1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Witch Hunt #9 Halftime Edition

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jan, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Silver, tell me why owner is a wolf. Tell me why I'm wrong on her. You're a similar player, you vibe with this kind of mindset read. Where am I wrong?

---------- Post automerged at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Jesus christ do you people realize I get an email every time I get @ mentioned?

I am clearly here, no need to blow me up.

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hold on. I asked you for a read on Owner first. Can you give a read on her without the EoD stuff before shifting the burden of proof to someone else now?

I want to see your read in a vacuum on her, I'd really appreciate you saying anything before pinging silver for his read on her

---------- Post automerged at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Apologies for the multi-emails (if it makes you feel better, I've already past flooded email inbox with this game myself)

3. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:

That's actually hilarious.

At this rate, Kai will never actually get to play his setup because everyone is always asking him for help and he's like "can a dude play in peace guys come on".

We can be in a four witch world where witches did not use illusion kill. Just... throwing that out there.

AND YES, THAT'S WHY I DON'T WANT HUNTER PLANS.

(In before it was actually IK and this entire thread is wolfy because Hunter will never go off.)

... I think we need to sort our mechanics.

---------- Post automerged at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

I thought that was Spiritualist Plans, not Hunter Plans. Whoops.

Insert Fable's post about thread sanity here.

-

Anyone else on team "Hunter Plans Are Bad, You Guys" or are we actually... going to...

I have a bad feeling about this.

I've had a bad feeling since the Mal lynch was able to achieve maj, tbh.

If we wake up toMorrow and the game immediately ends, remember me.

4. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I think it's probably w/w. My scumread group is mal/Owner/Citrus/Fable/Jarizok at this point, obviously one of these at least is town but I think they're all at 50+% scum? Most likely exception to that is probably you, actually, since I don't think you've pinged me for some time. If I had to guess all five scum now it'd be tom/mal/Owner/Fable/Jarizok, at least.

It's kinda weird because I'm not confident in READS on mal/Owner but they just kind of fall into the PoE behind people who are actually making themselves useful.

Oh hang on yeah, this is a thing. Wait and did I fuck up my math I thought we were at 14 alive? (17 minus tom, dyachei...fuck I forgot Rubicon, yeah ok I did). Ok so two bonus kills would end the game early. Assasasin exists and could hit Fable if Fable is town and Assassin is scum...and if a town DOB hits another townie, yeah technically the game could end if the Hunter misses.

Unless the Hunter shoots Fable, in which case we are both less likely to cause something stupid to happen with the DOB and scum Assassin has to hit someone else if Fable is town.

...kinda leaning towards that, honestly.

RE: reads...okay, I'm starting to see why mal's alignment is pivotal for PoE rather than associations b/c if I start assuming town!mal then suddenly it's either exactly tom/Owner/Citrus/Fable/Jarizok or the PoE I have is wrong.

Bleh. I think the immediate game end is vanishingly unlikely, but at the same time I think maybe we should just aim the Hunter at Fable and fuck it.

5. Newcomb

Yeah, I can definitely give you a read on someone while discounting the thing I'm reading them on.

There is no "burden of proof." There's no /proof./ This is a guessing game. I think owner's EoD reads post was unlikely to come from a wolf, because it didn't read like she was trying to save herself, and it didn't read with an agenda.

She's town for essentially the same reason Wei is, with about the same level of like... care. Wei is thinking through the game. Owner's posting without an agenda and without kowtowing to things that she would think as a witch might save her.

If you're expecting an in-depth ISO on owner or anyone else for that matter I think you've really got the wrong idea about how invested in this particular game I am.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Wasn't asking for an iso, and the kowtowing point is useful (and something I'll ponder a bit now), so it was worth asking.

7. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Obligatory "why have we always assumed Fable was trueclaiming" post, because right now is definitely the time for more wine.

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Huh. Hunter pointing at Fable is. Huh.

Should we start taking votes for preferred hunter shot in general?

Actually, I like the idea of taking votes for preferred shot in general. What if we direct hunter to shoot someone and they don't, and demons blow their protection because they thought their witch would get shot. The lolz are real

9. Newcomb

Hunter shot: beruru is my vote.

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Beruru you're being a little overly paranoid. If he fake-claimed as scum he needs to die anyways. I don't want to entertain fake-claimed-as-town worlds because he was pretty likely to get lynched there D1 and someone could have cc'd him. Other explanations are even more out there or -EV so we don't need to go there

---------- Post automerged at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Did you have more than this on beruru elsewhere, or could you talk me through why you think beruru is a good shot?

~Shoot Fable~

HUNTER TALLY:
    Beruru (1): Newcomb
    Fable (1): Citrus

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I guess my problem is I have leantown or null on too many people? Like, there's this list of {Kai, Vaimes, Newcomb, Silver, maaaybe Miner} that I consider more town than the "passive or active lurker plus a bit of scumminess" soup that is mal/Owner, so they end up out of the PoE as a result.

Yeah, that. Doubt he fakeclaims as town, and as scum we still want to shoot him :v

It is not bear season, poaching is prohibited.

---------- Post automerged at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

Pew Pew: Fable

12. Newcomb

Has the thought ever crossed your mind that, say, beruru's words and deeds seem to indicate that she's incredibly concerned with how she comes across to the thread?

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Shoot Fable pls.

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Can you clarify this a bit further? My brain's a bit fuzzy and I'm not positive I'm understanding the way you mean

15. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I could still be sold on "don't shoot" though, I think? We should maybe even default to that if there's no solid consensus.

16. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    My current Role Plan Opinion Zone is:

If we do any Role Plans then Spiritualist Plan has to be first, imo.
    This is because I really want to know if Hunter Plans is potentially/definitely gamethrowing... obviously.
    If Mal is town, Hunter should never shoot period.
    If Mal is scum, Hunter should shoot with discretion.

Town!Hunter should probably never shoot if we don't get a Spiritualist reveal.

I'm currently hoping that Hunter is dead, by the way.

-

Okay, so "Fable is the Zealot who didn't get role-killed N1" is something we're treating as confirmed?

Also, one sec.

KaiDASH.

You.

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

HUNTER TALLY:
    Fable (3): Citrus, dC, Vaimes
    Beruru (1): Newcomb

Don't forget to keep this up-to-date if I'm not around to do so, because the mods aren't going to do them with vote-counts

18. Newcomb

Actually, I'm withdrawing my vote.

I think if I were the Hunter I'd shoot beruru, but on principle I'm not a fan of actually making it a formal vote here.

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

On principle it's -EV or like why?

20. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Newcomb. I still want to know what the solution is where we're both town, because right now, for me, it's just PoE...