1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

You ruined it.

But yeah, I'm like 98% sure Vaimes is town.

2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You don't need to play up the obtuseness when you're looking for an angle. This isn't a new thought.

Their is a mile of difference between lock towning without prompting and a townread. You know this.

3. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I disagree to an extent-- I think it's highly player-dependent, I've been reading Koalas town for the exact same pattern of behavior pretty much the entire time. He doesn't feel like he's been in any way opportunistic, is pushing things that ought to be pushed, and is following up. Solid. No cracks. The sort of player where you look for cracks.

4. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Ehh

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I'd probably have to iso weiy to figure it out. Maybe tomorrow when I get to play on a computer for the first time this game.
    I do remember liking his fable read, and progression on tyvn, and generally trying to parse Stanari but I think that's all from the posts I just read and don't remember much from the earlier ones.

6. Zack

Zack Squib

But, you did give it. So why say that way at all?

7. fontisian

Yeah, no. For Jari, saying "lock town" is a normal townread.

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

psst.

@Vaimes

9. Zack

Zack Squib

I'm like 98% sure this is completely useless to me without further explanation.

10. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    My narcissistic side is extremely disappointed :(

Why is this sad? Were you expecting to have a read on me?

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    So wanted to talk about my Cuth vote. Has everything to do with the fonti/me read or rather the logic of it. Now originally I thought it was supposed to be an anti alignment read which appears to be wrong and that's fine. My problem is he gave no reason for the read all he said was "they're in my PoE" which isn't a reason. The fact that he never said anything beyond that is a problem.

12. fontisian

It's not explainable in a way that will satisfy you. Vaimes is a close friend, ex roommate, and dude I've introduced to mafia. I'm sure he's town.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What has he pushed that ought to be pushed?

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Sorry - I don't know how long the day goes exactly, but we should be past the first half and earlier today Vaimes was #1 with 3 votes.

Rather defuse it now and move on with my life than trying to force a counterwagon tomorrow when it gets late or something like that.

14. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Fonti trending up for me. Skimmed her ISO from Backup Game 2 on MU, she has much more... posture this game? Is taking stances, fleshing them out, drawing them in the sand and not really stepping back or compromising without good reason, as opposed to the more conciliatory, rounded play of her wolf game. That said, going to go check out another game or two.

15. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I don't think that's a partner exchange. Likely not w/w.

Think I already had that one from early game, if so it's reinforced.

Proph/fonti could maybe be together for fonti throwing that read on Proph. If one flipped red I'd probably give the other a hard look. Kinda reminds me of how fonti covered for Cobalt in AYAW.

This whole exchange around 480-490 is making me think 113/Proph are not w/w. The way they talk to each other and about each other simultaneously is a little too nuanced to be partner thing, I think.

Yeah Proph/113 are just not knowingly aligned here.

It's kind of a derpy read, but I'm tilting my head a little at SR explaining his phrasing edit thing in that way. Feels slightly like... he knew something about the slight change he made was wolfy and wanted to preempt it? Eh. Not sure how much I really believe it; it's admittedly kind of a reach.

Kind of OOG but just in the interest of everyone being on the same page: Zack, I'm pretty sure what Miner meant was more internal about his own frustration with "falling" for all the copypasta. Like, Miner this game w/r/t people doing stuff and him not "getting" it has been pretty much
    [​IMG]

Like, it's gotta feel somewhat shitty and I totally get that frustration boiling over into a "man I miss when games made sense" type comment, which is what I think he meant by "now I remember why I only play games here.

Also Miner this is in no way a dig at you, it's more so that you and Zack can maybe understand each other a little better. The fact that you're just going for it and continue to do is very positive for game health. You keep doing you.

I kind of like the fonti read; it's a bit of an anti-consensus thing but it's not done in a way that's all like "look at me rocking the boat" trying to get townread. I think he prooooobably doesn't make that read on fonti if SS/fonti are w/w here.

The Miner section gives me the same feeling; there's a kind of quiet confidence there that's not showing about doing its own thing.

I thiiiink in the case that SS is a wolf here he's just like, starting from a stance of strength by whiteknighting some town that have gotten recent shade at this point.

I can't actually tell if I just think SS is town or if I just find his style agreeable.

I also like the Cuth section; it lines up with what I've been seeing with Cuth and it's got some depth to it.

Don't think I'm ever going here D1 unless something really weird happens.

Like the bolded from Fable. I think this is a fairly good indicator that he's thinking about what 113's posts mean coming from either alignment, not just like, what it looks like or surface level stuff.

(FWIW I think the easy answer is that he /didn't/ realize Scott was a newer player and saw an easy push).

Putting Fable in a light town outfit.

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Remember when Fonti told everyone that you like to ask questions that you don't really care about?

Asking for a friend.

17. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Yeah 100000000% this but I kinda wish you hadn't said that.
    --- Post automerged ---
    yeah I'm just going to go back to catchup hell I'm obviously not needed here

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I mean while I was scum last game you were obvious to me either way.

There was never any chance to get a misslynch on you.

This game I haven't seen this eternal happiness followed by crushing despair just yet.

Will iso you later, because you might have been drowned in a sea of boredom.

19. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I believe these two were the ones I noted when I was first going through the thread.

...That aside, looking through his ISO just now I thought he'd posted a lot more? I'm not sure if I was mixing him up with someone else or something, but. I do like the second one, but I also think less highly of him than I did five minutes ago. Drops down to mildly villagery null, 'cos I'm stubborn.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Unvote

Newcomb's back, I feel no particular need to vote him at this point in time otherwise, though I don't really know how to read him or how I feel about him in particular so far.

Let's go for a streak.

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I just realized that if I don't act scummy on purpose no one talks about me and I get bored.