1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worst Fic You Ever Read.

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Rico Rodriguez, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Rico Rodriguez

Rico Rodriguez Banned

I see all those best Fic posts and I just know I had to do something about this. Don't know if there is another one like this in existence, but if there is, no problem.

Okay, list the worst fan fiction you have ever read. The most hated, most cliche ridden, worst characterization, baddest plot etc, etc. Mine would be split between Harry Crow, and some other WBWL Fic with abusive potters, super Harry, Drarry, Nice Voldie.

2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I'd like to direct you to here. https://forums.darklordpotter.net/threads/lets-rap-about-terrible-stories.37867/

I already started a similar thread, there really is no reason to make a new one. I know its hard for you to read past the first couple titles in a forum, but please, just try. And if you're gonna shit on something you need to do better than just a couple lines, tell us why you think its shit, and what you'd do to improve it. And why you should have a thread when the review threads are full of the same thing you're talking here.

Be better, be different.

3. Rico Rodriguez

Rico Rodriguez Banned

Umm.. Thank You and if I comment on Harry Crow, I would say that there is no conflict there. Harry is the basic Gary stu and Hermione is his perfect counterpart. Dumbledore is manipulative, and basically useless, just like Voldie. And the worst thing to me is, Vernon Dursley brings Harry to Gringotts and manages to have a conversation with Goblins. And Hogwarts also wants Harry, in every sense.
    If I was the one writing this fic, I would have made it with pretty much the same beginning, but with some difference like Dursley abuse for some years, the wards in the house deteriorate. Goblins send their letter to Harry, but they do not get reply. They send one of their muggle spies, they consider muggle beneath them, and use them as spies and slaves. The spy gets Harry and brings him to Gringotts. The Goblins realize that this is good, and such. They train him, blah blah blah. He goes to Hogwarts, a less manipulative Fumbles, and a more powerful Voldie. Harry falls for anyone except Hermione and Ginny, with no slash. Sirius escapes. Harry and Dumbledore try to prove his innocence. They succeed. And etc etc.

For WBWL, I listed down my reasons for my dislike.

4. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Talking about how parts of that story make it bad is one thing, you do it in your first paragraph. Your fix it is poorly though out and difficult to follow. If you had written it... but you didn't so summarizing how you would rewrite all the essential plot elements with no context or explanation does nothing for anyone.

5. Rico Rodriguez

Rico Rodriguez Banned

I wrote the way I would re write and makes it good for me. But you are right, it is poorly thought out and bad.

6. Sorrows

Don't worry about it, multi threads happen and they aren't the end of the world even if Zombie gets salty. I'd rather have more than one thread on a topic rather than people reviving long dead threads where all the arguments have already been played out (though his was only a few months old.)

As for me a really poor story I read recently gave Hermoine a tragic backstory that seemed to hinge on the premise that as her parents were muggles they would never truly 'get her' and she has been nobly hiding this pain from Harry and Ron for years and it is somehow worse than Harry living in a cupboard and being brought up by the Dursleys. I noped out when it culminated i n a long chastising rant about how lucky Ron and Harry had it compared to her and they just didnt care about her pain etc etc.

7. Horton

Horton Second Year

8. Rico Rodriguez

Rico Rodriguez Banned

9. Zombie

10. Rico Rodriguez

Rico Rodriguez Banned

Oh, joy! Should have guessed that you would just say my first fic. I am so happy. Whoop!

11. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
  12. Sorrows

[​IMG]

13. Horton

Horton Second Year

14. Rico Rodriguez

Rico Rodriguez Banned

If you are trying to annoy me, please don't. I am not in a good mood and I certainly don't want to reply to messages like this unless you really want me too.

15. Zombie

Better back off guys he's in a 'mood.'

@Rico Rodriguez what fics do you consider terrible. You never gave any examples.

16. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you're looking for a good mood safe space you're in the wrong fucking place mate.

17. Rico Rodriguez

Rico Rodriguez Banned

Is there any thread that teaches how to write british?

18. Zombie

We don't, but the best way to write like a brit is to add mate to the end of every question.

And instead of ass say arse.

And instead of saying I'm gonna fuck you.

Say I'm gonna give you such a fonging.

And when your characters say good bye, use toodles a lot.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  19. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

There's this wonderful, imaginative book written by this lady called JK Rowling that's just full of British.

20. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I can give tips on how to write Australian.

Mate = Cunt
    Mate = Mate
    Cunt = Cunt
    Cunt = Mate