1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Princess Mafia: The Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Alright fuck it I'm just going to talk about my fonti read.

I /mostly/ /kind of/ understand your townread being a thing Reg just don't agree. Think if you look at what she's actually done from a "bigger picture" type perspective there's very little besides pushing noisily on two slots; she produced a couple townreads when I prodded her on that but there was no substance behind the reads and overall don't think her thread presence has been pro-town at all which I think is the more important thing here. Is a parallel here to my LLD scumread in Midscummer's.

Was waiting for a number of hours for her to re-enter thread and talk/be with me after she left following her pushes on dC/Beru and she just didn't come back, feel like if she were town here she'd have been doing a lot more with me in thread past the initial stuff of us both being excited to be in a game together and wouldn't kind of leave thread while I continue to post and post, especially with Jan/Vaimes/Waco pushing on me I think she'd be fairly invested in dismantling that or at least contributing to some degree but she didn't comment on any of it - kind of /passively approved/ of it by townreading Jan where she did.

It's possible there are just reasons why she didn't stick around, possible she hated my walls, could be any number of explanations but I think you're mistaken Reg to be looking at how she's getting to her reads and seeing that it makes sense to you and mirrors what you were thinking; think fonti is absolutely capable of any of that without much trouble as mafia and don't understand why that's giving you the kind of townread you've stated here. Think her posts are generally ~good~ but fonti's posts as mafia are basically always good so ???

2. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Okay, then is your "+5 Town Points for Von" based on something else? And if so what?

I'd agree that scum are slightly more likely to be giving early town reads on him but two things a) I can easily see town just jumping the gun with that read early in games where it's like "I have no reads helap", it's not hard to go "Oh Vaimes's tone is good, town read on him" and b) I don't think there's actually /that/ many people with town reads on Vaimes. Not enough to be something I'm going to be looking into.
    --- Post automerged ---
    fk me.

Unvote

3. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Fair. If it helps, I'm actually aware of Von being pushed that way in the past and am interested in that not being a thing? Is at least partially why I went out of my way to state a townread on him early.

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I can understand your concerns with her substance and investment level to the thread, can understand you finding her lack of interacting with you here problematic. I just don't entirely agree with the conclusion you're drawing from it?

I think you're not really factoring in the fact that we're ~8 hours now and ~4-5 hours then (??) into a 72 hour day phase on D1. There's a limited amount that can be done in that period, she's generally not the player to /push/ the game forward in the early stages in ways that you would, she's a very different player to you. I think you're also overly concerned with my read there and I think you should know that I'm not going to be like "Oh she's always town here, ignore everything else", going to read on her based on what I see as the game progresses. Right now there's things I like about her play in regards to the Beruru push, you might think she can fake that as mafia or think that I shouldn't be town reading her on it, that's fine. I'm still reading it as a fairly naturalish push but we can table this and talk about her much later in the day phase, would be much more useful then.

5. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Your vote before was real or?

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Based on his vote reaction to Waco which felt cocky/confident and this :

Both are still somewhat thin but I would classify as slight towntells.

Plus I really like the roadkill comment. It pretty much describes how I feel about you as a player. <3

7. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Semi-real-ish. Had similar concerns to Jan in that I felt some of your early questioning felt shallow but outside of that didn't have a lot that pointed me strongly either direction on you at the time. Was mostly a "If I vote you and you're scum and I can say that you're the noob that turned my D1 misfortune around and if you're town I can blame you for it continuing" thing with me secretly hoping it was the former. I blame you.

8. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Yeah, have thought of all that as well, is definitely factored in and would probably be scumreading her a little more than I am otherwise; I could overly concerned with your read but eh, feels important to me to get us on the same page if you're town and sitting here stewing about things that have bothered me from fonti isn't going to do anything towards that.

Was staying silent about it because fonti and just wanted to wait until I had something more than a super tenuous "noise" read but shrug, don't think I lose anything from it ultimately and if she's mafia I'm confident I'll catch her even if she's aware of how I'm reading her.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also ftr when she first entered thread I was like "ok fonti town" which didn't slip away from me until later.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Lolnoob.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: dC

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I think you are reading into things here.

Like .. maybe it was 3 am and she just went to bed because it is really early in the game and not destroying your sleeping schedule for a game of mafia is actually a good thing.
    If she hadn't commented at all 24 hours later or something then I could see your point, but right now it is more a thing where you are projecting than anything else.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What gave you that notion?

Only asking so I can quote it and say that it is within her scumrange.
    And because I am curious.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh yeah .. dC .. kind of a blank space in my mind.

Let's see if that can be changed.

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Because she made me laugh and feel happy. Which yeah okay fuck you Regfan that's everything she does, but, she was... bouncy? Which felt town?

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Oh yeah .. dC .. kind of a blank space in my mind.
    That is ...

[​IMG]

totally within her scumrange!

12. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

<3

13. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I tried to find a gif to get back at Jans roadkill comment but I failed go find anything, anyone up for lynching Jan???

@Gemma - I don't think you need to worry about us not being on the same page about her this early on in the game but can understand wanting to get those thoughts down in the thread rather than having them circling around in your head. I'm with Jan in that it's very early into the game, late at night there, it being Fonti, not expecting /too/ much more from her there. But yeah table d her and come back later. Also I still blame you. I'm no noob!!! What am I missing with the DC vote? I actually came out of his ISO with a weakish town read on him and thinking if he's scum here he's only ever with Koalas/Waco or yourself and well you're town now.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Eh though none of my DC/X are hard rule outs like other pairings so maybe ignore that.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

[​IMG]

15. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Hum, you're probably thinking I'm more worried about her than I actually am. It's closer to paranoia than a proper scumread.

My read is like, "annoyed that I'm not townreading her" more than anything.

Voted dC because he seems to be keeping tabs on the thread but isn't contributing anything and I think it's weird that he got so emotionally invested earlier which just... disappeared when it became apparent that he wasn't being wagoned. Want him to do things.

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I got so hyped a second ago when reading through dcs iso and reading this :

And then quoting this in his post later on :

I was so hyped when I thought that he was just burning Fonti hard. Would have been a great townread on him.

But in reality fonti quoted another post of his about waiting for something of interest to happen and that is what the qualifier was refering to.

Damn, dC. You got so close to being my hero.
    --- Post automerged ---
    How is that a thought you have when you told me that you normally won't get a good read on her until somewhere on day 2.
    And now it is 8 hours into day 1.

You should not have a good read on her going by your own expectations?!

17. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    FYI I feel like I need to sit down and do a reread in order to actually get anything useful done, but I also feel like I haven't the energy today (and no promises about tomorrow, it's actually my birthday so I'll be doing other stuff)

If I can't get my act together before D1 ends I'll sub out, but I'm still hoping it won't come to that.

18. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

It's not really that. It's a combination of me townreading her initially then not feeling comfortable with that anymore and feeling very annoyed by that + just if she is town here really hating myself for having any kind of a wrong read on her and wanting to be thread masons but being stupid and hindering that.
    --- Post automerged ---
    You have time. If there's anything I can do to help you get back into things let me know? Don't really know how you work but I think I'm fairly flexible working with very different playstyles?

19. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    It's a my end thing, and I'm not really panicking or anything, I'm just annoyed and disappointed because I can see a pretty clear path to what to do: There's been lots of early activity NOT pointed at me so rereading all of it with a critical eye should be pretty instructive.

But I can't actually DO it right now. So I'm just kind of sitting here, watching everyone else post, wanting to contribute something but not having the ability to contribute what I want to.

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

What's stopping you?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Just energy?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also happy birthday!
    --- Post automerged ---
    (For tomorrow.)