1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Independent Harry Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by papamurf, Nov 16, 2007.

1. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

Edit: Sure, take it.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  2. Kung_lou

Kung_lou Sixth Year

**insert gratuitous Plug**

eh - my perception series matches this challenge pretty well. Once more the under dogs and Chaos on the Hellmouth in particular (stargate cross)

www.fanfiction.net/~kunglou

3. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

Doctor, you're pissing me off. Stop writing in such a douchish manner.

4. papamurf

papamurf Squib

I want you all to have a clearer idea of what I was thinking so here are some ideas I came up with. Mostly just cool scenes or ideas that I've tried to piece together.

-Apparition requires you to open a wormhole, create an EM field to protect yourself and to manipulate space to fit into the wormhole. he figures it would be more pleasent if you only sent energy through instead of matter sorounded by a powerful EM field.
    -Charms uses magical energy to manipulate the energy of an object (even a color changing charm requires a big change on the atomic level causing the object to reflect differnt wavelengths). Transfiguration uses magical energy to manipulate matter. E=mc2 says it should be possible to use magical energy to transfigure matter into energy and energy into matter.
    -After studying the animagus transformation he is able to alter it from matter to matter to amatter to energy transformation. He unintentionally ascends but his connection to VolD anchors him to this plane. (Like Anubis)

D finds all the horcruxes and takes harry to find the locket. While D is sick Harry,who no longer trusts D, discovers the locket is a fake but destroys it anyway without telling D.

Harry doesn't know how or why but after his "ascenion" he begins to comprehend the vastness of the universe and how utterly insignifigant he is. Once he finds out that all his friends are dead or convinced he's evil he has no urge to return to the wizarding world or get involved in their conflict with muggles.

Harry discovers the locket at #12 and suddenly realizes the possible benefits of immortality.

He begins to experiment with metamorph/self-transfiguration to alter his eyes to see different regions of the EM spectrum. He eventually stumbles on the wireless frequencies used by radio, cell phones, and computers. He starts arranging his occlumency like a computer and is eventually able to create "software" to decode the signals he sees. Tired of listening in on peoples phone calls he realizes he can use a simply modified lumos spell to input data of navigate the internet. He is able to download and immediatly comprehend any book or scientific journal he comes across.

He is moved by Arthur C. Clark's "Fountains of Paradise" where a man spends his entire life trying to build something that would change the human race forever. Muggles know that the universe is far larger than themselves while wizards demand the universe to bend to thier will. He begins to wonder if he can protect muggles without haveing to fight.

The wizarding world, united behind Dumbles continue to hunt harry down and he is sick of running, usually casually casting magical illusions so the aurors have to start obliviating muggles instead catching him. When he thinks he's out of options he remembers an article from the quibbler speculating that a man rode his broom to the moon.

He spends some time makeing a simple space suit and ensures that his apartment trunk will remain airtight in vacum. haveing apparated cross country many times he grabs his broom and apparates 1500 miles straight up. A long flights gets him to his new home.

Harry decides he can help the muggles without fighting by giving them a place to run if they loose. he uses his architectural and scientific knowledge to set up his base of operations in a shadowed ice filled crater. He uses lasers from the diamond industry to crave microscopic air freshening and co2 scrubbing runes on strips of diamond, ensuring the area will be livable for a few centuries at least. He uses line of sight apparation to build dwellings on nearly every planetary body in the solar system, connected by a floo/portkey network protected by blood wards requiring non-magical blood.

Harry had already upstaged voldemort by achieving magical immortality, after reading Pohl's "Genesis" harry realizes he can give tom an even bigger FU by achieving immortality through purley muggle means. Harry continued his occlumency until he broke his mind down to basic binary code. after weeks of inputing code he finally brought himself to life. He shrunk the mess of databanks and network cables until it fit into a small chest. Wanting to ensure "he" had an everlasting power supply Harry carved hundreds of Lumos runes and laid them directly on top of solar powercells. Attaching optical sensors, manipulators, and an enlarged tank with nozle for manuverability, "Harry" was launched out of the ecliptic on a slow journey to deep space. "Harry" will travel among the stars for thousands of years staying in constant contact through fiber optics connected to the twoway mirror on moon base. Harry decided that mapping the galaxy was a far better use of immortality than killing mudbloods.

His world changes drastically when, from the moon, he sees a large purple disturbance in space that spits out hundreds of huge pyrimidal space ships.
    Harry's saving people thing kicks in after he sees the ships firing on the surface. Harry heads for the largest ship when he sees he's not alone, a clearly earth made ship is on a collision course with the command ship.
    Harry tries to signal the Earth ship, briefly gaining access to the ships databanks, but his intervention became moot because a bright gold glow followed the ship before breaking apart and tearing the alien fleet to shreds. Maybe the muggles don't need his help afterall.

harry continues to the ship to salvage the engines if possible or use thier computers to find out where it came from. While working on an intact computer a dark shadow creeps up behind him knocks him out.

When Anubis awoke in his new host he immediatly new something was wrong. When he tried to access the host's memories all he got was a dizzying blur of ones and zeros. Even more alarming was he could not feel the intense radiation sickness his energy form caused when he was forced to take a human host. A stab of fear ripped through him when he started to feel his mind being pushed back by the tide of binary, "Hey Arsehole!"

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007
  5. papamurf

papamurf Squib

"this is more of a crossover challenge" You're kind of right. I would absolutley love if someone used my idea to write a Stargate crossover. But my reason for posting it here was to give people a jumping off point, rooted in cannon, that leads to a vast number of possibilities.

6. Mordac

Mordac Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I think you got some great ideas, but I have to get a quip in about this. How would creating a copy of himself grant him immortality? Is that just a planned 2nd body for his soul to go (we know they exist in the Potter-verse, laving aside the real world debate)?

7. papamurf

papamurf Squib

He "downloaded" his mind into a computer. Once it is activated it would be a second copy of his mind up until that point. from then on the computer would have different experiences but it would still be harrys mind. His mind could travel the universe for as long as it had power.

8. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

Someone's been reading too much "Mastermind Hunting" by Louis XVI.

9. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

Great ideas, but I just think it's too outlandish.

Frankly, it's a Super!Harry, with no real explanation on how it's possible.

Impossible. Occlumency is only protection against Legilimency. It won't turn a person into a walking computer.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  10. Story Content: Any new ideas?
    papamurf

papamurf Squib

Any new ideas?

11. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Chief Warlock

Uh, welcome back, I guess.

12. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

13. papamurf

papamurf Squib

My latest idea involves a time turner combined with STL travel.

If you strap a cheap time tuner, 1 second into the past, on to a simple ion drive, like the Voyager probes, you could have the probe go through every star system in the galaxy, or the entire universe if it had enough fuel, and then return 1 second after launch.

14. Microwave

Microwave Professor

What I'm most impressed with is how the hell you're able to pick up exactly from where your train of thought died off eleven years later.

15. papamurf

papamurf Squib

I am very drunk and decided to see what I actually wrote 10 years ago. I still have not seen anything that comes close to what I suggested.

Every Hp / sci-fi crossover has magic being dumbed down to science.

It should be the other way.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  16. Conquistador

Conquistador High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Have you been in a coma for the last 11 years or something?