1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Summaries v10.0

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Syaoran, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Donimo

Donimo Auror

EnduranceBy: misteeirene
    Alternate version of Slipped. After being bitten and raped by a vampire, Harry's secret of being a submissive wizard capable of getting pregnant is discovered. Now he must find a way to save himself and all his children from all the purebloods who want to use him as a broodmare. Can his rapist and his family save him? Harry/Jasper, abuse, torture, rape, m/m
    Rated: Fiction M - English - Hurt/Comfort/Angst - Harry P., Jasper - Chapters: 20 - Words: 156,022 - Reviews: 883 - Favs: 1,198 - Follows: 1,445 - Updated: Mar 17 - Published: Sep 2, 2015 - id: 11482922

2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Uh what.

3. Niez

Niez Competition Winner CHAMPION ⭐⭐

Every single line of that summary is perfectly horrifying on its own. Together; well, it’s just genius.

4. James

James Unspeakable

Didn't you know that horrifying experience of rape unlocks your well hidden submissive/gay/wizard side?

5. Silirt

Silirt Chief Warlock DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Are we going to change the title to 'presumably fair summaries of bad stories' if that's what we're going to be posting?

6. James

James Unspeakable

A serpent mentored me by ary42 reviews
    the first downfall of Voldemort led Dumbledore to believe he had two puppets in his hand. but if the bigger puppet scheme to take matters in his own hand and influence the little puppet?
    Harry Potter - Rated: T - English - Chapters: 1 - Words: 1,593 - Reviews: 1 - Favs: 9 - Follows: 15 - Published: Mar 26 - Harry P., Severus S.

lel

7. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The-Chamber-of-Contemplative-Musings by: kgfinkel
    Drips and Drabbles of stories that could potentially lead to something epic. Updates will be sporadic as my muse is temperamental and I still have two other stories I'm working on. No pairings unless otherwise specified. I dislike Ron Weasley and Albus Dumbledore so expect bashing!
    Rated: T - English - Chapters: 11 - Words: 15,243 - Reviews: 83 - Favs: 37 - Follows: 60 - Updated: 2h ago - Published: May 6, 2018

This summary might not be that bad then you read a bit and every chapter is rational fic! wank and the whole thing sucks.

8. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

Idk, summary is prettt awful at convincing anyone why they should read, on top of being completely empty of substance

9. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/14066796/chapters/32406264

You may have noted the tags (do they count as a summary?) say "BAMF without bashing". Well it's funny it says that as I got about a third of the way through before the story veered from "SHIELD critical" to straight up SHIELD, Captain America and anyone who didn't become a government book-licker after Civil War hate boner.

10. Dubious Destiny

Dubious Destiny Seventh Year

Pretty awful summary. Author worships Snape and Hermione.

11. Silirt

Is it a bad summary because the author doesn't make that clear?

12. Dubious Destiny

Dubious Destiny Seventh Year

The summary I posted shows Harry as the protagonist, but if you were to read the book(or the rest of the series), it becomes clear after a sad hour or two that Ron or Hermione are the 'lead' characters, with significant non-creepy Snape appearances.
    This is not a bad story, just a bad summary for an average story, unlike the most of the posts here.

13. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

Feels Fucking Bad.

14. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Headmaster

Harry Potter And The Prophecy Revealed
    I don't know why, but Evil Dumbledore/Bad Molly automatically struck me as a pairing, and now I can't get it out of my head.

Also Dudely Dursley. Dudely.

15. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

My favorite part is how it clarifies that Dumbledore and Ron are not only evil and bad respectively, but they're also going to be bashed. As if a story that spends half its summary on mentioning how terrible some of the characters will be needs to make sure how much it's going to hate on the two of them.

Also, I noticed Molly isn't specifically listed as being bashed, just bad. Does that mean she'll be a character that does bad things, but the how and why behind those actions make sense for her and helps make her a morally complex character?

16. Shadow Shaman

Shadow Shaman Third Year

The only moral complexity Dumbledore and Molly have is how shitty of an evil laugh(while drinking wine in front of a fireplace)can they pull off before Harry inevitably destroys then.

17. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Don't think I've seen this flavour of self insert before.

18. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    Erm… When did “vote via review” become a thing?

19. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

Honestly, I'm more bothered by the Joffrey Lannister part than anything else. He is Joffrey Baratheon, regardless of who his father actually is or which House he might more identify with. It's Joffrey Baratheon and only Joffrey Baratheon.

20. Silirt

Technically he's a bastard, since he's a child born out of an affair. If a king were to legitimize him, he would have his father's name, and if the king knew who his real father was, he would be a Lannister. I have no idea why this idiot is calling him that in the summary, but there are circumstances under which he would be called that.