1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Challenge for Next Years Awards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jbern, Feb 6, 2007.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

What about Bio? He chickened out?

2. razz

razz Seventh Year

This is a great idea, imo. But isn’t 40k a bit heavy? You don’t need that much. It seems a little superficial to me to be putting all your other fics behind to write this one, and only to prove a point. You could do just as well with a one-shot, or a quick challenge response or something … and that wouldn’t be involving nearly as much time or effort.

3. Crazy1

Crazy1 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

This is great! I'd love to see PC because I haven't heard about it in ages. Is there an official thread somewhere?

4. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

I completely disagree. Writing a challenge response and a one-shot doesn't compare in the slightest to managing to write a novel length fic. Even if it's a short story, going through an arc, reaching a conclusion, and avoiding gaping plot holes along the way are a million times harder than coming up with an effective one-shot.

The issues between Jbern, Bio, and Vash were the opinions they shared on jbern's work, which is limited to just 2 novel length WIP fics and his performance in the awards this year. Cranking out a one-shot takes a good idea, a few hours work, and doesn't even relate to the challenge and contest in question.

Here's an old thread from when Lord Ravenclaw was looking for suggestions:
    http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=417

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I think J implied Bio was the smaller of the fish he had in mind. But who cares. I didnt bother to ask Bio about it because I dont care. But considering his updates. or lack there of, I dont tihnk he is writing any longer.

While I dont disagree with what you are saying, I simply wish to point out that it isnt just Bio and I who expressed distaste towards his performance within the awards.

But it is quite a bit harder to write a Novel length story rather than a Oneshot. Oedipus Flower took me two days and about 12 hours total to write. And that was all Spur of the moment writing. It shows in its quality that it was quite rushed. Silent, if I remember correctly, did her best to catch mistakes and correct them for me, but there is only so much she fix. Silent has been an absolute doll, what with having to deal with my horrid grammar and spelling the way she has.

But we've all seen my habit with updating and stories. A month of updating and six without. But I've alot more inspiration for finishing this on time and all that.

Speaking of, being that it is Feb, I suggest 1/Aug/07 00:00:01 as the final deadline. If its finished before, yay for you, if not, oh well.

6. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

Still gonna go with:

LOL

7. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    This is a Harry Potter Fan Fiction writing challenge. Mentioning the word honor in the same sentence is laughable at best.

As for the whole thing it's more of a problem that jack Jbern off shamelessly then Jbern himself, to me anyways. No one can fault him for writing a popular story. How he acts about is a matter of opinion, and not something I will go into here.

I think it should be if Jbern loses everyone that deep throats him on a bi-weekly basis should get banned, It's fucking disgusting.

8. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

I think if I lose, it will be because Vash wrote a very good story.

August 1st is a good date for me. Hopefully Patronus Charm will be ready for our stories.

Jim

9. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

If Vash loses, should you get banned?

10. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I think we should ban everybody if anybody loses. Except me, who will become owner and lead administrator of DLP due to there being nobody left around to stop me.

11. BioPlague

"If Vash loses, should you get banned?"

Slurp

12. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I'll second that.

13. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    If you recommend another fucking trashbin story should you get banned?

Honestly, lay off the cock, it's clouding your judgment.

14. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    So, basically, you are saying there is no way that you can write a bad story?

Darius: Well said newf. French people are proud.

I think this whole idea is a little silly. Jbern, who cares what people think of your story. Plenty people think Lust was disgusting and vile on FFN. Vash isn't challenging
    Code:

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]all of them. Are you so insecure, that to prove that you are a better fanfiction author you have a face-off? A lot of fanfiction writers think J.K is terrible; is she challenging all of them?

It's fanfiction people.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  15. BioPlague

This thread's reaching the following level of stupidity:
    [​IMG]

Yeah, it's that bad.

16. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

To Darius, Crevan, Xiph0, Bioplague, etc.:

You guys have been constantly posting recently that Jbern's stories are bad. So, being DLP members, shouldn't you guys give some constructive criticism in his story threads? (Not this thread, btw, since I don't want it hijacked.) I've checked, and - other than Darius - it seems that none of you have posted there recently. After all, I'm sure Jbern wants to know how he can improve his writing.

In fact, there's a thread that he recently posted right now. You could take your complaints there.

17. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

It shouldn't be long, I've been making great strides in progress lately.

18. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

I wouldn't post something if I thought it was crap. I have written bad stuff. It'll never see the light of day.

As for being silly, I don't think so. Vash is taking this seriously as am I. Bio not so much. I have read some of Vash's work, he is capable of writing a good story.

How about keeping the insults off the thread?

Jim

19. BioPlague

I gave constructive criticism in the award threads, and a thread devoted to discussion of the awards which also, directly, pertains to him since the incident I brought up involves him. Most of the other people you've singled out have done the same.

This thread is largely a joke. The challenge is a joke. The person who started it is a joke. Vash may humor him in a pointless cock-waving contest that won't be resolved by anyone's opinions I respect - the mass of idiots who lurk and solely post in his thread, the people who have decided to fellate him when this site is about stern, constructive criticism that points out the mistakes and shortfalls of a story and of course the few people who are senior members, have large post counts, or high reputation counts (GUESS TAURE DOESNT HAVE IT NOW THOUGH, LOL) and of course, Alpha Fight Club.

I don't know when DLP became "niceville" where everyone takes offense to everyone, especially when even an established member does something stupid like take offense to criticism and calls for a challenge that wouldn't resolve anything I care for.

So am I in? Yea.. no.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  20. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

[​IMG]

Course he is saying that. Guy reminds me a lot of Kinsfire.

KINSFIRE VERSION 2.0! NOW WITH THREE TIMES MORE PEDOPHILIA!

But seriously.

Lots of people think my work is disgusting. Ive even been called a deranged retard and that person wished I would get raped by micheal jackson for it! Even some DLP-ers (Middy! YOU TRAITOR!) finds it distasteful