1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mobile Games Recommendations

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Invictus, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

So, since I enjoyed FGO so much, I've been searching for another mobile game to play too, specially when I either need a break from FGO, or when it's low burn period (outside events). Hence, I'm looking for another game or two to keep myself entertained.

The type of games I'm looking for are ones with decent to good story (thus english, waifus and gameplay that isn't too boring. In that order.

Right now, I tried out Bleach Brave Souls because Bleach's character designes are hands down my favorite. Didn't like it, it was an obvious low level effort to just grab some cash and nothing to keep you interested. No meaningful interaction with your characters and just a history rehash. The Danmachi Gacha was the same. FEH doesn't interest me. And I'm about to try out Granblue Fantasy.

I noticed other two mobile games were recommended here. If anyone could talk about them more, specially regarding those things I'm looking for, I would appreciate it.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Dragalia Lost and Epic Seven are the 2 new hotness.

Dragalia Lost is a lot more fun and whimsical with events every month, usually with a week or two down time before the next one comes.

While Epic Seven is a lot.. more beautiful and very grindy. It's F/GO type combat with auto battle.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Try Epic 7. It's a good turn-based 'speed-meter' combat krpg gacha, with waifus and husbandos aplenty. Just way too grindy and time consuming for me. Not a lot of char interaction either if that's a deal breaker for you.

I'm currently playing FGO, Star Ocean: Anamnesis, and Dragalia Lost.

SOA is great fun. The story and char interaction is downright shit, but the multiplayer action gameplay is almost triple-A quality. Now is a great time to start and do rerolls with the NiER collab. 3 of the best chars in the game on limited rate up. No one can resist 2B booty.

Dragalia is just a fun little low maintenance arpg time waster. Horrible rates, but you can clear all content with 4 star unit teams.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  4. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Less like what you’ve played, but A Dark Room is easily one of the best mobile games.

Surprisingly simple but lot of potential to die. Plus the mystery draws you in...

5. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

... I want 2B and A2 so badly. So. Badly. What are the reroll rates? What are the chances for me to get those two? Not either, but both.

What's the story and Character interaction in both like?

6. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

I can’t speak for Epic7, but Dragalia is more of a console game on mobile phone.

Story so far isn’t that far yet. There are some interactions between the main cast and the summoned adventures in side stories. Each character has 5 side stories in which they interact.

Recently they also added castle stories wherein the summoned units interact with eachother.

All in all the stories are fairly cliché. This also includes the main story (what is released so far at least)

The key selling point in DL is its gameplay which is significantly different than most gacha mobile games.

7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Hmmm. Well, it is 6% for any 5 star in a ten roll, and the banner units are roughly 8 times more likely to appear than non-banner. I don't remember how many gems you get upon rerolling... I think two or three ten rolls worth? Getting both via rerolls would take some doing and some luck, but it is definitely achievable.

I got 2B on her first rate up a month or so ago in 3x ten rolls, which is about 2.5 weeks savings. I then got two more 2B dupes and A2 in 4x ten rolls during this banner, along with several other 5 star dupes.

A2, one of the 2B dupes, and muh boi Albel all came home in a single roll. Given the generous rates, getting two plus 5s in single ten roll is pretty common, but it does still take some luck.

8. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

As a time waster, I play the game Atomas. Its got a zen mode. Pretty neat. Nothing like the ones rec'd so far.

9. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

I'm getting 8k right after the tutorial. Should I be doing more stuff to get the remaining 2k needed? Is there any easy way to get gems in the beginning? Because rerolling for only one 10x roll is pretty tiring.

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I would check the reddit guides. There should be more that you can get pretty quickly from intro achieves. Is Maze of Tribulations open for you? At launch, I vaguely remember getting 5000 via tutorial, a free "pick your 5 star", a free 5 star Faize, and 6k extra gems, but those campaigns may be over.

Also to reroll just clear app data. Don't uninstall. Should be a fairly quickishy process assuming you're using skip button.

Oh, I forgot. If multiplayer is open for you, you can get tons of gems from your first 50 first encounter social bonuses. Just auto join some garbage farming zones and let people carry you.

11. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Talked with the guys on Discord. They said that the better campaign ended some weeks ago so its quicker to roll the 8k and then do it again. After a handful of retries I got 2B and... 9S. So to rerolling ago. A2 or nothing

12. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    May the gods of android booty bless you with a 2B/A2 double summon. If not, although not quite as stupidly OP as 2B, A2 is probably the best offensive tank in the game, so just her alone should carry you through 99% of content.

You'll want to leave yourself a few days to do the Nier event too. The collab welfare weapons are spectacular for f2p weps, specifically A2's greatsword once you MLB it with the cap increase items.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
  13. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

It might be a lame answer, but you can get emulators on your phone. Something like SMW might be a bit tricky to play (idk) but I've played a lot of earthbound and pokemon on my phone.

14. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Thanks for the answers, not what I'm looking for now, but I took a look at them and both are def interesting. Will keep em mind for when I want something different.

15. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

I did it. I actually managed to get them both. A2 on a single roll and 2B came home with 9S in the 10x roll. Much rerolling was done, but I am free of that now. So, what's the can I still do the welfare event? How?

16. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I might give SOA a whirl.

They should really make a mobile for Valkyria Chronicles. I briefly played Terra Battle alongside FEH, before FGO became my go-to. Terra Battle's gameplay is rather unintuitive, such that I never got into its flow, but it's great if you do. I should pick it back up sometime.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018