1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 4.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Dark Syaoran, May 21, 2015.

1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Meanwhile, I'm still busy with my Double Kills. Right Jon?

Aside from that, I was highly pleased to pull off an unexpectedly difficult win yesterday. Unexpected, because I was 24/0/5, but with 1/9/10, 5/8/9, 9/6/10 and 2/5/12 teammates. In particular, the 1/9/10 Mid was 0/4 at the time I was 4/0, and our bot lane was trying their hardest to tilt her into quitting the game, via chat harassment.

Hell, I was maybe 24 cs to my lane opponent's 50 at some point shortly before level 6, just sitting under my tower with sub-300 hp for several minutes because backing wouldn't have appreciably increased my clearing capabilities, and my opponent didn't quite have the burst to get me before I could react.. after which upon hitting six(and still at low hp), I proceeded to kill him, and every time I saw him for the rest of the game. Even ended up with the most cs in the game, despite being in a constant state of roaming after level 10 or so, because both first towers in top were down. This includes 'roaming' back to top to kill Teemo when he decided he would push up to our second tower periodically.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

You didn't alert me, yet here I am.

You and your bloody double kills.

3. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

4. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I was having some fun with Quinn at the beginning of the season, but for better or for worse, I've rotated back to mostly Akali, yes. It's simply more reliable for me, even if her play style is a bit different than it used to be.

On a side note, apparently her eventual single-champion rework is under the umbrella of CertainlyT. Known for Zoe, Thresh, Yasuo, Darius, Kalista and Zyra, as well as responsible for the reworks of Warwick, Mordekaiser, Graves.
    ...so on the downside, she will probably be permabanned for a little while after the rework, considering the other champions he has done. On the upside, also considering the other champions, she will probably be at least moderately relevant at all times, despite inevitable multiple nerfs post update.

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

That post by Riot is actually the reason why I want to have some strong words with Riot's development team.

6. Oz

As a Kayle main I fucking hate you. Akali is probably Kayle's hardest counter. XD

In other news I can't win on kayle any more so I've been mainjng adc for the first time in a few seasons. Varus is basically freelo.

7. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Why would you say she is a counter, specifically?

I imagine it's something involving either the stealth that prevents your Q and E-enhanced autos(with a lack of purchasable oracle's, relative to the past), and the fact that, aside from possibly Gunblade and Electrocute being consumed immediately, Akali doesn't really have a specific major ability that can be avoided with Kayle's ult, instead just she works more like Nasus Q(albeit less damage, realistically, unless she's gone far enough for both a Deathcap and a Lich Bane). Well, realistically it's a combination of the two, sure, but yeah.

Well, that and the inevitable Zhonya's, but that's not really different from many champions, so I barely count that, aside from the relatively low cd of the aforementioned Q, allowing Zhonya's to likely reset timing on the damage combo, and passive.

Overall, I'm guessing she is one of the few champions who, by themselves, specifically, can likely stay in Kayle's face for the full duration of her ultimate, with limited repercussions, if her abilities are available, even outside of item(Zhonya's) cooldowns.

I think I might have answered my own question, in reverse, so that was an interesting exercise. Unless, that is, you have another specific reason, in which case I would be interested to hear it.

8. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Kayle wants to kite. Akali can immediatley gapclose burst her, and if the minions are in the right spot, jump away. That's what makes Akali so hard to play against. If Akali has Zhonya's its even worse. Burst - Zhonyas - Burst and Kayle should be dead.

9. Rah

Rah Death Eater

Not to mention the invisibility shroud to hide during Kayles ult.

10. Oz

All of the above. Any champ with a reliable gap closer can fuck Kayle if played right, but add to that Akali's shroud, Zhonyas, repeatable burst... yeah. Akali is the worst.

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

Tbh whenever I see akali I just play that fat pantheon and solo her lvl 2.

12. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
    tbh I never see akali

13. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    I don't get all the zoe hate that I see around. Playing midlane the past few months, I don't think I've ever lost lane to a zoe, even pre-nerfs, and usually end up getting a couple of solo kills on her and snowballing off that. Are people seriously not able to play against a champion that can barely do anything if you're within 1500 units of her?

14. Ludwig

Ludwig Fourth Year

High Score:
    Maybe you never played against a good Zoe, few people can just pick up a champion and do well in matches the same day.

In Brazil she was banned 7/10 games I played, so people don't get much practice with her. I haven't played in a few weeks though, not sure how the situation is right now.

15. Oz

The biggest problem playing against Zoe in silver/gold is numpties wandering onto her sleep bubble, getting burst to 200hp and then just staying mid to catch another one.

16. Rah

Rah Death Eater

Deficio is leaving Riot to become a freelancer while still casting EU LCS.

I think when EU franchises he might transition to a coach/analyst for one of the new teams.

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

It depends on what you play. If you're playing shit like Kat or Fizz, Zoe doesn't do very well. Any champ that has a free dash to dodge her E is pretty strong against her.

The hatred for Zoe stems from the fact that a good Zoe can take a single kill from the Midlane and snowball that into a victory simply because once she hits Morellos and like... Sheen or something she's close to oneshotting people if not already oneshotting the support.

Fighting her in the jungle or near objectives is extremely difficult and scary because she can just pop over a wall with a q and if it hits it does massive dmg but if it misses there's no real counterplay. And also her sleep extends over walls so you never know if you might get hit by one or not.

I picked up Zoe and she's really really difficult to master but I've been getting better and she's not hard to win with in plat if your team isn't an ape.

18. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    What is it with silver/low gold players picking the most dogshit compositions full of squishies with zero cc?? It's like smashing my head against a fucking wall trying to get good games in.

Going to have to start liberally dodging games that are lost in champion select >_<

Sey
  19. Miner

Miner Order Member

It doesn't get any better in plat though.

20. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    Maybe I'm looking at it with rose tinted goggles, but compositions were definitely better in plat. Execution was still shit a lot of the time, but at least the top side of the map wasn't tryndamere/yi/zed half the time.