1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Advent by euphemisms - T - Death Parade

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Miner, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

Title: Advent
    Author: euphemisms
    Rating: T
    Genre: Romance, Hurt/Comfort
    Length: 7575 words
    Pairings: Chiyuki/Decim
    Summary:
    “I'm not a selfless person,” Nona says, unapologetic.
    You're not a person at all, Chiyuki thinks, but doesn't say.
    Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/3671889/chapters/8117811

Vira found this, but I liked it enough to stick it here.

A fix-it fic that rewrites the ending to Death Parade; this story focuses on Chiyuki and Decim's relationship, had Chiyuki been given the option to stay in Quindecim forever.

I'm not entirely sure what I really liked about it. I suppose a part of me always wanted a bit more to the source material that was never realized. Another part of me probably appreciated how warm and natural the characters are in this story, despite the fantastical setting. It's not quite as powerful as the show, but the story is still rather humanizing if you think about it, and I wound up really liking it.

I'll have to take points off for a lack of a real ending, or any real sort of continuity between chapters. It feels almost as though each chapter is its own story. I also really wish that the author touched upon Chiyuki's thoughts about her newfound immortality, and the implications and consequences of such. Even still, I very much enjoyed it.

4/5

2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Should I know anything about the source material to be able to understand this? I feel like that's going to be a big issue if I'm trying to get into it.

3. Miner

Miner Order Member

Erm. I'd say that, at the very least, you should know the basics of the world. It's a fix-it fic though, so watching the show (12 episodes, each about 25 mins long) would probably go a long way to increasing your enjoyment factor of the fic.

4. Snupps

Snupps Fourth Year DLP Supporter

High Score:
    3.5/5 - I enjoyed it. You could say it's pretty fast paced, but seeing as it's a short one-shot it makes sense.

I agree with what you said about the ending, feels like the author had nowhere to go after that and so they ended the story.