1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Princess Mafia: The Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I would disagree with the figuring things out part.

But I decided to not talk to her this gameday anymore unless I really have to.
    She basically alienates me with every word she is saying towards me.

Do you have any somewhat spicy townreads on people that are somewhere in the poe?
    Who and Why?

2. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

@Vaimes save the homework on Beru, treat me and them like masons and move on from there.

3. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Hi peoples.

4. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    My current PoE is essentially you/Vaimes/fluff, with townreads on the rest of the game. I dunno if townreading font is interesting, but we've heard my position on that already. Gemma is obvtown, beru is beru, and that is essentially that.

If I had to strike out one PoE member and thus pin down the scumteam, it'd be you at this point. You seem more like you're actually engaging with the game than either Vaimes or fluff.

5. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Hey fluff.

Where your head at?

6. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Currently, feel good about you/Vaimes.

Koalas was calling beruru scum in QT, but I don't agree, and think this matches her town play more.

I really hate fonti's interaction charts, which imo are just noise. Jan has left no impact on my memory. Still down on dC.

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Hum. I thought we're not allowed to speak of QTs?

Why do you think fonti's charts are just noise / what about that do you hate?

Talk about dC?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also how long do I have you here for fluff?

8. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I think her charts are just noise cause they're super subjective and she's just been going on about them for a while without doing anything with them.

dC's post to fluff ratio (I've only read d2 fully so far) is atrocious, and his reads seem incredibly lazy. Still hate that slot.

Also, I'm here all day (East Coast).

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

What do you feel good about with Vaimes? Can you go into some detail there?
    --- Post automerged ---
    You're aware she's not finished it yet?

10. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

No i was not.

Vaimes just hasn't done his tradition scmu!Vaimes collapse yet, as far as I can tell.

11. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

What does the scum!Vaimes collapse look like? You're talking to someone who doesn't know his meta.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @his fluffiness I don't have super long here just fyi

12. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but its super obvious. He just collapses, stops putting in any effort, and its just obvious.

13. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Ok. You're saying you think this matches Beru's townplay more? How familiar are you with their meta? How strongly do you feel about this? Are there any posts or sequences in particular that you think highlight about them?

I have to go in a minute so I just want to emphasize for you what I need from you this dayphase.

With Reg dead this is my game now. When we get to EoD people are probably going to want to lynch you and it's going to be me who either tells them no or doesn't stop them.

Now, I think there's a pretty decent chance you're town here. But if you are town I need you to talk to me and help me understand you so that I have enough to work with to make a towncase on you. It's going to be my job here to make you look as town as possible but I need you to also put in the work from your end too.

As a start. A few questions for you, about you as a player. None of this is really going to be alignment indicative but I'm hoping to establish a baseline here from which to read you. If I'm lucky I can maybe follow up on some your answers into questions that I can use to get read on you.

1. What I know of you is that you're pretty frequently mislynched, is that correct? If so, is there anything in particular about your townplay that you think causes that?

2. Are there any parts of your play that you think are stronger or weaker than others?

3. Are you the kind of player who is able to talk about their process and their thoughts and run through read progressions, things like that, or do you find your reads difficult to articulate?

4. Do you work with w/w and not w/w reads much or do you just stick to wolf/villager level of reads, generally speaking? How much does team-guessing factor in your reads?

5. How much does meta factor into your reads, do you think? And how much do you follow logic / reasoning over intuition / feelings?

There's a bit of overlap there and some of it might be a bit tedious to answer but if you can answer those before I wake up and hopefully talk to you again that would be super helpful I think.

And if you have any questions for me just let me know.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'll be awake again in ~7 hours.

14. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Other than you, beru is actually the person I'm least familiar with, but I have played with her quite a bit before.

I'm pretty frequently scumread, but surprisingly rarely actually lynched. People hate my townplay cause it's very passive and low-effort.

My weak point is actually making reads and not second guessing them, but once I do decide on someone's alignment, I am pretty good at making a case.

Sometimes there are reads where I'm like "I can't explain this, but its just so obvious", but usually I can talk about my thought process.

Generally I stick to wolf/villager, with team guessing playing a very minor part till late in the game.

Meta informs my reads quite a bit, especially when playing with people who have meta that is recognizable and that I am familiar with (for example, Vaimes). Also, I use feeling to make my reads, then switch to reasoning when I have to actually make a case.

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Problem :

This game has been a big old mess on my part.

D1 felt like 90% of the time I was in thread was in a small cage with Regfan and Gemma. And no human being wants to get trapped anywhere with those two. (well at least most of the time AFTER the first hours of d1).

I tried to soft reset a bit going into d2 and not to fight with Gemma all the time, but for some reason it does not work.
    I considered just ignoring what she is doing, but nothing good comes from that either.
    Still a game to solve etc ..

Soo .. I am just doing all I can to be a nice guy and come back to the game soonish with some fresh spirit.
    If you have game related questions, feel free to mention me.

I just got home after some cleansing nearly 2 hour nonstop swimsession. If I continue like this then I might actually get back into form.
    Disgusting.
    Not sure if I will do anything in the game today (friday my time), but I will try to at least post something before I have to leave Saturday (we are meeting at 4pm and I need to go vest and/or suit-shopping before).

And Sunday should be mostly all in gamestuff for me. Unless I get distracted by good friends or beautiful women .. or both.

P.S. Don't read into this. Some of you guys played the last fantasystrike witchhunt with me and know warped emotions are not outside my scumrange.

Thanks and have a wonderful day everyone.

16. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

5 hours later.

17. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    "This is my game now!11"

I'm gonna go back into fuckin retirement.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Currently imagining the world where wolves intentionally don't shoot Gemma and Fonti gets mislynched for the loss.

That would be amusing but also incredibly bad.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I hate that Fluff making long posts is actually a scumtell for him.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Was this directed at the wrong person or what is this about.
    --- Post automerged ---
    C'mon, do something.

18. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

If you want to try to talk to me, just say so? I'm always open. I was tilted by you day 1 but not anymore.

I am mostly just going to try to give you space but I do have some issues with your play that I would like to resolve at some point and I can't do that without talking to you.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Talk about the fluff thing please?

I wrote that when I was behind and there was the weird forum thing with not updating pages but new posts appearing and I wanted you to stop talking about fonti's role.

(Please don't go back into retirement? I need you!)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hum. No one doing anything for 8 hours is ~weird~

Ok.
    --- Post automerged ---
    So can you go over your townread there? What about their play makes you think it's their towngame?

Can you also go over your dC read please? What about his reads feels lazy and why do you think that makes him mafia? I'm not sure I understand your point about his fluffposting ratio as he hasn't really been doing much fluffposting. Which posts are you looking at there?
    --- Post automerged ---
    [​IMG]

I miss Regfan.

And Stanari.

And my cat.

Meow.

19. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I just woke up and fucking nothing has happened.

I'm sure this means something.

I'm afraid that "something" is "we're entirely off track and scum are happy with how the day is going"
    --- Post automerged ---
    I have no idea what to do about that though

Hmm, actually

@fluffiness --- You mentioned Vaimes's scum meta is giving up. How is his play today NOT giving up?
    --- Post automerged ---
    oh, it's @his fluffiness on this forum.

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Heh, what track are we on though?