1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Jenkins, Dec 16, 2008.

1. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

This isn't near as tragic as the comic books. Almost every woman he cares for or touches pretty much dies. Rose, Silverfox, Mariko, Jean, and random women that have come into contact with him over the years.

As the current plot of Wolverine, he has his memories back by way of M-Day. But in the movies, he doesn't get his memories back.

2. Tarnished Blade

Tarnished Blade Professor

I think its safe to say in the Marvel Universe, if you mess around with Adamantium or the Weapon X program, you're gonna get your brain fucked with.

Case in point.

3. Big D on a Diet

Big D on a Diet Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Shit movie was shit. The action was too cartoony, the pacing was unbelievably terrible, and the writers didn't have the balls to show Wolverine out of control. I counted exactly zero drops of blood in the entire movie. Seriously, Logan would gut some poor sap, pull his claws out of the guy's corpse, and they'd still be shiny and clean... what the fuck is that?

Liev Schreiber's portrayal was completely wasted. He was good enough that they could have created a great brother/brother rivalry, but they never really let him be the bad guy.

The less said about Gambit the better.

4. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Lol. Why did you think there would be any sort of realistic blood-letting in a PG-13 movie?

5. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

* clears throat *
    Back when I was young (and the world was new,) comic books didn't have much gore. In this context, "much" means "any." Comic books were a lot like TV cartoons with Buggs Bunny - lots of violence, but no one really gets *hurt.* Obviously. If Batman or Joker took any of the hits we are showed in the books, they'd be lucky to simply be maimed.

6. Big D on a Diet

Big D on a Diet Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Taken and Dark Knight were PG-13, and the violence was much more realistic in both. It can be done if you make the effort, but the action in this movie was impossible to take seriously, and killed the suspension of disbelief.

I also have huge problems with the way the plot was sequenced, but I'm too sleepy to bother now.

7. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

Batman used to be pretty hardcore back in the day:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

... wow.

The movie was so corny, predictable and cartoony it was almost a parody. Deadpool was awesome in the start, but the end was just pure shit. It looked like something they threw together at a high school costume contest.

Sabertooth's claws and stupid jump/crawl move were horrible.

Silver fox was fucking HOOOOOOOOOTTTTT.