1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Why would you think that?

:thinking:

2. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

It's 6am and I didn't sleep yet so bedtime for me.

But yeah barring some random shit going down whilst I'm away, gonna go re-read owner and Jari to start with. dC to follow, unless someone wants me to look at dC first or something.

3. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Should we start claiming "not it" or something? Like, either "not UT" or "not UT or mal is <least interesting alignment here>"

Like, the way I see it we have these options:
    - Request UT claim (and treat UT claims later as scum!UT if UT refuses to)
    - Request UT claim iff mal's alignment is one of <list>
    - Leave it up to the UT's judgment
    - Not request UT claim

and I'm not sure which one works best? Kinda think I lean the third one actually, everything else seems like it has potentially shitty outcomes. (gutfeel is UT is dead or scum so I kinda think it's mostly pointless anyway, since I am guessing UT would have claimed by now. Like, scum!mal we want to know we hit, town!mal we want to know we were wrong b/c of how much worldbuilding currently assumes scum!mal)

4. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I was in almost every 2010-2015 online hunt.

...... Like, period. I didn't play the GITP ones, I didn't play on here, and I think that's it! If I wasn't playing, I was spectating, so saying that "I was involved in almost every online Witchhunt for five years" isn't really a stretch to say.

I know what someone softclaiming looks like.

dichotomousCreator

Not yet.

---------- Post automerged at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Also, because you're here and I decided to go find it....

http://forum.chocolatepi.net/showthread.php?tid=396&pid=78917#pid78917

dC's first interaction with me in a hunt. (this is how we met.)

5. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Alright, I guess there's not really a hurry yet anyway.

6. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    That is two and a half years old and highly out of date and also my first game ever so I had no idea what I was doing

I almost didn't want to read it out of embarrassment :V

7. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    That feel when the thread gets so long that automerge breaks down because even it can't read that many posts, and it's a robot.

8. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    BEEP BEEP MEATBAG POSTING RATE HAS REACHED EXCESSIVE LEVELS NUTS TO THIS

This is a bunch of lowercase text because uppercase text is needed for robot dialogue but we are not supposed to make allcaps posts.

9. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Now I wanna find everyone else... but my first games with a lot of you were on MSPAF. Acio, definitely. Fonti and Vaimes, probably.

I guess... first game with Citrus would be on FS? Mal, too. That might work.

Also, Dersehunt observer chats are a good thing to post, in lieu of threads (rip).
    Honestly never thought about just posting the quicktopics... :facepalm

10. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

In world 2, though, why do Angels ever put a save on Rubicon? Like, they get the info that Rubicon was Haunted. They know if Rubicon's shot at, it's going to be a role kill and he'll die whatever they do, so why do they put the protect on him? There's no upside.

Worlds 1 and 3 though have them essentially burning the IK for wine on Day 3, which is. Ehhhh. Unlikely, it feels like?

Maaaaaybe Angels could have been gambling on a Pagan activation?

World 3 is just... no. It leaves open the possibility that Rubicon lives, which is blatantly bad there.

Feel like I'm missing something here.

11. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Read my post about it.

12. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Unless I'm misreading, world 2 does not require Rubicon to be haunted.

13. Newcomb

True.

So in that world it's just as simple as, Haunts were whoever, Angels protected Rubicon, witches rolekilled Rubicon?

I can buy that, yeah.

14. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Where did everyone go?

I'm bored.

15. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    See this is kinda why I didn't want to camp out for UT to say something. If they're dead/scum/choosing not to reveal, the thread kinda dies :v

16. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    We can talk about other things.

Directing the Hunter, for instance.

Good idea? Bad idea? I don't know current meta.

17. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    In theory yes, but a bunch of people basically said "stop talking about everything until UT is resolved"

In this case I imagine it'd be something like "the person to aim the Hunter at varies based on mal's alignment!"

---------- Post automerged at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

In terms of actually DOING it...I remember WH12 there was an exploit to do with them and protecting their target (and thus angels getting info back to the living). Is that patched, like Angels can't protect from Hunter shot or something?

Assuming it's not possible this time, I'm not sure what the meta is with it either. Directing this sort of thing is usually optimal, but at the same time that just turns it into a second lynch in which case we might as well make it "Hunter should shoot the second biggest wagon"

18. Newcomb

The thing about directing the Hunter shot is that we're not getting a Hunter /claim/, I'm assuming, since rolekill. Half the point of the shot getting directed is the person taking responsibility for it.

And yeah, dC, Angels protect against NK only, now.

Hm, this is actually a kind of potentially sticky, interesting situation. I was going to suggest a separate vote we'd informally take for who the Hunter would shoot, but it's potentially awkward in some worlds. Just off the top of my head, Agent Hunter and the vote goes onto their partner.

So if we did that, we'd have to leave room at the end of the day and potentially get claims, which is its own problem.

On the other hand, half the reason for having a set target is that it forces a potential witch Hunter to either shoot a town-directed target or scumfirm themselves. But since they're not claiming, uh, they'd just do that, probably?

Fuck this now I'm remembering the part of these setups that I hate

[​IMG]

---------- Post automerged at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

Yeah I think if we're going to direct the shot we actually need a claim and eat the rolekill if the Hunter's town down the line.

If we're not going to direct the shot we can still talk about who we think the town Hunter should shoot but we just eat a free witch kill in witch!Hunter worlds and that's pretty shit.

Ehh.

I'll grant the rolekill makes things more fluid, Kai, it's really not helping with making these games not mechanical bullethell levels.

---------- Post automerged at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Like, just holistically, counter the number of words that have been about mechanics today vs. behavioral analysis. It's not great.

---------- Post automerged at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

*count

/10char

---------- Post automerged at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Plus, in witch!dC worlds he's just gobbling this shit up as cover, all day long.

---------- Post automerged at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

Can someone speak up if they have a Miner read they feel conviction about, one way or another? And either lay it our or link something.

19. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    Well, if Mal's town, the rolekill has already been used (more than likely?)

I guess there's a nonzero chance we're in world 3 and the witches want us to think it's world 2 so claims are safe...

20. Newcomb

Derpclear quintuple denied

Rolekill is not one-use like IK is, it's at will.

---------- Post automerged at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Wait, I'm right about that, right?