1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I had to run to a computer to quote these properly. @Vaimes

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I mean, the game sucks beause I don't know. Most likely I guess would be Tammy purely because I'm not townreading the slot.

Interestingly, the obvious out from this situation is to conclude that Gemma is scum but I find myself still not wanting to.

Looks like you didn't check post #446 then, buddy!

Also yeah I'm not a fan of how lulz has just up and poofed. I think there was some stuff about "needing to get away from the game" but shrug.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Gemma. I don't buy this assertion.

What have you done that is outside of your scumrange?

And I already told you that there was a huge disconnect (for me) from scum!QT!Gemma and itt!Gemma so you repeating that you struggled to play as scum doesn't mean anything to me because that is /your/ perspective. From mine, you were smooth as butter in public which was all that really mattered.
    --- Post automerged ---

it looks to me like you're asserting I should be able to tell how a player is feeling/thinking /outside/ of the gamethread based on their in-game posts, which is ???

if no one could tell how much you were freaking out in TinyHunt, then obviously it means you were posting really well. therefore, in this game where we're not partners, I'm not going to be able to tell what you're /really/ feeling because...I know you are capable of posting really well as scum, regardless of how you feel about it

4. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd like to hear more about this please.

Hm...

5. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I think that at least one of you/lulz is scum here. I would definitely not look at a Gemma/Tammy team before looking more closely at those 2.

6. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    And you're still sitting on 'you' because...?

7. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Please reread my post.

8. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Okay, that's the... second time this game I think that I've made that mistake. It doesn't help that you quoted my entire post. I suppose Jarizok is snickering to himself right now.

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I just saw your big post about me Vaimes and yeah I think we're just talking past each other. I'm on my way to a meeting right now and I have to clean my apartment after that for an inspection at 3 but I'll respond properly as soon as that's done. Thanks for putting in an the work.

10. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Okay, sell me on 'you'.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Can we all just agree that You, 'you', YOU etc all denote the player while the word you just means you

for fuck's sake

12. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    There's not much to say. Pre-replacement Tammy is something I glazed over for similar reasons to the ones you expressed, and I've talked about townreads on the other three people on the wagon.

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Sure just let me get back to computer.

14. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Yes please and thank you.

Okay, but before the matter devolved into her and 'you' barking at each other like mad dogs, was there anything else about her play? Shouldn't it by default then be that you're suggesting the possibility that Tammy was trying to mislynch Gemma and you could have just said that earlier?

And as Vaimes said, what if he was scum and trying to mislynch Gemma? I don't recall off the top of my head that you have a townread on me and I'd appreciate it if you could just offer a brief tl:dr of why you're townreading me.

Okay.

15. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    You went on a big rant about how far outside your scumrange you are earlier and I partially believed it. Plus the flow of this game is making me townread high activity since low activity appears to be working as a cover and I don't see why you'd feel the need to be so loud/present as scum in this gamestate. #446 covers Vaimes. Saying Tammy was trying to mislynch Gemma would basically be saying I have the game solved sufficiently to PoE Tammy, which would be rubbish. It's more like "if all my prior conclusions hold this is the result, and I'm not sure if that means I believe the result or disbelieve my conclusions"

16. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Okay, now that I'm on a computer, I can finally take a look at "you"

Also, fuck the fact that there is no longer the "who posted" button. Just putting that out there.

If I ever use you in this post, assume it refers to the player.

You enters the thread with a post that immediately raises my hackles. It's just so bland and inoffensive. "Oh, everyone who has posted is themselves." Whoopdeedoo?

And then he goes on and on without any substance in his posts until he starts interacting with Gemma.

He goes out of his way to both avoid giving townreads on people and cast doubt on other people's townreads.

When I first post my reasoning for Zen being town:
    Then whenever he posts a town read, it is always followed by a sort of backtrack:

Notice how it's always "could be" or "I'm not sure" or "reply hazy, try again" over and over and over.

Other than his Zenzao read, his reads have remained static throughout the game, with no indication that someone has become more or less scummy. His readslist post is exactly what he stated in posts several pages before, even though there must have been enough interactions to at least make him be like, hmm, i can put a strong read on this person. However, Zenzao goes from someone I shouldn't be townreading to toptown. Why?

He says his reads have been playing musical chairs, but that's explicitly a lie. His reads have no indication of having changed in any of his posts. DC goes from null ->null. Vaimes goes from lean town > lean town. fluff goes from scummy >scummy. Gemma is probably town>probably town.

Actually, looking at the readlist, he has no real strong townreads, but also no real strong scum reads other than Tammy. WTF?

In conclusion, you has had no analysis of any kind, no strong reads, and no change in his reads throughout the day. Lock him up.
    --- Post automerged ---
    that's for @Zenzao

17. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    The only time I recall ranting in this game was about the reverse wall, and that because I was annoyed it did not draw the effect I was going for as it generally has in the past. I will note that I do the same thing with my reverse wall regardless of alignment(being that I post it, usually colorless and sometimes reasonless).

I was very much this loud and I believe present as scum in the previous game. Ah, finally found it, the live list in the opening post is what threw me off as I misread it for player list at a brief glance for my name, it was RWBYMafia(https://forums.darklordpotter.net/threads/rwby-mafia.36528/). And it turns out you were in that game with me? So... that raises some inquiries.

Scum!Zen reverse wall post for anyone curious. There's more on the next couple of pages explaining it.

And fluff just posted. Looks like I should have done an ISO on 'you' during the downtime for the game earlier after all, because those are good points.

So... you/Gemma, or you/lulz? I'd like to lynch all three at the moment.

18. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I'm ready to go you/lulz into you/lulz and enjoy that sweet day 2 win.

19. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Yeah, this annoys me more than it should but looking back over what I was quoting 'you' for in #435, and seeing where Gemma had 'you' at in her own quoted wall a little further down in that post, I'm going to reel back on my urge to see Gemma lynched toDay and chalk her behavior up as Mathblade 2.0 until at least toMorrow.

Unvote.

Lynch Vote You.

--- Post automerged ---
    And I'll be back in about 20 minutes. Got to crash-slam my way through today's writing session.

20. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    What about this then? "Rant" is perhaps a strong word, but it seems to imply that your scumgame is less loud/present at gamestart.

I legit forgot you were in RWBY, probably because I've forgotten everything about that game other than the massive fuckups around Fable and Regfan.