1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Harry is a doctor in the USA

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Z01nks, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Z01nks

Z01nks Muggle

Hey guys. First post, hope I don't break any rules. Anyway, I'm searching for a fanfiction where Harry is a doctor in the US and he has to heal a girl from cancer (I think) who's name was Ashley or Angela. He also has a girlfriend who's working at the same hospital whom he wants to propose and neither knows they are both magical (she says no the first time, I think). Harry's friends (might be the parents of Ashley, not sure, her parents might be muggles) are aurors in the US and they are called to the UK to help the Aurors there in an investigation. They arrive at the ministry where Harry and another set of parents pose as muggles and Umbridge is very toxic towards them. Also the Order searches their rooms and kiddnaps somebody and Harry goes after that person, to rescue her/him, being angry.........

2. pretaxfrog4

pretaxfrog4 Muggle

if you find this somebody let me know because ive been looking for it for over a year

3. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

What the fuck is this even. All my what. I doubt anyone here would have read that. Pretty far off base from what people normally like here.

4. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Oh hush @Zombie, people are allowed to like or want to look up all sorts of weird things. I don't know the story OP but it does sound faintly familiar.

5. Zombie

Of course it would for you. That story sounds fucking terrible though.

6. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Say when, Zombie.

I don't know the story - but I do like the prompt. Reminds me of The Human Condition, a fic from 2004 that remains one of my favourite fics to this day.

The premise of Harry leaving the world that beat/broke/battered/betrayed him behind does appeal, and then gets pulled back into that world and returns... angry. It was half the premise of Wastelands. And thinking about this inspires me to write something along those lines without the time travel wank.

That said, if it's not a well-known story then I'm not sure DLP will know it.

7. Zombie

There will be a woman that he meets at a coastal bar, muggle maybe, and she'll connect with Harry as he makes foot in mouth. Her name will be Samantha, Kelly, or Rose. She'll be taken from him at the peak of their love, and in her honor, he'll go into the muggle world to save as many lives with just his bare hands as he can.

He finds love again, an old friend, someone familiar. They ask him why he's there, but he's got the long distance gaze of a warrior. They can't make him go back, he'll fight them.

<greek name> arrives to render everything Harry has wrought useless, and he will be helpless to fight against it. Time is against him, he's fallen off the wagon and he goes on a bender, in the mean time he gets a feel for magic again, the greatest kind, the most arcane kind.

He strikes a deal with the Devil, and he gets to speak to Rose, Kelly or Samantha one last time and she sets him free of his obligations. He tells her that he might die, she says nothing, but a tear rolls down her cheek.

He fights <greek name> and wins, but at a cost. The world he knows is broken and so is he. He lays there, dying. In his last breaths, he knows freedom.

When?

8. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

That was... beautiful, man. (sniff) Still a better romance plot than Twilight.

9. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    ...I mean yeah, that, but with a lot more seemingly deep but ultimately shallow quotes scattered throughout.

10. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

That's where you come in @Joe

Joe
  11. Zombie

Needs more skeleton soldiers from Atlantis.

Joe