1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Not minion buffs. That means shit like Envenom Weapon, Deadly Poison, etc. Any weapon improvements you put on it will be on the weapon forever once you attach them the first time.

And I would assume Rummaging Kobold adds a second to your hand. After all, the weapon is still being destroyed; it has to be for the deathrattle to trigger. It just ends in your deck instead of your graveyard afterward. It's hard to be sure without testing, and could easily go either way, but I don't see why the kobold wouldn't interact with this one (though 90% certain that if it does, the one that it generates isn't going to have any buffs on it).

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm super curious how a Kingsbane Deathrattle midrange deck would work given roll the bones.

This deck has insane draw with RtB, Deathrattles and the new 4m 3/2, and can tech some pretty insane removal too with spellstone and Envenom/bonemerang...

Curious if it's fast enough. You're basically controlling the board with weapons while building jades...

3. Troy

Troy Seventh Year

I f you play Valerra DK, I'm guessing you will be able to play two Kingsbane a turn, and then have multiple copies in your deck if you wanted. This is also a class that can now never fatigue.

4. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm assuming Valeera'd Kingsbane has same stats? So if you run 2xDeadly Poison and 1 Leeching only, you'll be cycling 5/3 LS weapons into your deck, aka the Paladin DK.

Wonder if it's worth running Greenskin. The buff is so massive it must be, right?

Probably not if Burn Mage is the new T1 insane deck. That's the only thing keeping my rattle or mill rogue hype in check. Assuming it's a secret burn mage, Sudden Betrayal and Evasion would help.

5. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Big priesting my way up the ladder after reset.

3 quest mages in a row. Death gripped antonidas twice and once got to do Oracle dream shenanigans.

Don't even feel bad since I believe no human would actually be willing to play that stupid deck. Must be 100% bots

6. Gengar

High Score:
    Lol. I can't believe quest mage is getting buffed in K&C, and you don't even need the quest anymore.

You play 2xSimulacrums now and 1x Molten reflection (so the reverse of what's played now). You simu 2xApprentices and discount them.
    Anton for 7, 3 Apprentices for 2, Reflections for 1 into infinite combo.

So now they start with 1 extra card in their Mulligan and they don't have to run cabalist tomes. Enjoy! [​IMG]

7. KGB

KGB Headmaster

I was just fideling with a warlock deck and a thought struck me:

Priest and Warlock Death Night hero powers are reversed. Like they designed them to be for the other class and than for some reason swapped them around last moment.

healing from damage was/?is? a shadow priest thing in WoW. It was even rather strong back in the day before it got nerfed into the ground during blizz's effort to remove any class identities and utilities.

And Warlocks in HS have always had a zoo variant. So a hero power that refreshes every time a token is played would help them fill out the mana curve during late game.

I think that makes much more sense than what we have now. I think it's priests lack of finisher that brought the switch about. Because doing 3 a turn late game would not help bring out Priest form loldom.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    It only does because you're thinking of old Shadow Priest and ignoring the Warlock side fantasy.

Shadow Priests don't do the whole drain life thing anymore - I mean, Vampiric Embrace/Touch do negligible healing. Discipline Priests are the ones that heal from damage now.

I have my issues with WoW, but in Legion, they did a stellar job at focusing on class identity, so they moved away from the old style of spriest and carved out a new, better identity. They're insane, eldritch/c'thulu chanellers now who get more powerful the longer they can hold their void forms - kinda like how you get more value from Shadowreaper Andruin the longer it goes on.

Warlocks have always had drain life/soul mechanics, and you know, summoning all your demons - while not the hero power - is pretty thematic them.

9. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Lol I had even forgotten disc priests being a thing. Been a long time since I played wow. Wrath babies and blizz's catering to them ruined the game ;p

Still the way lock DK takes away the need to balance tapping with your health total feels inconsistent with how locks were before.

And if it makes sense to me that siphon life is the upgraded version of priest power. To give them some late game reach that the class lacks.

Also resurrecting stuff was priests shtick and massive boardclears warlocks. I would imagine that the original version would have just twistinged the board as you play Guldan

10. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

“Imagine Rogue had FoS.”

Boom, Cavern Shinyfinder.

That new Paladin deck looks really awesome, and Big Warrior is interesting too.

My priest deck is going to rule them all though!

11. Gengar

High Score:
    Lol. I creamed when I saw the 2 drop. Rogue has as much draw as druid now. Should be fun!

I'd be concerned about priest though. DARKNESS > Razakus

12. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

My thought on Meme Hunter Weapon, Deathstalker Rexxar is NOT a minion.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    Man, I'm so freaking excited about this xpac. Gonna be trying to build miracle Kingsbane and Deathrattle Kingsbane respectively.

14. Mister Ferro

15. Jarizok

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/982021-k-c-priest

The Quest/DK/Dragon Priest I’ll be trying out at release.

Quest was too slow to stack before with a lack of low cost deathrattle cards worth playing, but with 4+ ressurrects and 2 new 2/3 cost deathrattle cards it should work now.

I don’t mind the additional 4 cost 3 damage AoE minion at all either.

16. Gengar

High Score:
  17. Mister Ferro

Now that all of the Weapons have been revealed, which one are y'all hoping to get free?

I want Skull of the Man'ari.

18. Jarizok

I wasn’t impressed with a bunch of the weapons tbh. Rogue weapon is good, Lock weapon is good. Druid weapon might be good? Don’t know.

Priest weapon will see play, but other deck types will probably run better. Same thing for Warrior I think, 8 cost is too high imo.

Pala, Mage, Shammy and Hunter weapons didn’t impress me at all. There’s exactly 1 deck that can utilise hunter weapon? It looked fun and all, but that’s hardly viable.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    And that's why I want the Hunter weapon, lol. It looks like a super fun deck, but I don't really want to craft it.

Obviously I don't want Kingsbane for free. I'll be crafting that and Sonya gold immediately.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    This made me laugh. From Stancifka. [​IMG]