1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I need to stare at words until they make sense.

... Also.

The three groups are "played a lot of mountainous/have done a lot of mountainous related strategy talks and discussions/active spectated the majority of S4", "possibly played this setup before but haven't really thought too much about strategy, maybe picked out a few things", and "haven't done anything mountainous related at all, maybe one game or a little thinking about it."

Btw.

I would have worded the categories slightly differently yesterDay, but yeah.

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    How would you group the player list under those 3 labels and what does it mean to you in terms of solving the game?

3. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I posted about it, but I didn't actually have any ongoing conversations about it. Nobody decided to pick it up. People had discussions with each other about it, but not me, iirc.

It didn't really jump out at me until I actually had time to sit down and stare at the vote spreadsheet, no. I saw the generated votal while rereading ISOs and was like, shit. This might actually be a thing.

4. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I'm gonna have to double check in context, but I have memory of Asmo and GH discussing their preferred wagon being Fluff pretty late into D1, which I don't feel like you really addressed until this phase, which surprises me since you seem to feel strongly about it.

5. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Do it yourself, based on your estimation of yourself, imo. There's at least 3 people in group 1, including me, though I'm the only person there who hasn't actually *played* this setup before.

As for solving... It's more of "how people are going to play". There's shit people might do that I would expect them to know not to do, etc.
    --- Post automerged ---
    There wasn't time for an actual case to be put forward and for people to do proper evaluation and balancing, not to mention the time required to produce a third option.

It's one of the reasons I thought that Asmo and Jari were together, though... ?

6. Delphine

Delphine First Year

As a follow-up -- why not, and do you still feel that way?

To summarize my read on you,
    - I find your reaction tests exhibitionist and distended.

- In general I have trouble relating to the things you are noticing about the thread and why - from the subjects of those reaction tests, to the beruru tea leaf DLP meta read (x), to some kinda bland "doing their own thing" reads you've given, to your reasoning for backburnering Fable this phase.
    -> I do feel to some extent this is because you're so anchored around your beruru read and they're the one person I've intentionally backburnered the most due to limited time.

- You seem tonally pretty detached, which I associate more with your scumgame (somewhat small sample size). This for instance felt like going through the motions of trying to work with toptowns than anything. Also this austere commentary.
    -> Albeit this is less true as you've begun to push Fluff/felt a bit of pressure EOD1. (Though on that note, uh, how frequently are you wagoned as town on D1?)

- I find it weird that you specifically took time to state that flips would help you read me D2 and then didn't seem to take flips into consideration.

vote: GH

7. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

Delphine:

In general no, still not yet. I don't want to turn this thread into a "GH details the intricate points of exactly what he does and does not find comforting about this specific new environment" so I'm not going to go further than that. I hope you understand.

In general I don't get in voting trouble until the late game, if at all, regardless of alignment.

And I haven't really seriously re-evaluated you since the start of D2 and I'm not going to force something just because someone is pressuring me to.

8. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Is it okay if I actually request this? I mean, not a series of posts, but one long one might be ok.

9. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

Eh, still feel uncomfortable with it on principle. Would prefer to save for postgame.

Maybe late tomorrow when I'm back on desktop.

10. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Fair enough. I do think it would considerably clarify your mindset.

11. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

@Rubicon, make your case on me clear. Share your thoughts.
    You throwing shade without building on your case or responding to what I've written is causing me to tinfoil my read on you, perhaps unnecessarily.

Every point you list for the basis of your vote has been addressed. You said, "Strongly dislike the way Asmo set up the shift onto beruru yesterday and in general it just doesn't make sense to me based on the things he wrote about beru early in the day, which strike me as still true. Also dislike "Is this why you killed her?""

Fable asked me directly about "the things (I) wrote about Beru", and asked whether I still believed them. I said I did. Did you read that post? Please respond to how it factors into your read of me.

I've already talked about my push on Beru extensively. I liked what I got from it. Did you read that post? You must have. How did it factor into your read of me?

I don't like that you aren't addressing these posts and maintaining FoS without making a case, despite your points having been addressed. It's one thing to wait to elaborate because the person you're suspecting hasn't responded yet, but it's entirely another to ignore responses and explanations when they don't fit your tunnel. You told Miner, "it's time to reveal your cards". It's about time you do the same.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Rubicon - why do you think fable is that town?

I am trying to cement my towncircle and there is some waffling in regards to his slot. Any input in that regard would be very much appreciated. (Be it quoting old things you said that still apply or just a new post of your own)

I will be in my fortress of saltytude for a little while longer to let the thread breath a bit without my influence, then thoughts.

13. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

@Delphine hey, you here for a minute?
    I notice you haven't really talked about Fluff since you got here today. From what I gather, his posts in this phase are rather uncharacteristic of typical Fluff (as either alignment)
    You said you had more familiarity with Fluff than some others in this playerlist.
    Mind sharing your thoughts on his phase so far?

14. Delphine

Delphine First Year

It's very frustrating to have the entirety of my play reduced to the word "inactive." I want to get some emotional distance/sleep before delving too far into whether that was a real "read" or not.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Part of the problem is that Fluff has apparently rolled town in 14/15 of his completed games here and was universally townread for the entire game in Stardew Valley Mafia. He might've been scum on Fantasy Strike but I dunno to what extent those games are backed up. (@Beruru ?)

15. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

I see. I suppose that's fair. Does that frustration cross over to how you read the rest of the posts he's made atm?
    I guess I'm saying *anything* is alright. Ignoring his read on you, could you comment on his read on Beru, or his read on Fable?

If frustration/annoyance is clouding that too atm, you can choose to respond later if you'd like.
    I'm sure it must be difficult to have to make a trip every time you'd like to play the game. Any idea when the next time might be?

16. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Fluff got softbanned from Fantasy Strike at some point for not actually playing the game and lurking for entire irlweeks, so.

... I don't know if he actually had any scum games there, though? I could check.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Did Fluff actually call Delphine "inactive"?

Fluff?

Lma-fuckin-o, let me go check this. Hold on a sec.

17. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Multiple times. She was at the bottom of his list of his scumlist for being inactive.
    I'm not sure if that's because he's having a hard time reading the rest of the players or not, but yea it's sorta ironic
    I just want someone who knows him well to read his posts and give me thoughts on his progression this phase

18. Delphine

Delphine First Year

As I've said I'm currently at my SO's parent's house and actually have wifi, hence the activity spike which should continue throughout the next 16 hours or so till we head back to our place. It's nearly midnight so I'll actually reread in the morning. I do feel affected by his read on me.

Off the top of my head, I did find his posts around Fable unusually emotionally charged, but since I don't know how Fluff responds to pressure as mafia I don't really have meta insight into it. His overall tone in Stardew was more jovial, so severity is a bit town indicative on the whole, i think. I'm interested to see if his reads change post-owning up to misreading one of bears's posts.

19. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Given i had 3 or 4 times more posts than she did, I don't see what's so shocking about that.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Most of your posts don't say anything though.