The Miz has constantly said that he felt disrespected even though he has been champion. No one has shown greater disrespect to The Miz than John Cena. After all, Cena has come out and publicly stated that a worthy main event at Wrestlemania, for him, would be facing Randy Orton for the title. You have your title program built up right there as The Miz can go on to Wrestlemania and prove that he is worthy to be there by beating John Cena, who would be the victor of the biggest Royal Rumble ever.

Prediction - John Cena overcomes the odds once again

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
    Nae
  4. Nae

Nae The Violent

Nice Blog.

See, things like this keep me away from WWE no matter how much I try to get back into it. The Miz is the champion? Comeon...

And, even though I haven't watched it in months, I'll bet you Cena is not winning the Royal Rumble. Call it intuition. :D

5. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

I was hoping that Owen Hart came down from the rafters as a surprise entrant :|

6. Hashasheen

... Damn. That was low. :awesome

@Nael'bis: Considering the Rumble was on Sunday, you're so wrong it's not even funny. :)

7. Nae

Nae The Violent

Not cool man.

And that's exactly what I meant to say. :p

8. cloud91

cloud91 Fourth Year

Ya I know what you mean I haven't really watched an entire raw since HBK retired. God I miss the Attitude era.

9. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

I guess you're right. I would've prefered Chris Benoit coming down instead.

10. Hashasheen

Would you have gotten all choked up?

11. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  12. Hashasheen

13. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

So, anyone else mark the fuck out when The Rock showed up on RAW? Shit man. I've forgotten just how amazing he is on the mic. He eviscerated Cena, Miz and Cole. I actually feel bad for them. They are decent talkers, but if they try to do a promo with The Rock at the same time he'll embarrass them like he did to Hogan years ago. Well, I'm sold. I guess I'm buying WM this year.

14. Hashasheen

Just watched the show. Marked out heavily, but I'm not buying Wrestlemania. I don't buy any PPVs. ;)

15. Nae

Nae The Violent

Just watched the video on youtube, and damn...he's still awesome as hell. Dunno how long he plans to stay. He can say 'I'm back forever' as much as he wants,he's not leaving Hollywood. It was good to see him. Still one of the, if not the best,most captivating talkers I've seen on television.

Oh, and buying PPVs? LOL. I'll just wait it out and my network will show it anyways. Have never bought any PPV. Infact, didn't even knew you were supposed to pay extra for them when I used to watch wwe. :awesome

16. Hashasheen

Trish Stratus is back. The greatest Diva in the history of the company has returned and is not missing a step. If you'll excuse me, I'll be in my bunk.

17. Hashasheen

Daniel Bryan has won Money in the Bank.

Christian is a two-time World Heavyweight Champion.

CM Punk has just left the WWE while still WWE Champion.

... I do believe the Internet just blew its load.

Edit: For those with no clue what I'm talking about, Money in the Bank is a pay-per-view show for the WWE that allows two wrestlers to win a briefcase allowing them to cash in on any title whenever they want. Daniel Bryan is one of the greatest wrestlers in the world to not have been made by the WWE before joining them, Christian is one of the greatest wrestlers never to win a world title for over 17 years before he one once back in April and now in July. CM Punk was working a storyline about him leaving the WWE with the WWE Championship once his contract expired (true story), and just beat John Cena for the title in his home town, and then exited the arena with the title before Vince McMahon could do anything.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  18. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

Yeah, definitely one of the best shows they've put on in a long long time.

I was marking out like a little bitch at the end of the Punk match

19. Hashasheen

It all depends on how they do things tonight on Raw. Sink or swim, really.

Also: COLT CABANA! :awesome

20. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

I think Ace Steel was there as well. Second City Saints reunion ftw :D