1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Everyone(including me): Oh noo after the nerf it's going to be nothing but CubeLocks on ladder. Hearthstone will be unplayable, that deck is just too strong.

Me after facing 5 secret mages in a row and closing hearthstone in disgust: Please bring back the CubeLocks.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No idea why they're so prevalent now. They rocked raza priest and tempo rogue too...

Maybe that's just my exp...

3. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

I play mostly vs kings bane rouge and I hate this class, say what you want about higlander priest, jade druid so on, nothing pisses memore then someone burns my cards, hate mill rouge for life.

4. Gengar

High Score:
    Muahahahaha

But seriously, it's starting to feel like everyone just hates whatever deck they're losing to. Kb rogue is far from degenerate...

5. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

I just dusted Raza & the 2 Creepers to craft 1 Twilight Acolyte along with the 2nd Spiteful Summoner needed for the Big Spell Priest.

Thankfully I didn't have to break the Arcane bank to craft this deck like I did for Highlander. I regret crafting Benedictus now.

6. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Benedictus is so bad. I was excited for all the clown fiestas that card would provide and nothing. It's really too expensive to work properly as is.

7. Mister Ferro

8. Mister Ferro

I was stuck at rank 14-15 with Spiteful Priest with around 50% winrate that I stopped laddering on the 19th seriously.

Today I switched back to Cubelock and hit rank 10 with my winrate being 68%. Locking myself into rank 14 with the upcoming season reset.

I opened Aluneth in my Wild Arena pack and am now wondering if Burn Mage is a good deck? The biggest cost would be 2 Primordial Glyphs which I'm fine spending the 800 dust on, is there any good streamer/youtuber to watch and learn from before I craft the deck?

9. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Primordial Glyph is 100% worth crafting, it's going to be in at least 1 mage deck until it is rotated out. I'm having good fun with 1TK Exodia mage using Leyline manipulator, simi onto girls to make 2 copies that cost 0. Drop Tony, 1 apprentice for 2 and then the two apprentices for 0, leaving with with 1 mana remaining to clone an apprentice and start fireballing for free.

Difficult to setup and often lose against aggro and weapon rogue, but super fun when it pays off.

10. Mister Ferro

I still haven't opened up Archmage which means Burn Mage will be the only Mage deck I would play if I do decide to craft the Glyphs.

The thing holding me back is the fact that the new expansion and Year is just over one month out from being released. Once the Kraken sets rotate out Burn Mage might not be viable.

11. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you care about dust in any way, all crafting should be discontinued until the expansion.

Hell, if you're really stingy, wait a month after the expansion to spend anything.

12. Mister Ferro

Speaking of which:

The Year of the Raven Soars Ahead
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hall of Fame Inductees

• Ice Block
    • Coldlight Oracle
    • Molten Giant - in it's original form
    Quicker Quests

With the arrival of Hearthstone’s next expansion, quests are about to get better! The requirements for almost every quest will be reduced to make them faster to complete, and all 40 gold quests will now award 50 gold instead. Quests that awarded more than 50 gold will still have the same rewards, but with reduced requirements. Quests that only required a single game to be played, such as Play a Friend, will remain the same.

Only the Mighty
    OLD: Play 20 minions that cost 5 or more. Reward 40 gold
    NEW: Play 12 minions that cost 5 or more. Reward: 50 gold

Class Victory
    OLD: Win 2 games with one of two Classes. Reward: 40 gold.
    NEW: Win 1 game with one of two Classes. Reward: 50 gold

Class Mastery
    OLD: Play 50 Class cards. Reward: 60 gold
    NEW: Play 30 Class cards. Reward: 60 gold

In-game Tournaments

We’re working on a feature that will help you run a Hearthstone tournament from your own home or Fireside Gathering! You’ll be able to create a custom tournament and invite your friends--all from within the Hearthstone game client. To start, the feature will include matchmaking and checking decks, but we’ll continue to add new features and functionality over time.

* beta-launch in middle of year.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    Legit, Coldlight getting shoved to Wild might make me quit Hearthstone. This has me even more furious than when they nerfed Blade Flurry.

Mill is my fav archtype period. I had 3 months with it being viable, after years of fringe playability. I love how they say they'll bring back Mage cards to help with the loss of IB but nothing for Mill. Awesome.

14. Troy

Troy Seventh Year

Also Lunara as a new druid hero.

Really happy about the hall of fame changes. I have 3 normal ice blocks and 1 gold, 5 cold lights and 4 molten giants. So I'll get 2k dust from the gold and a normal ice block, and then disenchant them for another 2k dust. 200 from cold lights and another 300 from the 3 I'll disenchant, and then 800 from the giants and then another 800, so looking at 6100 dust total. Will probably craft Golden DK Jaina and Arya, as even though she is going to wild I don't have her, and i'll likely be playing Jade for a while.

Gengar, thought of you when I saw the cold light change.

Has anyone heard anything about the competition and packs they were giving away, from the three sets from Year of the Mammoth?

15. Mister Ferro

Blizzard apparently contacted the winners via email last week.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Brode did an interview with pcgamer and was quoted as saying:

"there were multiple reasons why Coldlight Oracle's time in Standard is coming to an end. 1) The card has prevented the design team from creating certain Battlecry and 'bounce' effects which would have been too powerful when used in conjunction. 2) Generally speaking Team 5 doesn't like neutral card draw because it can be jammed into any deck and thereby dilutes class identity. 3) The supposed downside of the card—that your opponent also draws cards—can often be used as an upside."

16. Gengar

High Score:
    1) I hate that limiting design space bullshit. I'm still waiting for a legit reason for BF being as badly nerfed as it was. Was it too powerful in quest Rogue? With Brann? Murmuring Elemental? The Shaman Bounce? No? Oh. Did it stop those cards being printed? Thought not.

2) how many decks actually play it? Combo and Mill realistically. Worried about class id? Make it a Rogue card.

3) No downside sometimes...? That's kind of the point?! It punishes hoarding cards (LIKE DIVINE FUCKING FAVOUR) and you better be fucking careful playing it against aggro, wildly reducing its effectiveness (LIKE DIVINE FUCKING FAVOUR).

As you can tell, I'm still salty...

17. KGB

KGB Headmaster

The New Druid hero:

[​IMG]

Her tits are wonky. That is all I have to say on her since she's one of the fake wow characters they made for HotS.

Sort of tame HoF inductions. Ice Block needed to go back when HoF was first introduced. Coldlight doesn't make much sense, with Blzz's love for making simplistic otk decks like quest mage and Razakus you would have assumed they freekin loved that card for the easy and straight forward mill decks it enabled.

18. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Blade Flurry was straight overpowered, same tier as Warsong Commander et al, really. It needed a nerf pretty damn badly.

Though the size of the nerf is more that Blizzard doesn't nerf things to balance, it nerfs things to obliterate them from the meta and shake-up the established formula (which is why the nerfs never hit within a month or so of a new expansion).

As for Coldlight itself, that is kinda weird, as Coldlight Oracle was one of the most well-designed cards in the game. I'm assuming they had/have some ideas for Murloc battlecry synergies or something that would have exponentially scaled the effect, which would just be Gadgetzan's meta again, except with Mill Rogue at the top instead of Jade Druid, and no one wants to see that.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    Wanna know how to nerf bf? Stop it damaging face. Done.

20. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

But then it would still be viable, which defeats the whole point of nuking it from orbit to shake up the meta.