1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Young Justice Fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Knyght, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Superboy, like in the show, is dating Miss Martian. In the renegade snippets, the SI is dating a woman, in case that reassures you.

Keep in mind that the story is posted on spacebattles, so, no graphic scenes either way. I honestly think him being bisexual was pretty well handled over all, so yeah, no "full slash" so far.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  2. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

The bissexuality was handled pretty well. Just the single mindness and possessiveness he felt about Superboy that really annoyed me, it was creepy as hell, man lr woman. But he stopped that by where I am, even if I saw nothing between Miss Martian and Superboy yet.

3. Alraune

Alraune Seventh Year

RenkonNairu
    Her het YJ fics are pretty good from what I remember.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  4. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Okay, so I'm 9 pages into (story only) now and I definitely see some huge problems here. The writing is technically great, but it wanks on and on about him trying to solve all problems, doesn't nearly focus on the characters as it should, specially considering the source and it’s creator style. When he interecfs with someone it’s mostly to show how better he is. Gardner seems like a much better character than he.

1- The protagonist is very arrogant. Extremely so. I can't say much more to that than that he is a prick. Thebpart where he teaches Batman about being a decent detective explains itself.

2- He is overpowered and never loses. Tactically, power wise, everything. He only doesn't have the lead role because he doesn't want it. He never lost. His only loss was dues to the error of others.

3- For a huge fan comic book, he sure doesn't give a fuck about them, except token first time reactions.

4- He fixes everything. He is always right. Always. Even when he is wrong he is mostly right, he never fucks up or nothing ever comes back to bite him (hard enough to matters). He is now more useful and powerful than Reed Richards, Doctor Strange and Doom put together.

5- Finally, the worse sin. He is boring, bland most of the times, and for a Orange Latern he sure as hell doesn't show a lot of desire except yelling MINE at random stuff. Even the way he vocalizes his thought and actions is like he is describing a field trip. No emotions.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  5. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Yeah, I've stalled at page 10 (story only) because of these. :(

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  6. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

That is not the case anymore. Recently a no name villian took OL down and stole the ring -he got it back granted- but he did lose and badly. Best part was it was due his own arrogance he walked in to a villians den and got served.

Edit: More to point Joker too almost got OL down before that.

7. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

That just makes it worse. By now he already took down half of YJ villain roster and more, and the only time he loses is not due to the merit of anyone else, but because he thinks himself as God.

I mentioned how that nothing bites him permanently, and that is still true, and he only lost because of him, no one else gets any credit. He improves everyone lives and power, he wants to forcibly jumpstart what he sees as Evolution (because uplifiting works sooo well) and can only criticise everything about DC and heroes in general, is he really a fan?

Seems more to me that he dislikes it quite a bit. Except Swamp Thing and Constantine, they get a Sue make up, specially Constatine that really did horrible stuff

8. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Eh. The main thing that seems to be driving that is not any sort of distaste for the universe, but rather that, for whatever reason, the author has decided that the almost-completely-static state of the DC universe is because everyone in it is a complete idiot, rather than any of the many equally valid handwaves for comic contrivances.

It's mildly annoying, but it's no more ridiculous than the premise that something some guy built in a cave from a box of scraps couldn't be recreated/mass-produced by a government-funded lab designed to do just that, so it doesn't bother me that much.